When was the last time you read Revelations?

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
capleton
Banned

Re: When was the last time you read Revelations?

Post by capleton »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Mar 26th, 2020, 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Mar 26th, 2020, 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
You and 71 others Like this post
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

If you don't want to discuss the topic stay out of this thread. Only warning you'll be getting.

https://forums.castanet.net/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=21553
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

oldtrucker wrote:The book of Revelation has some parts that could be applied to what's happening now.
I guess given a long enough time line, all events in prophecies could eventually play out.
Did one of the Horsemen just show up?

There is a good chance we are starting to enter the Tribulation times?
Or even Jacob's Troubles....

With so much happening since Jan. 1st I would guess we have entered the turbulent 20'S.

We have increased of major earthquakes the past few years.
Massive levels of Locus now in Africa and Pakistan.
Massive storms, bigger and way more than there ever has been.
Flooding all over the world wiping out food sources.
Massive amounts of people moving around the world like the world has never seen
Massive fires destroying cities and large area's of countries.
Stock Market tumbling
etc, etc, etc....

Yes maybe the gates of hell are opening?
Yes maybe 1 of the Horsemen of has arrived and more to come!
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

The tribulation will begin after a certain event takes place and that has not happened yet. The pandemic is a sign of the last days true, along with many other ones that are also happening and will lead to tribualtion event as you say.. But it is coming.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I've read not one but two books on the subject. I hadn't posted on the topic because I was waiting for a braver soul.

Why does "the beast" have to be a person? Because frankly, the description fits: China.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

How to bring out the end times doomsayers? Just add a virus. It never fails.
Every time a catastrophic world event happens, like clock work, the religious starting spouting off about the end of the world.
It’s like they’re almost giddy for it and an “I told you so” air comes over them.
Once we get a grip on this virus the religious will shuffle off home saying “oh well, better luck next time”

[youtube] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hJQ18S6aag[/youtube]
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

Queen K wrote:I've read not one but two books on the subject. I hadn't posted on the topic because I was waiting for a braver soul.

Why does "the beast" have to be a person? Because frankly, the description fits: China.
There are several beasts in Revelation. But none are people but are governments. You can tell this by the descriptions and crowns.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse

Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_seals

The AntiChrist persecuting the Christains for three years? this could describe what China does when self-identified countries as largely Christian, ie, Canada and the USA, bankrupt themselves into an economic melt down. Which we are seeing the beginning of right now.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

Queen K wrote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_seals

The AntiChrist persecuting the Christains for three years? this could describe what China does when self-identified countries as largely Christian, ie, Canada and the USA, bankrupt themselves into an economic melt down. Which we are seeing the beginning of right now.

Interesting, but you would have to look at other prophetic books like Daniel to have a chance at understanding the Beasts of Revelation. One would almost certainly misunderstand such deep things if taken only by themselves. These must also fit related prophesies and harmonize with the context. Bottom line; its not China, although China is a buddy of one powerful figurehead that is having much to do today... Thats another topic though.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

My favorite part of Revelations is the 2 witnesses who are thorn in the side of the antiChrist.

They warn the world of the coming of the Lord Jesus!

Revelation 11 New King James Version (NKJV)
The Two Witnesses

11 Then I was given a reed like a measuring rod. [a]And the angel stood, saying, “Rise and measure the temple of God, the altar, and those who worship there. 2 But leave out the court which is outside the temple, and do not measure it, for it has been given to the Gentiles. And they will tread the holy city underfoot for forty-two months. 3 And I will give power to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy one thousand two hundred and sixty days, clothed in sackcloth.”

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?s ... rsion=NKJV
Last edited by averagejoe on Mar 30th, 2020, 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

THE TWO WITNESSES

In Revelation 11:3 [Open in Logos Bible Software (if available)] , God states: “I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophecy [preach] 1260 days, clothed in sackcloth.” The length of the ministry of the two witnesses is 1260 days, which is the length of 42 thirty-day months. Their ministry apparently occurs during the same time period allotted for the city of Jerusalem to be “trodden under foot” by the “nations.” If so, the ministry of the two witnesses will last for the same period of time that the “nations” have some kind of jurisdiction or control over the city of Jerusalem. Notice that this 42 month period is also the same period of time allotted for the prophesied existence of an end-time political entity called the “beast” (Revelation 13:1-7 [Open in Logos Bible Software (if available)] ).

The “beast” power of Revelation 13 (see verse 7) will have authority over all the “ethnos” (the nations), the same “ethnos” that will have some control over the city of Jerusalem in Revelation 11:1-2 [Open in Logos Bible Software (if available)] . It is very likely that the “beast” of Revelation which rules the “ethnos” in the end-time is also the entity acting for the “ethnos” in assuming some control over Jerusalem in Revelation 11:1-2 [Open in Logos Bible Software (if available)] in the end-time. It seems evident that the two “42 month” periods of time mentioned in Revelation 11:2 [Open in Logos Bible Software (if available)] and 13:5 [Open in Logos Bible Software (if available)] are describing the same period of time. If so, the two witnesses will apparently emerge on the world scene just as a “beast” power assumes some form of jurisdiction over part of the city of Jerusalem.

Revelation 11:3 [Open in Logos Bible Software (if available)] states the two witnesses will be “clothed in sackcloth.” The term “sackcloth” pictures garments of grieving or mourning (see I Samuel 3:31 [Open in Logos Bible Software (if available)] , Jeremiah 4:8 [Open in Logos Bible Software (if available)] and many other scriptures). This expression could mean these two prophets will be (A) clothed in literal “sackcloth,” (B) be “clothed” in a spirit of mourning about the ominous message they are required to deliver to the world, or (C) both of the above options.

Jesus Christ also mentioned the ministry of the two witnesses in his Olivet prophecy. In Matthew 24:14 [Open in Logos Bible Software (if available)] , Jesus stated: “And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations [the same “ethnos” cited in Revelation 11], and then shall the end come.” [Emphasis added.] This is a parallel prophecy to Revelation 11’s prophecy about the two witnesses. The two witnesses will have a global ministry in the end time, and Jesus foretold that a global ministry will come which will witness that the end of this age and the coming of the kingdom of God is at hand. Revelation 11 foretells that when the two witnesses’ ministry is over, the end of the age quickly comes. Matthew 24 states that when the global witness is over, “the end comes.” The connection is hard to miss. Matthew 24:14 [Open in Logos Bible Software (if available)] is a reference to the ministry of the two witnesses.

https://stevenmcollins.com/articles/the-two-witnesses/

1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

Opportunistic proselytizing to the naive, gullible, or otherwise worried masses.
It really is deplorable and one is the lowest of the low to foist their fear mongering dogma on the susceptible at a time such as what we are experiencing today.
Our current situation really brings out the true colours of people.
And the colour of this thread is ugly.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

Stay.on.topic.
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”