Removal of derelict vessels

one wheel
Übergod

Removal of derelict vessels

Post by one wheel »

Why are the Government Officials in charge of our environment not held accountable ?

A derelict pontoon boat has been in Eagle Bay since early January but the very departments that Canadians expect to take action all pass the buck ?

The Ministry of Environment - The Canadian Coast Guard - Vessels of Concern - Conservative MP Mel Arnold - where are you ?

Tourists flock to the Shuswap to enjoy camping & houseboating in the pristine lakes available.

To hear a statement made that this present 'floating pile of rubble' is of minimal pollution risk is over the top crazy ?

It's no longer seaworthy & should be considered a pollution hazard, stop stalling & remove it.
Boosted632
Banned

Re: Removal of derelict vessels

Post by Boosted632 »

You could always go deal with it yourself if it bothers you that much the wheels of government will never get around to it
I wouldn't Have to manage my anger if people could learn to manage their STUPIDITY
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

one wheel wrote:Why are the Government Officials in charge of our environment not held accountable ?

A derelict pontoon boat has been in Eagle Bay since early January but the very departments that Canadians expect to take action all pass the buck ?

The Ministry of Environment - The Canadian Coast Guard - Vessels of Concern - Conservative MP Mel Arnold - where are you ?

Tourists flock to the Shuswap to enjoy camping & houseboating in the pristine lakes available.

To hear a statement made that this present 'floating pile of rubble' is of minimal pollution risk is over the top crazy ?

It's no longer seaworthy & should be considered a pollution hazard, stop stalling & remove it.

so anyone tell when or where the government worker or department ever did a thing for anyone other than themselves and only if it was their idea
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

dontrump wrote:
one wheel wrote:Why are the Government Officials in charge of our environment not held accountable ?

so anyone tell when or where the government worker or department ever did a thing for anyone other than themselves and only if it was their idea

They mailed you your pension cheques.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

I've tried to have a vessel removed in the past. You get tossed back and forth to one office to another. In one case I was given a number and name to call. I called it and was directed back to the individual I got the number from. Just a game in the Federal Government, no one is held accountable and no one responsible.

In the end the Conservation Officers did attend, one and a half months later. They called me and said, no fuel or oil above the vessel. It is not pollution then. Very say really when you think of it.

I think what one should do it pull it in the dark of night into a ramp, say at West Kelowna Yacht club. Then at least someone will pull the wreck out of the water.
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

one wheel wrote:A derelict pontoon boat has been in Eagle Bay since early January but the very departments that Canadians expect to take action all pass the buck ?

Ken7 wrote:I think what one should do it pull it in the dark of night into a ramp, say at West Kelowna Yacht club. Then at least someone will pull the wreck out of the water.

I think we are talking long ramp here.
Not afraid to say "It".
Brushy Bill
Board Meister

Post by Brushy Bill »

The Lake is Crown lands? Federal?
https://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/marinesafety/a ... -4454.html

or you could just sss

slip scuttle and sink

:admin:

Return to “North Okanagan”