I need a haircut

Home/car maintenance, renos, gardening, DIY, farming, creative endeavours.
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

I need a haircut

Post by occasional thoughts »

There's going to be a lot of shaggy people around here in the next few weeks if certain services aren't allowed to resume. Yes, under the strictest of conditions, I don't need Covid-19 worse than I'm going to need a haircut. And seniors and others are going to need visits to podiatrist/nail cutters before too long. And I don't mean manicures or pedicures. I wonder what plans our governments have tor allowing certain services that MIGHT be deemed eventually essential to resume. Masks on proprietor and customer?
normaM
The Pilgrim

Re: I need a haircut

Post by normaM »

for Petes sake they were letting gyms and yoga studios stay open???
I agree, some services are essential to many that have been closed.
You can always have at your hair with clippers, that look is coming back. Avoid bowl cuts :/
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

^^^ what on Earth is that? Home haircuts are going to make for some interesting selfies
Carrs Landing Viking
Übergod

Post by Carrs Landing Viking »

Thank goodness I have the ability to cut my own hair. My hubby just shakes his head and says, how do you do that.

What a handy skillset to have at the moment. :D
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

normaM wrote:^^^ what on Earth is that? Home haircuts are going to make for some interesting selfies

LOL, thats the "FlowBee", it was the highlight of late night 90s informercials [icon_lol2.gif]
eires37
Banned

Post by eires37 »

Awe c'mon... we can all wander around with big hair, just like our favorite 80's rock group. Albeit some of us a little "greyer"
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

featfan
Guru

Post by featfan »

occasional thoughts wrote:There's going to be a lot of shaggy people around here in the next few weeks if certain services aren't allowed to resume. Yes, under the strictest of conditions, I don't need Covid-19 worse than I'm going to need a haircut. And seniors and others are going to need visits to podiatrist/nail cutters before too long. And I don't mean manicures or pedicures. I wonder what plans our governments have tor allowing certain services that MIGHT be deemed eventually essential to resume. Masks on proprietor and customer?

My mom needs her toe nails cut and I do not know how to help her.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

There are a few places to try... here is one place.
https://www.orchardcityfootcare.ca/
They are nurses
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

You don't need a haircut, as much as you need to survive right now..
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by occasional thoughts »

Glad to see the humour here. Show-Bee??? Ugh!!! My question was lighthearted but ultimately serious Esp. nails for some people. Hair cuts are cosmetic, more or less, but nails can be a physical problem. People can probably do without prof. massages. Acupuncture? I think optometrists are closed too. That would be serious for some.
pentona
Übergod

Post by pentona »

occasional thoughts wrote:There's going to be a lot of shaggy people around here in the next few weeks if certain services aren't allowed to resume. Yes, under the strictest of conditions, I don't need Covid-19 worse than I'm going to need a haircut. And seniors and others are going to need visits to podiatrist/nail cutters before too long. And I don't mean manicures or pedicures. I wonder what plans our governments have tor allowing certain services that MIGHT be deemed eventually essential to resume. Masks on proprietor and customer?

Pretend you are back in the 60's when the Beatle haircut was the order of the day!

https://fineartamerica.com/featured/bea ... hives.html
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

3 Stooges hair cut all that's needed is a bowl and clippers. [icon_lol2.gif]
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

In regards to toe nails, granted I have zero clue in the requirements for women's pedicures, but if it becomes a serious issue for some, can't you just use toenail clippers?

As far as haircuts go, being a dude, just a quick buzz with some clippers and I'm good :up:

Return to “Creative Endeavours”