Time to sacrifice grandma

bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Time to sacrifice grandma

Post by bob vernon »

We finally have a politician who is willing to let the virus do the job that God intended. Survival of the fittest is just conservatism at its most basic.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/29 ... he-economy
jamapple
Übergod

Re: Time to sacrifice grandma

Post by jamapple »

I read it, and thought he meant in the good ol' USA. But, nope. He's a good old conservative. Says he's a small business owner as well, and I had to dig deep to find he actually owns a garbage business in Vernon. Have to admit, I got a few laughs from people lambasting him about his business. He seems to think that his small business is taking a hit, but from his FB page, he's open from 6am to 9pm daily. You'd think in a business where everyone is stuck at home, and doing spring cleaning, yard work, or home renos, his business taking dump runs would be booming. But he whines that all small business is hurting. No, sir. Many are, yours should be a banner year. If you can't make a go of it in the current state, you're a lousy business man.
He goes on to say Sweden isn't doing anything, and letting everything be open for business. I did look that up as well, and here's a link. If you read it all, you'll see they are now building makeshift hospitals, etc.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus- ... c-11966132

Last 2 paragraphs says it all. I wonder why Mr. Anderson thinks they,(Sweden), would be making makeshift hospitals now if there won't be a need for it?
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

bob vernon wrote:We finally have a politician who is willing to let the virus do the job that God intended. Survival of the fittest is just conservatism at its most basic.

god intended LOL I think foreign aliens landed here and started it is my theory
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

dontrump wrote:
bob vernon wrote:We finally have a politician who is willing to let the virus do the job that God intended. Survival of the fittest is just conservatism at its most basic.

god intended LOL I think foreign aliens landed here and started it is my theory

Either that or Canadians coming home from all over the world in ........ virus incubators...... I mean airliners. After staying in virus incubating hotels all over the world. But that would mean that the "others" wouldn't be to blame. And we have to have an identifiable "foreign alien" group to blame.
lcpp64
Board Meister

Post by lcpp64 »

If “God” intended to sacrifice Grandma, then it would only be a logical conclusion that “God” also wanted the economy sacrificed along with Grandma.

For many reasons, this Councilor is wrong. If we do not flatten the curve more than Grandma is at risk here. Just look @ Italy & now NYS. Is that what we should admire and attempt to replicate?

In the industry I work in, I have seem attitudes of mostly younger people who have never been thru an economic downturn, not really respect the jobs they have. I do not wish for an economic recession, but sometimes it helps people appreciate the work they do and their employers juggling to keep them working. Cause you know survival of the fittest will weed out the employees that need to appreciate their jobs and the companies that are weak - Just like Grandma right??

Im glad to be a Canadian in these Covid times & not a citizen of USA where the chatter of making a buck (& opening for Easter) is seemingly more important than Grandma or having our health care professionals hit with a medical emergency tsunami.

I hope people remember this politician’s idiot perspective when he seeks re-election.
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

That Councillor isn’t so young himself. Maybe he’d better be careful what he wishes for, because it may just bite him in the *bleep*.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

dontrump wrote: I think foreign aliens landed here and started it is my theory

Are there local Aliens?
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

Bsuds wrote:
dontrump wrote: I think foreign aliens landed here and started it is my theory

Are there local Aliens?

what does "foreign" sound like to u ? is that a local sounding word foreign?
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

:200: :topic:
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Don't have grandparents or parents to sacrifice, would bones or ashes work. :D
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

dontrump wrote:
what does "foreign" sound like to u ? is that a local sounding word foreign?

Look up "Alien". Both words mean the same thing.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
jamapple
Übergod

Post by jamapple »

https://www.euronews.com/2020/04/12/is- ... gy-working

Please see the graph updated actually to today, April 12/2020.

Return to “North Okanagan”