Easter plans.

A potpourri of off-topics.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Easter plans.

Post by GordonH »

Queen K wrote:How did Easter become fishing and pellet guns? :-X

What about colour eggs and noticing I worked "poached" into the original post. Eggs, poached, get it?

But since there can be no socializing, and NO packed churches, then what?

Last time I coloured eggs... Nixon was the US president. [icon_lol2.gif]

watergate wasn't even on the radar
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

We'll probably have a couple of grandkids over, damn, do we ever miss them.
We'll be sitting on the backsteps watching them hunt for the Easter eggs, but first, and even before hiding the eggs, I have the job of picking up all the little "chocolate droppings" left behind by Bambi.
I would be in trouble if there was any confusion.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

bb49 wrote:We'll be sitting on the backsteps watching them hunt for the Easter eggs, but first, and even before hiding the eggs, I have the job of picking up all the little "chocolate droppings" left behind by Bambi.

Use a shop vac for that job?
You could get away with vacuuming your lawn if you were wearing a French Maid uniform :biggrin:

Enjoy the weekend :up:
I am not wealthy but I am rich
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

GordonH wrote:Last time I coloured eggs... Nixon was the US president.

Last time I saw the Easter Bunny was in a 1953 edition of Playboy.
Not afraid to say "It".
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

logicalview wrote:

:-X Easter. Family stuff. Logicalview.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

seewood wrote:
bb49 wrote:We'll be sitting on the backsteps watching them hunt for the Easter eggs, but first, and even before hiding the eggs, I have the job of picking up all the little "chocolate droppings" left behind by Bambi.

You could get away with vacuuming your lawn if you were wearing a French Maid uniform :biggrin:

:200: Is everybody drinking?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

logicalview wrote:

Some things haven't changed. Thankfully :up:
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Queen K wrote:
seewood wrote:

:200: Is everybody drinking?

Of course we are. It's the weekend. :130:

#StandUpToJewishHate
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Queen K wrote:How did Easter become fishing and pellet guns? :-X

What about colour eggs and noticing I worked "poached" into the original post. Eggs, poached, get it?

But since there can be no socializing, and NO packed churches, then what?

We haven't coloured eggs in years, haven't done the chocolate thing for at least a year. I will put on a roast, make a sugar free dessert. Kids are still living with us so we don't need to worry about not being able to see them because of self-isolation.

Our church has a Good Friday service and Easter Sunday services planned - online. I'll be streaming those. Nice thing about humans is that we can adapt and overcome challenges. Really feeling grateful for the tech that allows us to do so. After the services are streamed they have a Zoom hangout, so if you really miss the socializing you can see all your buddies.

We've always been pretty low-key for these holidays, this will not be a huge change for us.
I haven't failed until I quit.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Happy Easter Friday!

Got plans? :admin:
Noisy Boater
Übergod

Post by Noisy Boater »

Queen K wrote:Happy Easter Friday!

Got plans? :admin:

Got 4 wheelbarrow loads of pea gravel wheeled into the back yard. Then 3 yards of bark mulch wheeled into back yard. That was 4 trips to Art Knapps. Also 1 drive thru for 2 cheese burgers. Now its happy hr. it was a 2 beer job.
Did You Have A Big Bowl Of Stupid For Breakfast ? I Have 8 Billion Gazillion Likes.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Great work NoisyBoater! Happy Good Friday. :130:
Noisy Boater
Übergod

Post by Noisy Boater »

I took next week off as vacation time so I should stretch out my Easter chores over a week not all in one day!!! Still have to finish the tile job at the daughters. Then she wants the bathroom floor done too!! Guess this is what dads are for. Clean garage next then a few days R n R in the RV.
Did You Have A Big Bowl Of Stupid For Breakfast ? I Have 8 Billion Gazillion Likes.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Yup. She's lucky to have you. :D :D When I brought dad over here to show him my new wreck of an old house, he fired up his chainsaw and cut down some trees that were growing into the garage roof. Nevermind that he was fresh out of KGH.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Packing today for my getaway trip to " Kitchen Island" :/
Hope the weather is good
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second

Return to “Grab Bag”