The Kamloops board.

Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

The Kamloops board.

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Well lookie what we have here!
I've been wondering if there are any Loopies on this board, staying hidden.

Okay, I'll be the first to come out. And I guess that makes me #1. :yahoo:
Are there any others? Or just me? :popcorn:

And don't worry Kelowna, I'm not a Blazer's fan. I tried but it wasn't to be.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Re: The Kamloops board.

Post by Hurtlander »

Kamloops isn’t much smaller than Kelowna, but you can drive from one end of Kamloops to the other in 14 minutes. Kamloops was clearly laid out by someone with a brain, Kelowna not so much. But I’m biased towards the city I was born in...
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Lots of Fruit Loopies on here! :biggrin:
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
bigtimeoperations
Board Meister

Post by bigtimeoperations »

Hurtlander wrote:Kamloops isn’t much smaller than Kelowna, but you can drive from one end of Kamloops to the other in 14 minutes. Kamloops was clearly laid out by someone with a brain, Kelowna not so much. But I’m biased towards the city I was born in...

Amen to that! The fact Kamloops has a freeway bypass and Kelowna does not, is made worse when you realize Kamloops has had one for nearly 50 years! To add more insult to injury, they also have 2 interchanges in town, off the highway. Kelowna can't even reach that high.

Makes sense for Castanet to add the Kamloops/Thompson region to its coverage area, as it is an extension of the Okanagan. Its a pretty awesome city. Some people on here may be bitter about it, but I say :castanet:
Don't Vancouver our Kelowna!
1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

Is Spoolmak Days still a thing?
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

1nick wrote:Is Spoolmak Days still a thing?

Not for the last 40 years or so.
Póg Mo Thoin
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Had the opportunity to work in both towns and they are completely different. Kamloops is way more middle class, blue collar and working class. Kelowna is wealthier with a lot of older, far more conservative people.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

There is an AWESOME way to get to Wells Gray Provincial Park which by passes most of Kamloops.

Turn right at the LaFarge Bridge and take Riverside Road all the way to the YellowHead. There is a PetroCan handy there to gas up before you turn left on your way.

By Passed Kamloops many times via that pretty road. :up:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

^^^
Why would you want to bypass Kamloops? :-X

Btw, it's Shuswap Rd.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Drove through Fruit-Loops to get my last two Golden Retrievers...Pinatin Lake.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

bb49 wrote:^^^

Btw, it's Shuswap Rd.

Why wouldn’t you bypass any town to get where you’re going faster?
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

bb49 wrote:^^^

Btw, it's Shuswap Rd.

My mistake. :D Best birding road ever though no matter when we've been there.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
bigtimeoperations
Board Meister

Post by bigtimeoperations »

Shuswap Road, north of the river, does serve as a bypass, but really its just a scenic route. Its still faster to go the highway, even with the stretch of traffic signals through Valleyview. Never taken that road before, but it apparently goes all the way to Chase. In between, you could cross over at Lafarge Road or at Pritchard. Westsyde Road is another good one, goes all the way to Barriere. Why would they spell it WestSYDE??
Don't Vancouver our Kelowna!
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

Better yet cross the South Thompson at Squilax just south of Chase, follow the road to Adams Lake, turn left and drive to Agate Bay, at Agate Bay you can either turn left to go to Barriere or turn right to go to Vavenby. From Barriere turn right to get to Wells Grey Park, or from Vavenby’s turn left.. And staying on topic, Squilax, Chase, Agate Bay, Barriere, Vavenby, and Wells Grey Park are all within the Kamloops Royal Inland Hospital catchment area.
Póg Mo Thoin
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

bigtimeoperations wrote:Shuswap Road, north of the river, does serve as a bypass, but really its just a scenic route. Its still faster to go the highway, even with the stretch of traffic signals through Valleyview. Never taken that road before, but it apparently goes all the way to Chase. In between, you could cross over at Lafarge Road or at Pritchard. Westsyde Road is another good one, goes all the way to Barriere. Why would they spell it WestSYDE??

Why do they spell it Westsyde?
Because they're a bunch of snobs out there and are afraid they'll be associated with the Northshore. I have friends out there and love to see them get their hackles up when I refer to them living on the Northshore.

And if you follow Westsyde road it will take you to the McLure ferry. A cool little reaction ferry that takes you across the North Thompson. And it's free.
I'll post a picture of it when I'm at my computer.

#StandUpToJewishHate

Return to “Kamloops”