What does 'Womanhood' Mean to you?

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Re: What does 'Womanhood' Mean to you?

Post by whatwhat »

To me, "womanhood" means to identify as a woman, and live your life as such.

Might that be a stay at home mom who wears dresses and make up, or a woman who hunts and fishes, and is in the trades. Or someone who is a combination of both.
hail Satan y'all
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

^^^ yup, whatwhat...and this next generation of younger ladies (which is probably you :) have so many choices out there to be whomever you want to be and they are all your decisions to make..

there's no doubt in my mind that there's a powerful wave of Women coming in the near future..

as Helen Reddy said..'I am Woman hear me roar"..lol
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Re: last 2 posts above.

Both are only addressing the sociological aspects of being a female. Nothing to do with womanhood.
Bring back the LIKE button.
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

alanjh595 wrote:Re: last 2 posts above.

Both are only addressing the sociological aspects of being a female. Nothing to do with womanhood.

The original post asked for people to explain what womanhood means to them. We did. You just had a different answer. That's fine.
hail Satan y'all
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

:topic:
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

"humma, humma - now that's just one fine example of womanhood" :runforlife:
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Womanhood may mean different things to different people, in different cultures. Womanhood, manhood, are similar to adulthood. It distinguishes when one leaves adolescence to become a mature adult, or more specifically, a mature woman, or mature man. Legally this happens at 18 or 19 in our culture, but some may subjectively consider other traits than just age.

This humma humma?
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Terris
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Terris »

Sounds like a part of town that men best keep away from...
cb0208

Post by cb0208 »

normaM wrote:I never use the word.. to me it is archaic, think it is still used in bodice ripper novels tho
What is paper on btw?

The paper I am writing literally is about 'Womanhood'. The 'gender, women studies' I am taking in College asked us to do a final assignment. I chose the topic 'womanhood'

but all genders have an idea of what womanhood means to them, and I happen to be taking sociology as well and I wanted to hear from all walks of life all genders what that word means to them. Hope that answered your question. my story will be published on my site after my professor grades it. Names are kept to first names only and all names some are anonymous. I have heard from many men and women men and other genders and I found in my study so far that 'women' have struggled with the answer, and surprisingly enough the men seemed to find the words to express womanhood better, I guess just as women describe manhood clearly lol that is for my next study..... but next term *smiles*

I am working on my story and will be pulling from this as well thanks the social community of Castanet.... such great responses and I am so pleased with hearing from many... hope to hear from more! Stay healthy everyone
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Good luck on your paper. I am interested in reading the final result.
cb0208

Post by cb0208 »

I'll give you the link to my website when its done but this is where I will be posting the story when I am finished and its graded *smiles*
https://okanaganvalleyview.com/2019/09/ ... o-my-blog/
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

cb0208 wrote:I'll give you the link to my website when its done but this is where I will be posting the story when I am finished and its graded *smiles*
https://okanaganvalleyview.com/2019/09/ ... o-my-blog/

Thank you for that link, I will be watching. Will you come back here on these forums to announce the result date? Please.
cb0208

Post by cb0208 »

Yes I will let you know once its graded and posted. It will take awhile since my class went online but it will be posted.

I am hoping to get more input from the community but seeing I'm a little isolated and housebound and practicing social distancing this is challenging. I'll be watching this board!
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

I hope you get an A+ for using a creative source of information. :130:
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Dear cb0208.

I know that you are probably feverishly working away on your final draft for tomorrow's due date, but I have given further consideration to your original question, and would just like to add.

Based upon my observations of the replies on this forum,

The 2 best, most articulate answers actually came from men. If this was an experiment on your behalf, I see that some men have a better understanding of "womanhood" than even the female respondents have. The females have based every reply with either the ability to carry and nurture a child.
Men, on the other hand, have given more succinct and relevant answers based upon their knowledge, gained through their observations and experiences.

Conclusion:
Womanhood is a very complex, multifaceted progression that takes years to complete. And even at that, it doesn't ever end until death.
Every girl and woman change from one stage to the next, sometimes slowly, sometimes quickly.
example:
~~body can make significant changes over a summer season, but the mind doesn't.
or
~~the mind/brain will mature before the body.
This is why men have such difficulty understanding women.

The old adage is,
Men marry women, hoping they will never change. Women marry men, hoping they will change.
Both get disappointed 50% of the time. (Divorce rate).

Return to “Social Concerns”