Shoppers Touching/Not Buying

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
damama55
Übergod

Shoppers Touching/Not Buying

Post by damama55 »

Sooooo frustrating today.
I was in Shoppers today and I saw a guy, with bare hands, touching bags of buns, then bread, and then not buying any of them.
I see it in the grocery stores, too. You know what I mean? People touching potatoes, apples, etc. trying to find the just right one.
People, please, at least wear gloves. We are all in this together and if we all do our part, we will get through this.
Good health to all and thank you to everyone trying to get this virus under control.
Take care, stay safe and hopefully, healthy.
May we all be a blessing in the days ahead.
Sige
Übergod

Re: Shoppers Touching/Not Buying

Post by Sige »

Interestingly enough when we were visiting Italy last year, we found it is considered the worst of the worst manners to touch produce with your bare hands. Not that I disagree with you, and no offense to Italy, it was just an observation. We could do well to NOT touch all of the things here for sure.

Stay safe everyone xo
Non illegitimi carborundum est.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Touching with gloves is just as bad as touching with bare hands. Gloves only protect the wearer and can transmit germs/viruses to others via the product just as easily as bare hands. When you get home with your groceries, give them a wipe with a cloth saturated in hand sanitizer or bleach or alcohol.
Chill
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

I didn't mention that that is exactly what I do. AND, if you don't have wipes or sanitizer, wash your hands, with the gloves on, with warm water and soap, remove and hang to dry.
Good health wishes to all.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Shoppers have doing that ever since the very first market opened "X" thousands of years ago, now all of sudden that shopping habit needs to stop cold turkey.

btw was the items in a plastic bag or just lose on some type of tray. Just curious
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

In a bag, but the point is, he picked up 3-4 and didn't buy any of them.
I agree, the gloves protect us, and we still need to take the extra precautions.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

damama55 wrote:In a bag, but the point is, he picked up 3-4 and didn't buy any of them.
I agree, the gloves protect us, and we still need to take the extra precautions.

My suggestion is don't eat the bag... just the contents. :D
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

What about bulk food? Touching the scoop and then replacing it for the next person to hold it doesn't make sense at this time.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Fancy wrote:What about bulk food? Touching the scoop and then replacing it for the next person to hold it doesn't make sense at this time.

After observing customers few years ago in the bulk section of the store, I wouldn't buy any of products after that.
Similar to someone sneezing uncovered at salad bar.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

GordonH wrote:After observing customers few years ago in the bulk section of the store, I wouldn't buy any of products after that.
Similar to someone sneezing uncovered at salad bar.

You buy salad at a bar?????

Wings, fries, or burgers, I can see.....but salad......???

Does one order Chardonnay with that?
Bring back the LIKE button.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Fancy wrote:What about bulk food? Touching the scoop and then replacing it for the next person to hold it doesn't make sense at this time.

Stores aren't selling bulk items ... both Superstore and Walmart have closed down that section completely. Haven't been to Save-On-Foods but pretty sure they are doing the same.

Bulk Barn has a new procedure in place ... a store associate acts as your personal shopper and scoops any product you want into the appropriate container. No customers are allowed to scoop product on their own.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

Stores aren't selling bulk items ... both Superstore and Walmart have closed down that section completely. Haven't been to Save-On-Foods but pretty sure they are doing the same.
oneh2obabe wrote:Bulk Barn has a new procedure in place ... a store associate acts as your personal shopper and scoops any product you want into the appropriate container. No customers are allowed to scoop product on their own.

I won't shop from any bulk style bins. Who knows how old the stuff is in it? Who knows how many grubby hands have been in it?
Even with scoop, how many hands have used it? When was it last cleaned....if ever?
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

gardengirl wrote:I won't shop from any bulk style bins.

Been shopping at Bulk Barn since they opened their first store in 1982 ... never been ill from any items purchased from them.
gardengirl wrote:Who knows how old the stuff is in it? Who knows how many grubby hands have been in it?

All you have to do is ask a store associate - they are more than willing to tell you when/where the product was manufactured, when it was delivered to the store and placed in the bin.
gardengirl wrote:Even with scoop, how many hands have used it? When was it last cleaned....if ever?

If someone is touching the handle of the scoop, don't see a problem. If you're worried about it, nothing stopping you from using one of the plastic bags to cover your hands or bring a pair of gloves with you. If you've been in one of their stores you'll see a store associate cleaning the tops of the bins and scoops on a regular basis.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

some people just use their hands - not the scoop.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

Save on Foods also has their bulk section all wrapped and not accessible, at least here in Lake Country.
One thing I noticed the other day, at Dollarama by Superstore, was the abuse the young lady had to endure at the door. She was doing crowd control and she had a couple of people cursing at her!! She pointed to the sign and told the morons that it was the law. Still one guy snuck in, and she had to tell him to get out.
People, we are all going through this together, and being rude and obnoxious is not called for. If I were the manager I would bar ANYONE that treated my staff badly.
Thank you to ALL who are doing their BEST and keeping their cool. We do appreciate all of you.
Take care stay safe and healthy.

Return to “Health”