Construction West of The Rise

NachoManRandySalad

Construction West of The Rise

Post by NachoManRandySalad »

Each morning on my commute to work along Bench Row, I look across the lake and see what looks like another phase of The Rise development perhaps? Does anybody happen to know what is going up there? Looks as if the access takes off of Okanagan Hills Blvd after the first switch.

What else could it be? Winery? They're shaving the top of the hill quite aggressively.

Nacho
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Construction West of The Rise

Post by Fancy »

Winery going in owned by Markus Frind I believe.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Ingevan22
Fledgling

Post by Ingevan22 »

Vineyards for Frind winery, on the old Chapman Ranchlands.

You can also find Frind's "Earth Moving Army" on several properties along Bella Vista Road - looks very different there now. But of course, vineyards are still "better than condos"!

When asked about this apparent destruction of a sensitive hillside (or what we've always been told, is a sensitive hillside - see http://okcp.ca/index.php/resources/land-use-planning/613-sensitive-ecosystems-inventory-bella-vista-goose-lake-range-vol-1-2002), the Mayor of Vernon stated that this indicates the strength of BC's Right to Farm legislation - a new environmental plan was developed by the property owner's consultant and accepted by the City.

The City of Vernon also confirmed that bylaws were significantly revised to ensure that from now on, Agricultural users are required to address environmental considerations. So our City is now better equipped to prevent filling in of swamps, creeks, etc. on agricultural properties within the City.
(._.) ( |:) (.-.) (:| ) (._.)

Putt's Law: "Technology is dominated by two types of people, those who understand what they do not manage and those who manage what they do not understand."
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

NachoManRandySalad wrote:Each morning on my commute to work along Bench Row, I look across the lake and see what looks like another phase of The Rise development perhaps? Does anybody happen to know what is going up there? Looks as if the access takes off of Okanagan Hills Blvd after the first switch.

What else could it be? Winery? They're shaving the top of the hill quite aggressively.

Nacho

looked it up last summer super rich dude out of the coast has a huge winery system in the ok valley and is building a 600 acre winery and I believe there will house ;lots for sale also eventually
the amount of time spent there so far and high dollar equipment they have had there its huge $$$ operation for sure

the guy who owns it is Frind he started the internet dating site called kettle of fish and sold it for almost $600 million
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

what iam trying to figure out is why there are huge rock trucks,D8 Cats and excavators right on bella vista road digging hundreds of thousands sq feet of top soils and piling it sky high on four large property's?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

More vineyards going in. Common knowledge. Frind again.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

Fancy wrote:More vineyards going in. Common knowledge. Frind again.

not common knowledge at all and Frind has nothing to do with the top soil digging and piling on bella vista road
there is an Castanet article that suggests it could be a Gretsky investment for a winery but the whole deal looks very helter skelty right now
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I may be thinking of a different spot but Frind is indeed working on two different areas on Bella Vista Road.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

The process; strip topsoil, grade for optimum water retention whilst still
allowing proper drainage.
Layer property with aged, screened cattle manure. replace the topsoil.

Start planting your mega-vineyard.

To the best of my understanding. Might not be bang on, but reasonably close.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

Fancy wrote:I may be thinking of a different spot but Frind is indeed working on two different areas on Bella Vista Road.

Nope Frind has the huge 800 acre area right as you drive up to the rise on the left ;;there is a large gate with a development trailer etc there and a large sign
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

dontrump wrote:Nope Frind has the huge 800 acre area right as you drive up to the rise on the left ;;there is a large gate with a development trailer etc there and a large sign

I know of that development and have seen the work being done. You're likely thinking of Okanagan Hills Blvd. That's not what I was talking about.
CanuckFan
Fledgling

Post by CanuckFan »

I believe Frind only has the high property, the one that goes over to the Rise.

Originally, I heard that the part below BV Road was to be an orchard - probably cherries. Now, there is some talk of it being part of Gretzky holdings, but I think that might just be spec.

From the Castanet article the other day "The City of Vernon didn't have much to say on the huge project, but did confirm the earth work being done in the 6500 block is for an orchard, with the potential of a future vineyard.”
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I'm aware of what the folks on Bella Vista Road are saying.
NachoManRandySalad

Post by NachoManRandySalad »

I managed to touch base with a gentleman in the engineering dept. at the COV. He could not tell me what it was, but he did confirm that the development below BV is not associated with Frind.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

NachoManRandySalad wrote:I managed to touch base with a gentleman in the engineering dept. at the COV. He could not tell me what it was, but he did confirm that the development below BV is not associated with Frind.

yes we know that because I already researched that and posted such informations here a couple days back

Return to “North Okanagan”