Tax Dollars Wasted

Mastercraft69
Fledgling

Tax Dollars Wasted

Post by Mastercraft69 »

So I heard during all the revenue lost and municipalities on the brink of bankruptcy the City of Vernon is still spending thousands upon thousands of dollars taking the fire fighter that was dismissed to the Supreme court as they lost at the arbitration and had to reinstate him, they lost a labour board hearing asking that the employee remains terminated. While I don't condone the actions of the employee, there is obviously more to the case than the public is hearing as the city lost twice and is spending thousands more trying to prove themselves right??? I honestly think our money could be better spent else where in this time of need and the ever growing homeless situation.
DetectivePikachu
Board Meister

Re: Tax Dollars Wasted

Post by DetectivePikachu »

Mastercraft69 wrote:So I heard during all the revenue lost and municipalities on the brink of bankruptcy the City of Vernon is still spending thousands upon thousands of dollars taking the fire fighter that was dismissed to the Supreme court as they lost at the arbitration and had to reinstate him, they lost a labour board hearing asking that the employee remains terminated. While I don't condone the actions of the employee, there is obviously more to the case than the public is hearing as the city lost twice and is spending thousands more trying to prove themselves right??? I honestly think our money could be better spent else where in this time of need and the ever growing homeless situation.

How is this tiny amount of cash going to help a problem billions of dollars can’t?
common_sense_guy
Übergod

Post by common_sense_guy »

DetectivePikachu wrote:
Mastercraft69 wrote:So I heard during all the revenue lost and municipalities on the brink of bankruptcy the City of Vernon is still spending thousands upon thousands of dollars taking the fire fighter that was dismissed to the Supreme court as they lost at the arbitration and had to reinstate him, they lost a labour board hearing asking that the employee remains terminated. While I don't condone the actions of the employee, there is obviously more to the case than the public is hearing as the city lost twice and is spending thousands more trying to prove themselves right??? I honestly think our money could be better spent else where in this time of need and the ever growing homeless situation.

How is this tiny amount of cash going to help a problem billions of dollars can’t?

So you're okay with a total waste of money it sounds like. Are you sure you don't already work on the council. Now add up that total waste of money and multiply it thousands of times that they totally waste money and that is more than a drop in the bucket at that point and when I say thousands of times every municipality does a few things stupid to waste money and it just adds up to the burden. I don't understand why you're telling the poster his concern is basically useless. I would beg to differ and say your responses useless
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.
DetectivePikachu
Board Meister

Post by DetectivePikachu »

Give me a break.

We are talking about the fire fighter who had sex in the chiefs office and embarrassed the department and the town.

If your going to come at me with that ridiculous straw man, it’s time for you to change your name.
We should use the courts to fight the unjust decision regarding it being ok to have sex on the job while working for the city.

Sorry if I thought it’s crazy for the op to think the money fighting this one case can solve homelessness.

*bleep*
outtawind
Fledgling

Post by outtawind »

What I love is... imagine actually being this guy... with such low self-respect and self-worth, that he hides in a union to save his job at the very place where he did this ridiculous act.

Now that is a real zinger. Really... just imagine driving yourself into that parking lot - walking in the front door every day, knowing that you are a total waste, a joke. Clock those hours, go for that pension, stick-it to the tax payer. This guy is the biggest joke in town and he knows it.

This guys coworkers, friends, drinking buddies, neighbors... must all just shake their head. What a waste in our community.
Mastercraft69
Fledgling

Post by Mastercraft69 »

DetectivePikachu wrote:Give me a break.

We are talking about the fire fighter who had sex in the chiefs office and embarrassed the department and the town.

If your going to come at me with that ridiculous straw man, it’s time for you to change your name.
We should use the courts to fight the unjust decision regarding it being ok to have sex on the job while working for the city.

Sorry if I thought it’s crazy for the op to think the money fighting this one case can solve homelessness.

*bleep*

My comments never said it would fix the homeless situation but do better good at losing for the third time on the taxpayers dime. I've even learnt the city is on the hook for the unions legal bills as well if they lose again.

*bleep*
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

outtawind wrote:What I love is... imagine actually being this guy... with such low self-respect and self-worth, that he hides in a union to save his job at the very place where he did this ridiculous act.

Now that is a real zinger. Really... just imagine driving yourself into that parking lot - walking in the front door every day, knowing that you are a total waste, a joke. Clock those hours, go for that pension, stick-it to the tax payer. This guy is the biggest joke in town and he knows it.

This guys coworkers, friends, drinking buddies, neighbors... must all just shake their head. What a waste in our community.

He might have no respect from the rest of the community. But he doesn't believe that he's a total waste. But he's got that pension and when he starts collecting it he can move to somewhere where nobody knows him and watch the cheque roll in every month. Biggest joke? Not him. It's the scam he's playing on the taxpayer. He must know that it aggravates the hell out of some of us.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

my opinion is he should have been suspended without pay for 30 days and returned to work;; the money and time and effort each side has wasted over one guy banging some female is gone beyond ridiculous
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

What became of her ?
Black Dogs Matter
Chyren
Board Meister

Post by Chyren »

The OP is using current events to justify an argument that happened a long time ago. The case was forwarded way before coronavirus and is completely not related.
CanuckFan
Fledgling

Post by CanuckFan »

I believe the bimbo quit and went to work elsewhere.

The guy is a loser, and I don't know how he can show his face. He should quit and move away.

The city might be wasting its money, but I think they are in the right. It really pisses me off that unions protect people who DESERVE to be fired. They should save their reputation for fighting for right, not just to prove they have power.
Mastercraft69
Fledgling

Post by Mastercraft69 »

CanuckFan wrote:I believe the bimbo quit and went to work elsewhere.

The guy is a loser, and I don't know how he can show his face. He should quit and move away.

The city might be wasting its money, but I think they are in the right. It really pisses me off that unions protect people who DESERVE to be fired. They should save their reputation for fighting for right, not just to prove they have power.

The city has lost everytime so how do you think they are right? Ahh yes you weren't at any of the hearings so obviously don't know the entire story....

Return to “North Okanagan”