Drive in max 50 cars

dakoda62
Fledgling

Drive in max 50 cars

Post by dakoda62 »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/30 ... s-Dr-Henry

So now cars and trucks can get the virus. Lol the lunacy continues.
spooker

Re: Drive in max 50 cars

Post by spooker »

Are you going to make sure that no one gets out of their cars during the movie?

A large Coke has me sometimes using the washroom before the end of the movie ... and the Starlight typically has a double-feature ... as stated in the guidance, they want to limit the number of connections, i.e. contact tracing
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Thing is can they survive with only 50 vehicles per/night. It would be a shame to lose this place.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

A good thing comes down the pipe and people still see the need to criticize. And it's usually someone who hasn't thought things through.

People don't sit in their cars through the entire performance as has been pointed out . washrooms are required, refreshements. cigarettes.

Christ alimighty. Why are there so many people who just...…….don't......get it.

The ones who are trying their best to do what is asked of them will be responsible for keeping those who seem bent on being awarded a Darwin, alive.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
ksnosheeple
Fledgling

Post by ksnosheeple »

mexi cali wrote:A good thing comes down the pipe and people still see the need to criticize. And it's usually someone who hasn't thought things through.

People don't sit in their cars through the entire performance as has been pointed out . washrooms are required, refreshements. cigarettes.

Christ alimighty. Why are there so many people who just...…….don't......get it.

The ones who are trying their best to do what is asked of them will be responsible for keeping those who seem bent on being awarded a Darwin, alive.

Someone's inner Karen is showing. Complaining about others complaining about the glass being only half-filled? Maybe there's concern a local business stays afloat. Do you know if they pay for the movie rent by the showing or by the number of tickets? Maybe people drive a half hour to get there and don't want to waste a trip because of the restriction. Maybe people are tired of the one rule fits all attitude of officals. There's three groups of people in this pandemic- the invincible (Darwin award recipients), the sheeple (blindly follow rules) and the thinkers (decide from knowledge whats appropiate). I'll stick to the latter group.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

I like Bonnie, I think she's been a very positive and collective voice for BC, but this one makes no sense. I can understand that if the drive-in's were given an exemption, then others will want an exemption, but drive-in's in BC have already been operating this spring without these new restrictions, and when everything else is opening up I don't see the logic in further restricting the drive-in, especially with restaurants opening up but the drive-in can not offer concessions. Oh well, hopefully the restrictions will be eased off come July.

Best of luck to everyone at the Starlight, the valley is truly blessed to have such an awesome venue with fantastic owners and staff and am looking forward to seeing them this summer sometime :130:
Last edited by OKkayak on May 26th, 2020, 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dakoda62
Fledgling

Post by dakoda62 »

How many people go to Walmart daily, Canadian tire daily. grocery stores, this lunacy is out of control. People will not be roaming around coughing and spitting on you. Get a grip, it's a bad case of the flu. They have shut down a trillion dollar economy, this was an experiment to see how far they could push the envelope. Canadians for the most part have fallen for it hook , line and sinker. Turn off your t.v. and get back to living your life!!!!!!!!!
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

dakoda62 wrote:https://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/300924/50-vehicle-limit-applies-to-drive-in-theatres-Dr-Henry

So now cars and trucks can get the virus. Lol the lunacy continues.

Not sure where you get that idea when it is very clear what she was talking about:

“To be able to monitor and ensure that you don’t have those multiple numbers of connections, becomes much more challenging.”
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

dakoda62 wrote: Get a grip, it's a bad case of the flu.

Another case of refusing to acknowledge what COVID-19 is all about.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

OKkayak wrote:I like Bonnie, I think she's been a very positive and collective voice for her, but this one makes no sense.

I get the reason why because of human nature and when nature calls maybe? People will get out and mill around if they have gone in multiple vehicles. Hopefully people behave so that restrictions can be loosened further.
dakoda62
Fledgling

Post by dakoda62 »

Fancy wrote:
dakoda62 wrote: Get a grip, it's a bad case of the flu.

Another case of refusing to acknowledge what COVID-19 is all about.

So give us your opinion, whats it all about?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

dakoda62 wrote: So give us your opinion, whats it all about?

I have on multiple threads but the facts speak for themselves. Read the science. This thread is about the drive-in. I've never been but I know many who have and I hope it remains open and sustainable.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

There's three groups of people in this pandemic- the invincible (Darwin award recipients), the sheeple (blindly follow rules) and the thinkers (decide from knowledge whats appropiate). I'll stick to the latter group.

Hmmm. That's not where I had you slotted. Let me tak another look.

Nope, I was right.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Maybe people are tired of the one rule fits all attitude of officals

I found this interesting Ken. Question; what would you, an obvious boffo free thinker, suggest officials, whomever they may be, do? Should they send out a questionnaire asking people for feedback on how they think the rules should be introduced?

Health Canada freedom of choice poll; (not exactly a poll but you get the picture)

This poll is intended for any Canadian citizen over the age of 18 to let us know how Health Canada should be handling the COVID-19 outbreak so as not to offend or pisss off any eligible voters.
Please check all that apply:

1) Don't change anything. You're doing a good job.
2) Don't tell me what to do, I can decide for myself.
3) Don't tell me what to do, I can decide for myself but you have to be there to take care of me when I contract COVID.
4) Don't interfere with my right to assemble in groups of whatever numbers I decide for whatever reason I choose but you have to be there for me when I contract COVID.
5) Don't allow businesses to demand that I wear a mask when I am shopping or dining out but you have to be there for me when I contract COVID.
6) The government has no right to tell anyone how often to wash their hands. I will wash my hands when I choose to. They're my hands.
7) As a free thinking Canadian, I demand the right to look out for me and only me regardless of the harm I may inflict on others. Any and all propsed safeguards coming from agencies or the Health industry are an attack on my rights as a free thinking Canadian and I resent being told what to do.
8) This is all just a big conspiracy concoted by the WHOrlds leaders in an effort to make us all mindless dullards who will forever more toe whatever line we are asked to toe without question.
9) ANY direction given by Health Canada that I suspect of infringing on my rights as a free thinking Canadian are not to be tolerated but you have to be there for me when I contract COVID.
10) Any individual(s) who heed directions given by Health Canada are to be viewed with scorn as mindless idiots who are incapable of taking care of themselves and have willingly drunk the Koolaid. These people should not be trusted nor regarded as anything other than sheeple. The world at large will, at the conclusion of this inconvenience be led into the light by whatever is left of the free thinking Canadians who, in a demonstration of strength and awe inspiring intellect, marched to the beat of their own drummer and defied the odds...………………………….and lost. RIP free thinkers (and hilbillys).
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

dakoda62 wrote:How many people go to Walmart daily, Canadian tire daily. grocery stores, this lunacy is out of control. People will not be roaming around coughing and spitting on you. Get a grip, it's a bad case of the flu. They have shut down a trillion dollar economy, this was an experiment to see how far they could push the envelope. Canadians for the most part have fallen for it hook , line and sinker. Turn off your t.v. and get back to living your life!!!!!!!!!

I'm constantly amazed that people can't seem to understand the difference between an activity that's required (grocery shopping, medications, emergency home/automotive repairs, etc.) vs something that exists for entertainment.

Guess what? It makes a lot of sense to have different rules for "I need to go there to buy groceries so we don't starve" vs "I want to go there for entertainment".

People who can't see this literally scare me. I expect this from teenagers comparing grad ceremonies to costco lineups - but I also expect more out of grown adults. No wonder the world is falling apart around us.

Return to “North Okanagan”