Meng and 'alleged' spying

Not PC

Meng and 'alleged' spying

Post by Not PC »

Seriously. How can your 'constitutional rights' be violated if you're not a citizen of Canada? You have none.

China doesn't seem to have a problem violating human rights. But, then again, it is their country, and their laws. As it should be here, as well. Don't like it? Stay in your own country.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/25 ... t-searched
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Re: Meng and 'alleged' spying

Post by Catsumi »

Being one of the "entitled elite" Meng expects to travel globally for whatever reason until lightning strikes. Then she expects (and probably gets) the legal protection of any "free" country she lands in.

This whole mess, costly in the millions to Canadians, could and should have been avoided.

Enjoy your luxurious stay-cation in Vancouver, Meng. Rest easy. Our government will be sure to protect your "rights" even though you are not a citizen.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Country plough boy
Übergod

Post by Country plough boy »

Can we not just let this woman escape already. What a nightmare.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Escape impossible and improbable. Photo everywhere.

I really think that there is more to be gained, now, by the Chinese, having her "imprisoned" in a five star accommodation by our foolish government than in releasing her or abetting her escape.

Think of her as a stun gun. A wrench in the works. A sacrificial pawn.

Who is benefitting most here in the game of "gotcha by the short hairs"? And just who is suffering the most?

And who is watching, from sidelines, rubbing forepaws together?
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

I imagine someone of her status has some big connections in BC that could make an escape happen so long she hit the Pacific. Pics everywhere don't mean anything, not like she's going through a border legally.
Best case scenario she escapes and gets picked up in a country other than US- let them deal with this BS
I'd ensure her ankle bracelet had a Dollar Store battery in it and put Mr.Magoo on the case.
Country plough boy
Übergod

Post by Country plough boy »

This woman is worth something like a BILLION dollars. She will forever be a problem. We need to let her escape. If we do not have the brains to do that. Let us give her either to USA or China. Either way. Get her out of Canada
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Catsumi wrote:
I really think that there is more to be gained, now, by the Chinese, having her "imprisoned" in a five star accommodation by our foolish government than in releasing her or abetting her escape.

I'd possibly agree with this if the other player were any country other than the US , our biggest trading partner since the beginning and only a hop skip and a jump to the south.
If there isn't an escape and we are forced to choose she'll likely end up in the US, they'd still have leverage, they own a good chunk of their debt over a trillion.
Not PC

Post by Not PC »

It's time to hand her over to the US, and wash our hands of it.

Break the law, Meng, suffer the same penalties as everyone else.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/30 ... ase#301067 big day for meng the devil today. does canada bend over and let here walk free today
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

I believe her lawyers are going to try and explain a " criminality" defense. Is the charge of dealing with Iran a criminal offence in Canada? If so, likely handed over to the US, if it is not a crime in Canada, likely she walks.
Saw a talking head on the news this am where he postulated if she does go to the States, the Chinese might be pretty worried she could turn states evidence and expose any spying Huawei is in fact doing with their 5 g network.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Looks like the Chinese already know that she's going to be released. I wonder how...either through hacking the computers or having a background deal with the Liberals in exchange for support for the horribly stupid UN security seat. It's all related of course. I can't wait to read the results, which we already know are going to be that she is released. Such a bogus joke.
Attachments
Chinese court case tweet.jpg
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
featfan
Guru

Post by featfan »

ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

ferri wrote:Meng loses court challenge

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/301112 ... on-hearing

Wow - so the Chinese propaganda team was wrong on this one, that's hard to believe! So long UN security seat! :up:
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Not a surprise. Unfortunately, the leaders of China don't understand the concept of an independent judiciary. Time to extricate ourselves from reliance on China for anything.

Return to “Canada”