Backlash about OD Site

nicholas p
Fledgling

Backlash about OD Site

Post by nicholas p »

Is their any one in city council who have more expertise in treating Overdose than the Interior Health medical professionals ?
Ingevan22
Fledgling

Re: Backlash about OD Site

Post by Ingevan22 »

... clearly those councillors who voted to send the letter!
(._.) ( |:) (.-.) (:| ) (._.)

Putt's Law: "Technology is dominated by two types of people, those who understand what they do not manage and those who manage what they do not understand."
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Ingevan22 wrote:... clearly those councillors who voted to send the letter!

As do BigOil executives who have more knowledge of climate change than egg-head scientists.
outtawind
Fledgling

Post by outtawind »

Why do we bother with overdose prevention sites. All cost, no beneift. We are saving the customers of the drug dealers - to assure they have more customers for drugs. Where does the $ for the drugs come from? - your car when you park downtown. Our local small businesses, our street meters, our garages.

Our over-burdened RCMP then have to do their best to mop this garbage up. Mind-you, at least then we keep our law enforcement busy and employed by constantly making the drug and crime situation in town worse by the day. Thanks IH! :up:

See that image in Kelowna of the tactical officer taking two dealers down. We've pandered to this for so long and made the problem so bad that we now need tactical officers...

https://www.vernonmorningstar.com/news/ ... n-kelowna/
DetectivePikachu
Board Meister

Post by DetectivePikachu »

nicholas p wrote:Is their any one in city council who have more expertise in treating Overdose than the Interior Health medical professionals ?

Is how this drug den effects the 50,000 people in this area not a factor?
Is the council not allowed to advocate for the city it was elected to serve?
nicholas p
Fledgling

Post by nicholas p »

The people who elected them include parents of the addicts,people who live near hospital & whole city not only business & people who live in down town.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I will say it again.
When one plays with fire, sooner or later they will get burnt.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
nicholas p
Fledgling

Post by nicholas p »

GordonH wrote:I will say it again.

Fire doesn't burn every one it only burns people who are not prepared for the consequences. People don't oppose when weed shops mushroomed in every corner & same city council approved the permit as they get revenue but when it comes to OD site they start screaming.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

nicholas p wrote:Fire doesn't burn every one it only burns people who are not prepared for the consequences. People don't oppose when weed shops mushroomed in every corner & same city council approved the permit as they get revenue but when it comes to OD site they start screaming.

People have a choice, either continue with their addiction or seek help to get clean. The latter is and will be a life long battle.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
nicholas p
Fledgling

Post by nicholas p »

GordonH wrote:

nicholas p wrote:Fire doesn't burn every one it only burns people who are not prepared for the consequences. People don't oppose when weed shops mushroomed in every corner & same city council approved the permit as they get revenue but when it comes to OD site they start screaming.

People have a choice, either continue with their addiction or seek help to get clean. The latter is and will be a life long battle.

By the time you find help to get into deaddiction centre you will be compelled back into the habit of addiction as government gets more tax money from sellers of drugs than helping to getting deaddicted

Return to “North Okanagan”