Some Lives Don't Matter

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Some Lives Don't Matter

Post by occasional thoughts »

Ifeel I have to correct you ever so slightly. My late MIL had a very high net worth, but was cash poor.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

oldtrucker wrote: Some lives that don't matter ...People that can't afford to hire a lawyer. That would be people on soc assistance, disability, homeless, drug addicts ,seniors on old age pension(most)...basically anyone that has no money.

Sadly most people cannot afford a lawyer (and if you work at Tim Horton's, you don't qualify for legal aid)
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

oldtrucker wrote: I wonder how much effort would go into the issue if it was a legal aid lawyer- probably not much.

From what I've often witnessed you are absolutely right, and I don't think it is so much a result of not caring at all but a result of more than a decade of gutted Court services and near impossible case loads. A person might visit a Court on an initial appearance day to see the chaos of defense lawyers running between clients in the foyer (who, if lucky, get 15 minutes to talk to their legal representation) and being called into the courtroom. To hire your own lawyer to represent you through all your proceedings will cost thousands. Doing some research and representing yourself is not as bad an idea as it once was, and for people who simply cannot afford a lawyer, it can beat legal aid ("plead guilty and I'll try and get you a good deal")
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by occasional thoughts »

I suddenly realize that we've veered onto something that's important to me. Do lives matter? The advent of a baby to a woman or couple who was apparently infertile and couldn't conceive produces the most important other life in her/their lives. But overall, there are too many of us. A new life is pretty damn special on a tiny place like Pitcairn Island and/or Tristan da Cunha, e.g., but maybe not in Bangladesh or similar. A new life may not even be special to the parents thereof.

What we have to be pushing for, demanding, is that all lives matter before the law. The government, society's mechanisms, have to value all lives equally and hopefully to our highest values. And that's where a lot of conflict arises, in society and on these forums. Society must value the criminal's life in investigating, arresting and bringing him/her to justice often higher than the criminal valued someone's life he/she took.
Terris
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Terris »

occasional thoughts wrote:I suddenly realize that we've veered onto something that's important to me. Do lives matter? The advent of a baby to a woman or couple who was apparently infertile and couldn't conceive produces the most important other life in her/their lives. But overall, there are too many of us. A new life is pretty damn special on a tiny place like Pitcairn Island and/or Tristan da Cunha, e.g., but maybe not in Bangladesh or similar. A new life may not even be special to the parents thereof.

What we have to be pushing for, demanding, is that all lives matter before the law. The government, society's mechanisms, have to value all lives equally and hopefully to our highest values. And that's where a lot of conflict arises, in society and on these forums. Society must value the criminal's life in investigating, arresting and bringing him/her to justice often higher than the criminal valued someone's life he/she took.

Oh don't fret...

We've got all the top notch people sorting us out...

https://www.facebook.com/MadMaxBernier/ ... n__=EEHH-R
crankster
Banned

Post by crankster »

https://www.castanet.net/news/World/302 ... our-killed
Do these lives matter? Think these guys care about racism?? How come there is no world outcry and rioting and looting??
People Powered Government-say yes to an overthrow near you!
crankster
Banned

Post by crankster »

Terris wrote:
occasional thoughts wrote:I suddenly realize that we've veered onto something that's important to me. Do lives matter? The advent of a baby to a woman or couple who was apparently infertile and couldn't conceive produces the most important other life in her/their lives. But overall, there are too many of us. A new life is pretty damn special on a tiny place like Pitcairn Island and/or Tristan da Cunha, e.g., but maybe not in Bangladesh or similar. A new life may not even be special to the parents thereof.

Oh don't fret...

We've got all the top notch people sorting us out...

https://www.facebook.com/MadMaxBernier/ ... n__=EEHH-R

Wrong, society judges on the value or profit a person will bring depending on the judgement. If you are a useless piece, they off you with a virus.
crankster
Banned

Post by crankster »

https://www.castanet.net/news/World/302 ... yd-s-death

So looting burning pillaging etc etc in the name of racism is ok? Being a criminal for a cause is alright, its condoned now. Figures, Trudeau did it with the FN and let em attack Canada with no consequence. Cops have pretty much been made ineffective by government and media. RCMP and city forces are now disrespected and treated like crap more than ever.
crankster
Banned

Post by crankster »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/3 ... volunteers

People who do dump in the back woods lives don't matter. They are a disgusting type human. Lower than a thief. Why do some insist on being pigs?? Insist on being half wit humans?? Did their parents teach them that way?? They should be ashamed!
I have a low opinion of people and this is why. Most aren't worth the time to say hey. So many act like they are gods chosen. Can do no wrong and will dump their garbage anywhere they choose. The same breed will chuck butts, MC Ralph wrappers out windows and coffee cups in ditches. Disgusting human beings. The kind that DO need a good *bleep* kicking by their peers.
Bravo to all those who gave their time and energy and resources to clean the mess. Kudos to you! May your lives be richer for it.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

People who pay for things in cash don't matter, especially when they insist on paying the exact change. Holding up the line while they're going through their gigantic purse for a nickel and dimes. Everybody is rolling their eyes behind you and secretly hates you. Normal people just tap their credit cards and get on their way.
crankster
Banned

Post by crankster »

Even Steven wrote:People who pay for things in cash don't matter, especially when they insist on paying the exact change. Holding up the line while they're going through their gigantic purse for a nickel and dimes. Everybody is rolling their eyes behind you and secretly hates you. Normal people just tap their credit cards and get on their way.

Normal people wait patiently for others. Normal people understand that cash is cash and legal tender no matter if it slows you up for a second or two while the transaction is done. Back off! Let people live as they are. You have to change everyone to suit yourself just because you can't wait for two extra minutes in your busy little life??
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Even Steven wrote:People who pay for things in cash don't matter, especially when they insist on paying the exact change. Holding up the line while they're going through their gigantic purse for a nickel and dimes. Everybody is rolling their eyes behind you and secretly hates you. Normal people just tap their credit cards and get on their way.

People who pay with cash DO matter.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
crankster
Banned

Post by crankster »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Salmon-Ar ... near-Chase

People who do vile things like this, their lives don't matter. This is why I have a pretty low opinion of humans. There was a story the other day of mutilated, chopped up cats in a park as well in another part of Canada. Degenerate human being(s). Life is worthless to some. Disgusting.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Think I read some of the dogs are being identified. I'm wondering if these dogs are loose and chasing livestock/wildlife.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
crankster
Banned

Post by crankster »

Fancy wrote:Think I read some of the dogs are being identified. I'm wondering if these dogs are loose and chasing livestock/wildlife.

Yes and a lot of whandoodles who would shoot them because of that. I get that but to just dump them? Why not bury them?

Return to “Social Concerns”