So how fat are you now?

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

So how fat are you now?

Post by Thinktank »

over 40?

I was watching the people a few years ago, and a friend pointed out the fact that 50% of the people walking down the street were overweight. It was true. And not just a little bit overweight.

I'm convinced you can take every thread on this forum, and throw it into the garbage compared to the importance of Canada's "overweight" problem. :smt045

So how fat are you? Discuss.

Because my theory is that you shouldn't be running or jogging or biking for an hour a day like crazy. There has to be a better way to get to the perfect weight by just doing easy exercise - like going for a walk. You shouldn't have to kill yourself exercising, because when you stop, you'll just get fat again.

Me? 10.

WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: So how fat are you now?

Post by the truth »

i have always been into sports and fitness since a teen, i am now in my 50's - 6 feet 180 lbs same as i was in my twenties .
i consider myself very active, but that being said imo its like they say , you are what you eat
i eat better healthier now then i ever did , i would love to eat junk food every day like many do, but its just not worth the price you pay down the line,
for me its about quality of life now, the better i take care of my body now the better it takes care on me now, and its doing a great job of it
the game changers helped me cut my meat eating by about 80% https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSpglxHTJVM

to answer your question, imo what you put in your mouth is super important for your health , any exercise is good exercise

when i look at teens and kids in there twenties now :200: apart from the ones i see at the gym most of them are horribly out of shape
you can drive by all the local parks in kelowna , most times they are always empty back when i was a teen all parks were used very well all the time with kids, teens, young adults playing pick up football, soccer, baseball etc etc , heck most times we had to be there early just to get dibs on the field :smt045
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Thinktank wrote:Because my theory is that you shouldn't be running or jogging or biking for an hour a day like crazy. There has to be a better way to get to the perfect weight by just doing easy exercise - like going for a walk. You shouldn't have to kill yourself exercising, because when you stop, you'll just get fat again.

Me? 10.

Well you've admitted having a weight problem so not sure why you're bringing it up again and you've mentioned before about going for an hour bike ride without really exerting yourself.

https://forums.castanet.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=71911

You've also been given lots of advice including cutting down on pizza and watching your calories. One needs to eat properly and exercise to maintain good health.

Me? Don't need to lose weight - just keep active to maintain muscle.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

from 2017
Thinktank wrote:But two of my friends are 70 lbs overweight, and two others are 40 lbs overweight. It's a serious problem
in Canada.

Now only one of my friends is 70 lbs. overweight. The other one is gone. It shouldn't be too hard to figure out why someone would start a thread like this.

1 - People think they must exercise like crazy - to increase metabolism. But when they stop - they gain weight again. You don't need to exercise like Lebron James. When you read that you must do a half hour to an hour of extreme strenuous exercise every day - it's not true.

2 - Nutrition. Supermarket shelves are absolutely loaded with food so poor in nutrition, the body is forced to borrow nutrients from it's reserves just to digest such junk. Without nutrition, you'll be hungry. Those big corporations giving us the tasty addictive nutrition-less food - are pure evil.

It's summer now. farmers market season. If you don't lose weight now you never will.

Everyone can solve their own problem. I would have Lou Corona's almond drink every day for breakfast for a month and see what happens.

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

3 days ago + 20 lbs. Today + 19lbs. Going the right way
I am not wealthy but I am rich
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

I have lost 70# over the last few years. I thought that I had stabilized, but have lost another 5# over the last 6 days.

I do NOT recommend my diet though. The last time I was this weight was grade 7.
Bring back the LIKE button.
crankster
Banned

Post by crankster »

About ten extra is all. Beer weight if anything. Comes off fast cause i work physically everyday. No elevator in my apt building so any supplies and materials, any debris etc is packed up and down by yours truly. Thats means drywall, lumber, mesh, mud, tools, carpet, flooring plumbing electrical etc...is all walked up. All 10 flights of stairs to the top if needed.
Im one of those that works. Moves, does not sit in a chair all day. 55, three heart attacks and i can work young bucks till they drop. Not worried about my weight.
But yes, seeing a family wallowing down the street, all being in excess of 50lbs overweight... its concerning.
People Powered Government-say yes to an overthrow near you!
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Thinktank wrote: It shouldn't be too hard to figure out why someone would start a thread like this.

1 - People think they must exercise like crazy - to increase metabolism. But when they stop - they gain weight again. You don't need to exercise like Lebron James. When you read that you must do a half hour to an hour of extreme strenuous exercise every day - it's not true.

2 - Nutrition. Supermarket shelves are absolutely loaded with food so poor in nutrition, the body is forced to borrow nutrients from it's reserves just to digest such junk. Without nutrition, you'll be hungry. Those big corporations giving us the tasty addictive nutrition-less food - are pure evil.

You've started a few threads on this but I'm not sure where you've read you must do a half hour to an hour of extreme strenuous exercise to maintain your health. One can do a brisk walk or bike like you have and still be fit. And the average person is well aware that the supermarket contains fresh produce so no one is forced to buy junk food. It's just as easy to eat properly and get your exercise in the winter as it is in the summer. Just do it.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

seewood wrote:3 days ago + 20 lbs. Today + 19lbs. Going the right way

Maybe it was just that big bowel movement you had yesterday? :biggrin:
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

Thinktank wrote:1 - People think they must exercise like crazy - to increase metabolism. But when they stop - they gain weight again. You don't need to exercise like Lebron James. When you read that you must do a half hour to an hour of extreme strenuous exercise every day - it's not true.

There are obviously other health reasons to exercise other then just weight loss. I personally like to do strenuous exercise because I find it a good stress reliever, as well as allows me to eat more of the food/drinks I enjoy. My appetite tends to increase days where I do more strenuous activity, then compared to days I don't.

Body weight is easily gained, maintained or lost by how many calories you are eating vs how many you burn. I continue to lose or maintain weight, and I still eat pizza, ice cream, chocolate and wine. While it is important to still eat a healthy diet, someone still has to think realistically. Cutting out all the "junk" is hard, and can be limiting. I think it is important to have a balance (I like to follow the 80/20 idea), so I can have some sanity and enjoyment in my life.

As for myself, I have never been over weight (what are you even using as a scale of "overweight"?), but I have actively tried to lose weight in the past to try and meet a visual appearance.
hail Satan y'all
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

whatwhat wrote:As for myself, I have never been over weight (what are you even using as a scale of "overweight"?), but I have actively tried to lose weight in the past to try and meet a visual appearance.

Thee "scale" that I used told me that I was 6" too short.
Bring back the LIKE button.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

Plus 5lbs for me (plus 15lbs after a night at the Olive Garden though) given my "ideal" weight for my height.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

It’s kind of a simple formula......some combination of move more, eat less. Not rocket science.

I’m always amazed when I hear someone saying they are up or down a pound or less..... a good pee can get rid of that, and a little drink of water can add that.....drink a liter and you add 2.2 lbs. :130:

Take a good dump and pee and it’s amazing how much weight you can "lose" in a few minutes! :up:

But since TT is talking about how fat someone is, it still comes down to eat less, not more and move more, not less.
Or go in for liposuction, but you’ll just gain it all back so why bother.
You and 71 others Like this post
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

LANDM wrote:I’m always amazed when I hear someone saying they are up or down a pound or less..... a good pee can get rid of that, and a little drink of water can add that.....drink a liter and you add 2.2 lbs. :130:

The people that talk about a +/- 2 lb or less normally weight themselves at exactly the same time first thing in the morning every couple days, right after the washroom.

This way they are always empty stomach and bowels.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

LANDM wrote:It’s kind of a simple formula......

20 million Canadians probably will never get it in their lifetime. It's definitely not simple.

GREED

This image — found on the social media site Reddit — shows just how far the big food companies tentacles stretch. Just ten food companies combine to produce a massive amount of the food and drink we all consume. For some consumers, these 10 companies reflect nearly the vast majority of daily calories consumed.

https://blog.backtotheroots.com/2016/10 ... rlds-food/

Return to “Health”