So how fat are you now?

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: So how fat are you now?

Post by Fancy »

Thinktank wrote:For some consumers, these 10 companies reflect nearly the vast majority of daily calories consumed.

You've mentioned that a few times on other threads. What is your point? Doesn't appear anything has changed in the 10 years you've been talking about it.

https://forums.castanet.net/viewtopic.p ... 4&start=15
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Fancy wrote: What is your point?

I keep forgetting - this forum needs simple 'mickey mouse' type explanations most of the time.

one in three of us is overweight
one in three is obese
people say - it's simple
people say - eat less exercise more
people say - you're lazy that's why you're fat
people say - your own fault you eat too much.

but it's not people's fault that ten corporations are loading food up with flavour and removing nutrition to make food addictive.

Now do you get it?

WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Speaking of Mickey Mouse - to spell it out (repeatedly I might add), people are responsible for what they put in their bodies - not corporations. Now do you get it? You can't blame others for your own actions - you alone are responsible. Make better choices.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Thinktank wrote:10
over 40?

I was watching the people a few years ago, and a friend pointed out the fact that 50% of the people walking down the street were overweight. It was true. And not just a little bit overweight.

I'm convinced you can take every thread on this forum, and throw it into the garbage compared to the importance of Canada's "overweight" problem. :smt045

So how fat are you? Discuss.

Because my theory is that you shouldn't be running or jogging or biking for an hour a day like crazy. There has to be a better way to get to the perfect weight by just doing easy exercise - like going for a walk. You shouldn't have to kill yourself exercising, because when you stop, you'll just get fat again.

Me? 10.

I was happier when I thought you had decided to stop talking.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Thinktank wrote:Hopefully this is the last time I post there.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

Thinktank wrote:but it's not people's fault that ten corporations are loading food up with flavour and removing nutrition to make food addictive

It is the people's fault, if they are too weak minded to stop buying those foods, that's their fault and no one else's. For every person that doesn't buy what ever food you want to point your finger at, there's others that don't buy it. Simple.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

OKkayak wrote: It is the people's fault, if they are too weak minded to stop buying those foods, that's their fault and no one else's. For every person that doesn't buy what ever food you want to point your finger at, there's others that don't buy it. Simple.

100% agree. Having less activity actually allowed us to cook more. Wife is down 15, i'm down 10 and improved running pace, kids are gaining weight but they healthy and growing haha.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

LANDM wrote:It’s kind of a simple formula......... Not rocket science.

So this health problem is too complicated for two thirds of Canadians. Because there's this thing called "craving" food.
Even I have a hard time figuring it out.

He lost fifty lbs.

And this guy lost 80 lbs.
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Thinktank wrote:
LANDM wrote:It’s kind of a simple formula......... Not rocket science.

So this health problem is too complicated for two thirds of Canadians. Because there's this thing called "craving" food.

The fact that someone has a hard time figuring out something obvious is their problem. Entirely.

This pandemic isolation has created a divergence on this topic for different people. Some have lost a lot of weight from eating healthier, others have gained a lot of weight because of incessant snacking at home. All personal choices.
You and 71 others Like this post
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

I know that; no matter the weight, women will always think they are fat. Men believe that they have non-conforming muscle memory.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Thinktank wrote:So this health problem is too complicated for two thirds of Canadians. Because there's this thing called "craving" food.

It's not complicated. Some people are just lazy/eat too much.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Thinktank wrote:So this health problem is too complicated for two thirds of Canadians. Because there's this thing called "craving" food.

Fancy wrote:It's not complicated. Some people are just lazy/eat too much.

While others are lacking in motivation and will eat what they can, whenever they can, because they don't know where/what/when food will be available again. .......Nutritional savings account.

They just don't want to draw on those savings too early.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Grandan
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Grandan »

Thinktank wrote:
Fancy wrote: What is your point?

I keep forgetting - this forum needs simple 'mickey mouse' type explanations most of the time.

one in three of us is overweight
one in three is obese
people say - it's simple
people say - eat less exercise more
people say - you're lazy that's why you're fat
people say - your own fault you eat too much.

but it's not people's fault that ten corporations are loading food up with flavour and removing nutrition to make food addictive.

Now do you get it?

The weight gain in Canada and our southern neighbours is indeed due to a large extent the big food conglomerates.
Also at fault is the previous versions of the Canada Food Guide which recommended a large proportion of nutrition should come from grain (carbohydrates).
Recent research has demonstrated that carbs cause weight gain because the liver turns them to fat. Sugar as well is a problem because only the liver can process fructose in sucrose (table sugar).
Processed food contains both refined grain and sugar plus the so called healthy vegetable and seed oils which cause inflamation.
Alcohol is the same a fructose, both of which cause fatty liver disease.
I have lost over 40 pounds over the past 1 1/2 years and keeping it off. I have done it thanks to a Ketogenic diet that has very little carbohydrates or fructose. Olive oil is a mainstay on this diet. I eat only 2 meals a day and at least one day a week I eat only one meal.
I have read and studied extensively. Some of the really great autors are Dr Jason Fung The Obesity Code
, Robert Lustig Jr. Fat Chance and Gary Taubes Why We Get Fat.
Waste not
Randall T
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Randall T »

The whole weight thing is complicated. Dieting is hard to commit to, exercise is easier. I'm 6'0" and was down to 150lbs a few years back. It was all from a commitment to exercise and not so much from dieting. I would simply burn off everything I ate, but I did avoid high cholesterol intake. Fast food isn't my thing but I do have other vices. The question is though, what is overweight for one person is not necessarily so for another. There is the recommended BMI, weight for age, etc. My doc wanted me at 180lbs but I felt much more alive at the 150, so that's what I stayed at. Now I'm probably 190 as I can't exercise anymore and I feel like crap. But technically I'm only 10lbs overweight for my age and structure.
I birn quil I se
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Thinktank wrote:but it's not people's fault that ten corporations are loading food up with flavour and removing nutrition to make food addictive.

Now do you get it?

What you list there IS NOT FOOD. Those corporations are manufacturing PRODUCTS for consumption by consumers who are less interested in food than they are in lighting up the reward centres of their brains.

Buy food not products.

Not all calories are equal and manufactured calories bear very little nutritional value.
Not all pounds are equal because muscle is heavier than fat.
Not all fat is equal, learn the difference between brown fat and white fat; subcutaneous fat and visceral fat.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.

Return to “Health”