Selling pot in Vernon after legalization

mnprochnau
Banned

Selling pot in Vernon after legalization

Post by mnprochnau »

This started for me as a couple of whiny merchants complaining about the unfairness of it all and whoa is me. Then the government shill gets on the soap box to complain about the same thing. I have said it before and I'll say it again, People just grow your own, Never pay a dime for Mary Jane again. Use steam extraction to collect the resin. Put the merchants out of business. Save your money
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Selling pot in Vernon after legalization

Post by LANDM »

mnprochnau wrote:This started for me as a couple of whiny merchants complaining about the unfairness of it all and whoa is me. Then the government shill gets on the soap box to complain about the same thing. I have said it before and I'll say it again, People just grow your own, Never pay a dime for Mary Jane again. Use steam extraction to collect the resin. Put the merchants out of business. Save your money

And never go to the liquor store.....brew and distill your own. Never go to a restaurant, cook your own.
Sometimes, it is nice to just go somewhere, pay a few bucks, and have something done for you.
You and 71 others Like this post
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

In theory its a great idea, however most people are lazy and would rather buy it. People could easily brew their own coffee but everyday theres huge line ups at Tim Hortons.
rob_c

Post by rob_c »

:130:
myugvrts uthb job tudsx5
Last edited by rob_c on Jul 5th, 2020, 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jlysholm

Post by jlysholm »

Rob_c. Couldn't agree more. Getting real tired of some people expecting different rules because of their heritage!
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Gixxer wrote:In theory its a great idea, however most people are lazy and would rather buy it. People could easily brew their own coffee but everyday theres huge line ups at Tim Hortons.

Exactly, get someone else to do it.

Guess what all that money saved equals a paid off home years early.

Just depends what ones priorities really is.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
ckil
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by ckil »

mnprochnau wrote:This started for me as a couple of whiny merchants complaining about the unfairness of it all and whoa is me. Then the government shill gets on the soap box to complain about the same thing. I have said it before and I'll say it again, People just grow your own, Never pay a dime for Mary Jane again. Use steam extraction to collect the resin. Put the merchants out of business. Save your money

The quality is better when I buy from merchants compared to the homegrown. Growing weed is not as simple as tomatoes. I will leave that in the hands of the professionals.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Legalizing the "weed with roots in hell" was going to be the end of us all. It turned out to be a non-event. Acres of greenhouses were built, companies issued stock, and now these private companies are blaming the gumment for their own lack of foresight.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

bob vernon wrote:Legalizing the "weed with roots in hell" was going to be the end of us all. It turned out to be a non-event. Acres of greenhouses were built, companies issued stock, and now these private companies are blaming the gumment for their own lack of foresight.

thats not true There (rightfully) blaming the government for a couple major hurdles 1) the red tape involved and the time line to actually get a licensed retail store took forever and they (gov) limited the amount of stores which lead to lack of retail outlets across canada especially in Ontario ; 2) the total reduction of law enforcement looking for and shutting down illegal grow ops has lead to the Black Market thriving and still making up 65-70% of all weed sales in canada which is killing the licensed legal grow ops which also has lead to a over supply in the legal retail market
AtlantisKelowna
Board Meister

Post by AtlantisKelowna »

dontrump wrote:
bob vernon wrote:Legalizing the "weed with roots in hell" was going to be the end of us all. It turned out to be a non-event. Acres of greenhouses were built, companies issued stock, and now these private companies are blaming the gumment for their own lack of foresight.

thats not true There (rightfully) blaming the government for a couple major hurdles 1) the red tape involved and the time line to actually get a licensed retail store took forever and they (gov) limited the amount of stores which lead to lack of retail outlets across canada especially in Ontario ; 2) the total reduction of law enforcement looking for and shutting down illegal grow ops has lead to the Black Market thriving and still making up 65-70% of all weed sales in Canada which is killing the licensed legal grow ops which also has lead to a over supply in the legal retail market

So if the black market is doing so well then what is the legal market doing wrong? Well lets start with the price being too high, the "dried flowers" are over dried to the point it tastes like :cuss: and its hard to roll powder. Too many wealthy people looking for an "investment" and not taking pride in the product, half the time your shorted on the weight.....should I go on?
If winery's overpriced sub-par wine would they have a stellar year of sales?

Oh and dont forget the one off's that do make a quality product but charge double if not triple the amount for the same quality black market stuff.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Grow some plants of your own. Learn to bake some of that over-dried stuff into goodies. Relax.
ajoker

Post by ajoker »

As if black market weed isn't just dried out too. Haven't seen good black market weed in a long time, wouldn't trust it at this point either as it's most likely grown by someone who couldn't hack it doing something proper.

Might get shorted at the store but at least I know it's most likely not touched with *bleep* covered hands and has never been moldy.

The guys pushing black market weed so much probably have a hand in it as anyone with a brain knows what an economy of scale is and how it would affect legal prices if more people just bought legal.
AtlantisKelowna
Board Meister

Post by AtlantisKelowna »

ajoker wrote:As if black market weed isn't just dried out too. Haven't seen good black market weed in a long time, wouldn't trust it at this point either as it's most likely grown by someone who couldn't hack it doing something proper.

Might get shorted at the store but at least I know it's most likely not touched with *bleep* covered hands and has never been moldy.

The guys pushing black market weed so much probably have a hand in it as anyone with a brain knows what an economy of scale is and how it would affect legal prices if more people just bought legal.

Contrary to your belief there are many reasons one would support the black market. Yes there are still a few shady characters looking at dollar signs much like some LP's but for the rest its all politic's. Most of it comes down to funding and grants. If you have money and excel with government paperwork it is pretty easy to attain your license quickly, even if there are submissions ahead of you.

As a business owner I'm very aware of how the economy works and understand this industry much better than most. Are you aware that most LP's are selling at around $2-$3 per gram? It is then sold for a minimum of $10 per gram in the store with some ranging to $20-$30 per gram. So at the minimum we are paying a 70% margin and a 250% markup on sub par quality bud. To me that is just as bad as gouging people for medical supplies during a pandemic. We need to put an end to these pocket lining corporations and supporting them is not going to change anything. I will support the one off's that are real local's with a passion for the industry, not help some CEO pay for a 3rd vacation home.
weedlover

Post by weedlover »

Black Crow Cannabis is the WORST!!!
zoo
Übergod

Post by zoo »

Contrary to your belief there are many reasons one would support the black market. Yes there are still a few shady characters looking at dollar signs much like some LP's but for the rest its all politic's. Most of it comes down to funding and grants. If you have money and excel with government paperwork it is pretty easy to attain your license quickly, even if there are submissions ahead of you.

As a business owner I'm very aware of how the economy works and understand this industry much better than most. Are you aware that most LP's are selling at around $2-$3 per gram? It is then sold for a minimum of $10 per gram in the store with some ranging to $20-$30 per gram. So at the minimum we are paying a 70% margin and a 250% markup on sub par quality bud. To me that is just as bad as gouging people for medical supplies during a pandemic. We need to put an end to these pocket lining corporations and supporting them is not going to change anything. I will support the one off's that are real local's with a passion for the industry, not help some CEO pay for a 3rd vacation home.

Exactly, the government has absolutely screwed up the whole program that was actually put in place to assist citizens with reasonably priced medication and to help put an to illegal operations. They failed in both aspects.
So, hand them an opportunity to make some revenue, provide people with an option for medical reasons, and they screw it up on every level

Return to “North Okanagan”