Can anyone suggest where they think the world is headed?

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
2FollowHim

Can anyone suggest where they think the world is headed?

Post by 2FollowHim »

And how this links with God, (or not), or the bible generally?

I don't think I have firm views on this so I may be open to ideas, depending on how I do see it.
Nevertheless, there's nothing in place yet.
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Re: Can anyone suggest where they think the world is headed?

Post by Hmmm »

2FollowHim wrote:And how this links with God, (or not), or the bible generally?

I don't think I have firm views on this so I may be open to ideas, depending on how I do see it.
Nevertheless, there's nothing in place yet.

Read Mat 24, Luke 21, Mark 13 and 2 Tim 3:1-5. You'll get some good ideas.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
capleton
Banned

Post by capleton »

Still awaiting the end of the world eh, the fact that thousands of Christians have "prophesied" the end of the world for 1400 years and all have been wrong means nothing to you?
2FollowHim

Post by 2FollowHim »

As a believer, yes, Jesus spoke but it's more what you see, so if you think these scriptures apply, do you see this now? In what way?
Because not everybody is a Christian, I wanted to pose to all. Since no other responses, do others see nothing?
2FollowHim

Post by 2FollowHim »

To the one assuming they know what I think, may I correct?
God's time just isn't our time.
Yet unable to address the question. I think that may mean this person doesn't see anything.

Try to note I asked, and asked if any saw it biblical.
To the key prophetic ways, I see lead up, but not actual but that's just my view.
I dislike snide comments.
capleton
Banned

Post by capleton »

None of that addresses the fact that every single prophecy that Christians have made was false and every single prophecy in the Bible has completely failed. Gods time what is that? Is that like Tinkerbell time?
2FollowHim

Post by 2FollowHim »

Hi Capleton. Example of FAILED prophecies? Some of the greatest was for Jesus which is specific.
Many amazing prophecies were amazingly fulfilled, while some are futuristic.

Notice you didn't answer my question. That spells agenda. Please keep to the question or pose another.
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

capleton wrote:None of that addresses the fact that every single prophecy that Christians have made was false and every single prophecy in the Bible has completely failed. Gods time what is that? Is that like Tinkerbell time?

Actually all have come trueexcept for a few we're still waiting for but you prefer to believe the critics perhaps? I agree that there are critics for all prophecies. I have read their thoughts on why they feel the prophecy was wrong or a lie. I also can clearly see where they are wrong. For instance in the book of Daniel they claim because its so accurate it was written after the time of the events foretold. This may seem plausible to you and others who are trying to find fault, but it isnt true at all. One huge reason is Jesus quoted from it and the many events recorded in it for sure were after Jesus day proving it was written before Jesus time or the first century, proving critics wrong. Anyway, don't expect me to argue with you here about this; your opinion is well known already, I just wanted to put that out there, that there is a very solid body of evidence for these prophecies being correct other than your critical views.

As for the books I mentioned at the beginning of this thread ALL THINGS ARE happening today. You cannot point to one sign of the last days/ end times and say this doesn't exist. Some things should not be present today such as pestilence and food shortages and even wars. You would think after 2000 years mankind could learn how to feed themselves and also live with one another. Science has cures for many illnesses that kill millions, yet millions still dies from these very things. This should not be, except they are. So not one feature of the end times os missing. But again, dont expect me to debate anyone of you here. I have no desire to argue with strangers over the internet.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
capleton
Banned

Post by capleton »

2FollowHim wrote:Hi Capleton. Example of FAILED prophecies? Some of the greatest was for Jesus which is specific.
Many amazing prophecies were amazingly fulfilled, while some are futuristic.

Notice you didn't answer my question. That spells agenda. Please keep to the question or pose another.

It could take all day to give the numerous failed prophecies of the Bible but here is some, In Ezekiel 26:1-21, God states that Nebuchadnezzar II would conquer, sack, and completely destroy the city of Tyre and that Tyre's land would never be built upon again but that never happened, Tyre still exists so that is a huge fail.
You have all these absurd sayings in the NT that the end is near and these are the last days like in James 5:8, 9 and 1 Peter 4:7 but that is also a fail.
You want more like rubbish prophecies like the Nile drying up as predicted in Zechariah 10:11 and Isaiah 19:1-8? The Nile has never dried up so that;s a third fail.
Or how about Isaiah 17:1-2 where it says that Damascus will be laid to waste and will be uninhabited forever. Another fail, Damascus is still the capital of Syria. I could go on, not a single prophecy of the Bible has come true
You want historical examples as well of Anabaptist, Jehovah Witnesses, Anglicans and the Lutheran Church and numerous others giving false prophecies about Jesus coming back/end of the world?, I can certainly give them.
2FollowHim

Post by 2FollowHim »

Thanks Hmmm. I'm not a prophecy student myself but I certainly sawnone failed. And I did read some of the prophecies about Jesus, so exacting. Currently looking a bit at Hebrew which certainly is God's language.
Appreciate your input. I just wish people could try to address the question instead of being mind readers.
Overall, sure I know where things are headed. For Christians. But just right now.
I haven't actually seen scriptures addressing what's gone on, so fast.
capleton
Banned

Post by capleton »

Hmmm wrote:
capleton wrote:None of that addresses the fact that every single prophecy that Christians have made was false and every single prophecy in the Bible has completely failed. Gods time what is that? Is that like Tinkerbell time?

Actually all have come trueexcept for a few we're still waiting for but you prefer to believe the critics perhaps? I agree that there are critics for all prophecies. I have read their thoughts on why they feel the prophecy was wrong or a lie. I also can clearly see where they are wrong. For instance in the book of Daniel they claim because its so accurate it was written after the time of the events foretold. This may seem plausible to you and others who are trying to find fault, but it isnt true at all. One huge reason is Jesus quoted from it and the many events recorded in it for sure were after Jesus day proving it was written before Jesus time or the first century, proving critics wrong. Anyway, don't expect me to argue with you here about this; your opinion is well known already, I just wanted to put that out there, that there is a very solid body of evidence for these prophecies being correct other than your critical views.

As for the books I mentioned at the beginning of this thread ALL THINGS ARE happening today. You cannot point to one sign of the last days/ end times and say this doesn't exist. Some things should not be present today such as pestilence and food shortages and even wars. You would think after 2000 years mankind could learn how to feed themselves and also live with one another. Science has cures for many illnesses that kill millions, yet millions still dies from these very things. This should not be, except they are. So not one feature of the end times os missing. But again, dont expect me to debate anyone of you here. I have no desire to argue with strangers over the internet.

All prophecies have come true? that is hilarious name one, none of the stuff in Daniel is prophecy it was probably written after the fact and thus is self fulfilled prophecy which does not make it prophecy. Time after time you people people claim Jesus is coming back or the end is near and time after time you are all wrong.
Last edited by capleton on Jun 28th, 2020, 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
capleton
Banned

Post by capleton »

oldtrucker wrote:Strait to hell.

That's funny, how do you know you will not end up in the Muslim hell or the Hindu/Buddhist hells?
2FollowHim

Post by 2FollowHim »

Capleton! Why are you not answering properly ? Don't you know the difference
between a Christian and a cult.The Watchtower are against the Truth,
and they are anti Christ.Who asked you to read the Bible.Why don't you
stay with the world which you might understand, Tyre was completely destroyed
by Alexander the Great.Your knowledge is completely based on lies.
Aren't you aware that the only true church was the one founded by
Jesus. Apostle Paul established the gentile churches.Who are the Anglican,
Catholics,S.D.A. or Mormons.Off course they are off the chart. This section
is not for you unless you can contribute properly. Do better please.
2FollowHim

Post by 2FollowHim »

Capleton! Why are you not answering properly ? Don't you know the difference
capleton
Banned

Post by capleton »

2FollowHim wrote:Capleton! Why are you not answering properly ? Don't you know the difference

I answered properly, now you are just making pathetic excuses like most Christians do, despite Tyre being destroyed by Alexander, it stills exists today and the Bible says that Nebuchadnezzar II will destroy it not Alexander, so that is a major fail no matter how you spin it. No I can't tell a difference between a cult and a Christian, often they one and the same. Your answer is pathetic, I can tell like most Christians you haven't read the Bible.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”