Some Lives Don't Matter

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
bigtimeoperations
Board Meister

Re: Some Lives Don't Matter

Post by bigtimeoperations »

Pedo lives dont matter.
Don't Vancouver our Kelowna!
crankster
Banned

Post by crankster »

All the white folks who died for freedom and democracy don't matter. All the rest, just stupidity on our part. Didn't have to die, silly beggars we are. Make sure the next homeless white vet you see to tell him or her that what they did and were they are is their own fault. Should not stick your nose in another nation's affairs.
Canada and her democracy were never ours to defend. How greedy of us to assume it was.
Trudeau is right to divide the country. There is Eastern Kanada. Then there is FN Territory. There is no Canada anymore.
People Powered Government-say yes to an overthrow near you!
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

crankster wrote:Make sure the next homeless white vet you see ...

Pretty sure none of vets one is still able to see fought for freedom..

When was the last war when Canada fought for its freedom?
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

oldtrucker wrote:It started approx Feb 2020.

Oh yeah, the great battle of COVID. Many have fallen. Their names shall not be forgotten.
Terris
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Terris »

Once upon a time....

German Lives Mattered too...

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view ... nniversary
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

See, lives who do this don't matter:

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#304386
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Even Steven wrote:See, lives who do this don't matter:

That is very sad. Not completely surprising given some of the posts we see here. Maybe just one dumb kid. Still very sad thing to see.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Even Steven wrote:See, lives who do this don't matter:

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#304386

ya tell that the blm protesters who are beating white women up https://13wham.com/news/local/woman-att ... r-business
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

the truth wrote:ya tell that the blm protesters who are beating white women up https://13wham.com/news/local/woman-att ... r-business

Oh, I guess that makes it OK.

Nevermind.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Even Steven wrote:
the truth wrote:ya tell that the blm protesters who are beating white women up https://13wham.com/news/local/woman-att ... r-business

Oh, I guess that makes it OK.

Nevermind.

no it does not, but since you think its ok that's on you
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

Don't start making things personal!
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

"Carpetbagger pinko communist J-boy" lives don't matter. (Trigger warning: lawyers, noose, segregation, stereotyping, folk poking fun and not taking proper offence.)
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

It would appear some people just can’t stand not being the center of attention. BLM gets some attention and it drives a bunch of you crazy that everyone isn’t only talking about you.

BLM has been a focus for a few weeks and you’re screaming “What about me? Look at all of my problems. My life is so hard. I need attention. Look at me and all of my hardships. They have nothing to complain about. My problems are all that matters.”

There there little snowflakes... I’ll call you a whambulance.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

The more things change:

Interesting in the context of US election years, BLM and the predictable renewal of aggression around racism/anti-racism.

Poor folks' lives don't matter between elections.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

The state of Black Lives Matter, 7 years later

<snip>

A movement, a slogan, a rallying cry. Black Lives Matter has had many identities since it was founded on a mission to “eradicate white supremacy and build local power to intervene in violence inflicted on Black communities ... ” Now, it’s important to ask whether the organization, officially called the Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation, has made good on its promise to spur positive changes in Black people’s material lives.

<snip>

But what appeared to be a changing tide in public opinion has since faded along with the protests. Support for the BLM movement reached a high in June with 67 percent of U.S. adults expressing at least some support for the movement, according to Pew Research. The figure had shrunk to 55 percent by September, Pew reported. Now, 48 percent of American voters support the movement, according to recent tracking data from Civiqs. (The recent number still shows an increase from pre-protest levels.)

The change is most notable among white adults. Their support for the movement reached 60 percent in June before falling to 45 percent, Pew reported (even though white Americans have adopted more liberal racial attitudes overall since the start of the BLM movement).

This has been a common trend throughout history, said Dwight Watson, associate professor of history at Texas State University.

“I expected white folks to disappear,” Watson said. “White support tends to peter away. The way you were taught to understand the world is ultimately how you respond to it in times of crisis. With that said, most young white people did not have an oppositional upbringing to police or the government. So many of them didn’t sign up to die for the cause. And after a while, many of them wondered if the cause is really that important.”

More …

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/us/the-st ... &ocid=iehp

Return to “Social Concerns”