The real cost of Enderby standoff

one wheel
Übergod

The real cost of Enderby standoff

Post by one wheel »

What was the real cost of resolving that standoff in Enderby on Saturday night that took until early Sunday morning to complete ?
How many officers were called out to apprehend a known criminal & spent 6 1/2 hrs. doing this in order to take him into custody, only to find our Courts released him later ?
ckil
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: The real cost of Enderby standoff

Post by ckil »

Can you post a link to the story so people know what you are talking about!
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

And less than 12 hours later Mr. career criminal was spotted hitch-hiking back toward Enderby.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
one wheel
Übergod

Catch & release letter

Post by one wheel »

I want to say a big thank you to Mark McMahon for his letter - Catch & Release - in today's Castanet Forum.

You certainly expressed my feelings & many others I'm sure ?

Hopefully by stating that the cost of this standoff could be $50,000, the person who decided to grant the quick release will be held accountable ?
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Re: Catch & release letter

Post by Catsumi »

Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

^^^ like I’ve said before on this forum, you can thank papa T for what he placed inside our constitution. He knew once it’s in there trying to change it would be damn near impossible.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
mikest2
Lord of the Board

Post by mikest2 »

Kudos to the writer, this is the problem. The only people that this serves is the criminals. These offenders have to be relegated to the big house to await their hearing. Amazingly enough, if you keep them off the streets, they cannot offend. Who knew ??
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

dirtybiker wrote:And less than 12 hours later Mr. career criminal was spotted hitch-hiking back toward Enderby.

think what u want but because most of you have allowed lefty liberals to be in charge these days these are the results same deal as what we see in seattle
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Wonder, at least hope he has sent the letter to the newspapers in the area, might even be printed in the Sun.

The letter, with clear evidence, shows what the public think of the current catch and release program.

Wonder if the electorate can kick up a fuss because the theft component of home insurance is going up with this catch and release program. Elect politicians that stop the catch and release, thefts invariably go down, fewer claims and at least the premiums might stop going up.
Just wish the judges would keep the scourge behind bars so we don't have to get politicians involved.
I am not wealthy but I am rich

Post by 34146 »

This is a common occurrence in this day and age of policing..our courts system is a joke. The judges release people even though the crown and police argue for detention.
Things won’t change until our court system has had an over haul.
Western justices will return, due to our weak judges in the system.
outtawind
Fledgling

Post by outtawind »

34146 wrote:This is a common occurrence in this day and age of policing..our courts system is a joke. The judges release people even though the crown and police argue for detention.
Things won’t change until our court system has had an over haul.
Western justices will return, due to our weak judges in the system.

People use this tactic. Our courts render officers ineffective - we know officers are doing what they can.

I have yet to find anyone who disagrees - the only way to message perps for stolen items, petty crime, etc is to "know a guy" who will do the job. They are around and it is a good way to go. It's absolutely crazy - our courts are promoting vigilantism - the courts created the need.
gofast

Post by gofast »

That price tag should go up. I just heard that everyone else that lives in that building now have to move out as it is deemed unsafe because of the teargas released in the building. Building owner loses all his rental income and these people have no where to go, not much to rent in Enderby. There doesn't appear to be anything good that came out of the whole ordeal.
nicholas p
Fledgling

Post by nicholas p »

seewood wrote:Wonder, at least hope he has sent the letter to the newspapers in the area, might even be printed in the Sun.

The letter, with clear evidence, shows what the public think of the current catch and release program.

Wonder if the electorate can kick up a fuss because the theft component of home insurance is going up with this catch and release program. Elect politicians that stop the catch and release, thefts invariably go down, fewer claims and at least the premiums might stop going up.
Just wish the judges would keep the scourge behind bars so we don't have to get politicians involved.

Please understand the process before blaming anyone.
Some are asking the cost for standoff & to be later released & some are connecting it to Insurance increase. Both are different topics or have different reasons. It is not liberals or conservative elected it is the social workers & general public is to be blamed. If he was kept inside the prison the cost will be added to the cost of standoff & every person who knows inside jail life will be repeat the crime as the life inside is stress free with best food provided without any work. If the Jail authority try to get them to work the concerned officer will be scrutunised by social worker and supported by public. Just compare our correction centre with other European/Asian countries.In Canada even for murderer he will be in prison but gets food checked by a dietician and nutrietionist without he working any work. Until the punishment gets harsher & soft corner for criminals is removed by the public by giving full authority to officers instead of criminals or social workers these things happen

Return to “North Okanagan”