We All Know What We Should Be Doing.

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

We All Know What We Should Be Doing.

Post by I Think »

We all have sufficient information, and or the ability to discover that information, to tell us how to defeat the covid 19 virus.
It has been made abundantly clear that wearing a mask protects others from our respiratory droplets and probably offers the wearer some protection.
It is also clear that the virus is spread mainly by being exhaled by the infected and inhaled by others who become infected.
In order to get the illness, you need to be in close enough contact with an infected person (or animal?) to inhale their airborne respiratory droplets. AKA sharing air.
Social distancing, hand sterilization, masks, and shields are the answer. So why as a species are we so dense that we need to be ordered to do these things, as we gaily gad about giving the virus lots of opportunities to reproduce within our bodies?
We're lost but we're making good time.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Re: We All Know What We Should Be Doing.

Post by LANDM »

I find it odd that, when out shopping in a larger store, we are often the only ones wearing a mask.
You and 71 others Like this post
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I am of the belief if we (everyone) had done 3 things right from the beginning.
1) social distancing while out and about.
2) wearing a mask also while out and about.
3) washing ones hands regularly (hand sanitizer when washing isn’t available)

Chances are shutting down could have been avoided.

But for this to have worked it would have needed 100% commitment of everyone.

added: if and when a second wave happens. This is how it has to be done, no one can afford a second shutdown.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

You can bet that if/when the second wave hits, it will be much worse and rules will be 2-3X stronger than the ones we have just gone through.
Bring back the LIKE button.
youjustcomplain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by youjustcomplain »

LANDM wrote:I find it odd that, when out shopping in a larger store, we are often the only ones wearing a mask.

I found it odd, when I was in Costco the other day, that less than half of people were wearing masks. Young, fit humans just wandering around doing their thing, without a mask. It really made me wonder why?

I mean, I do understand that some VERY FEW people have serious respiratory issues with a mask. But the rest of us? Why not? Costco is handing out free masks for customers, so these people either received a mask and chose not to wear it, or turned down the mask. Why?

We know the main way the virus spreads. droplets in the air expelled from our mouths. Given that, why not wear a mask? It's like an intentional act of defiance. It's an intentional act of selfishness. It's complete apathy towards the rest of us who don't want the virus, and don't want to be exposed to it, don't want to bring it home to their families, some of which may be elderly or comprimised.

So given my harsh judgements on people who aren't wearing masks while in stores, please enlighten me on why you aren't wearing a mask?

for context. I don't wear a mask in my car. I don't wear it when going through a drive through. I don't wear it when I see people in my close bubble. I only wear it when shopping in stores.
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

Just read on another site

Mask It or Casket.
We're lost but we're making good time.

Return to “Health”