Staying home!

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
uniped27

Staying home!

Post by uniped27 »

It was only a matter of time until Covid 19 hit the Okanagan. How did we prevent this in the early stages? Every one stayed home and there were no visitors to the region. Now that the government has allowed us to travel within our province everyone from outside of BC think it is ok to travel here and spread the Virus here. We have gone from 0 to 35 with just a click of the finger. Next thing, it will grow now to 135, then 235 the 335. You get the picture. The problem is we have to many visitors that think lets go the Okanagan for a holiday. Yippy. It all starts with tuff love. We need to stop the flow of visitors from coming here. I spoke with Dan Albas and was informed that this is a federal matter and there is no jurisdiction to stop any one from traveling across Canada from province to province. Why do we put these people in power if they don't use it to protect us? Laws can be changed and the tuff love begins at home. It should begin in the Mayor's office and the BC Health Minister's office and all of our federal offices and Politicians. We need to stop the influx of visitors to the region in order to keep the curve low and stop the spread. There is always next year if we can if we through this year without spreading the virus.
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Staying home!

Post by vegas1500 »

Thanks for yet another COVID post.......and B, relax and stay home if you’re so worried.
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

The limitations that are already in place appear to have a lot of loopholes.

For example, there is a very large Class A motorhome with an F150 on tow that has been parked in one of our neighbours drives for days. Both vehicles have California license plates.

I’ve racked my brains for a legitimate explanation as to why those vehicles would be here, and haven’t been able to come up with anything most reasonable people would consider acceptable. California has one of the highest rates of Covid infection in the world, and the small town I live in has no known cases right now. So what possible justification could there be for allowing people who may have been exposed to Covid to stay here for a few days?
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
uniped27

Post by uniped27 »

vegas1500 wrote:Thanks for yet another COVID post.......and B, relax and stay home if you’re so worried.

Why should I have to stay home when I live here and pay taxes here. Those visitors have no right to impose on where I live and force people to have to stay home just because they want to come here and visit. They need to stay home so I can go out and not worry that they are a virus threat here.
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

uniped27 wrote:
vegas1500 wrote:Thanks for yet another COVID post.......and B, relax and stay home if you’re so worried.

Why should I have to stay home when I live here and pay taxes here. Those visitors have no right to impose on where I live and force people to have to stay home just because they want to come here and visit. They need to stay home so I can go out and not worry that they are a virus threat here.

They dont have to stay home.....there are no restrictions.....so just like you, they have a right to do what they want. You can’t control others, so control yourself.
zookeeper
Walks on Forum Water

Post by zookeeper »

Merry wrote:The limitations that are already in place appear to have a lot of loopholes.

For example, there is a very large Class A motorhome with an F150 on tow that has been parked in one of our neighbours drives for days. Both vehicles have California license plates.

I’ve racked my brains for a legitimate explanation as to why those vehicles would be here, and haven’t been able to come up with anything most reasonable people would consider acceptable. California has one of the highest rates of Covid infection in the world, and the small town I live in has no known cases right now. So what possible justification could there be for allowing people who may have been exposed to Covid to stay here for a few days?

Why don't you put on your mask and gloves and go and ask them? I can think of several reasons that any reasonable person would find acceptable.
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

uniped27 wrote:Why should I

First 3 words said it all.

:up:

Entitled to YOUR land. [icon_lol2.gif]
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

zookeeper wrote:
Merry wrote:The limitations that are already in place appear to have a lot of loopholes.

I can think of several reasons that any reasonable person would find acceptable.

Like what?
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

Merry wrote:Like what?

They could be here for work. They could be here because they are immediate family members of someone here. Lots of legitimate reasons that make them eligible to be here.

Seeing the poster said their vehicles were parked there for days, one could suggest they have been self isolating. Maybe they are and maybe they're not.

Sorry, the world is 'effed up enough as is without this constant barrage of ignorance towards people who could very well have every right to be here.
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

OKkayak wrote:Sorry, the world is 'effed up enough as is without this constant barrage of ignorance towards people who could very well have every right to be here.

There’s nothing”ignorant” about wondering why a Californian recreational vehicle towing a Californian truck is parked in my neighbourhood at a time when the border is closed to non essential travel.

I didn’t confront the people, and I didn’t go vandalize their vehicles. I merely wondered why, at this particular time, there were people from California in my neighbourhood.

Given all the recent media reports about Americans violating the rules, it’s not surprising that some of us would wonder about it whenever we see American license plates. Why do you think that is being ignorant?

Return to “Health”