Hornswoggle
Fledgling

Racist or what

Post by Hornswoggle »

the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Racist or what

Post by the truth »

was he not just asking a question........... ?
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

A bit in poor taste, but racist? Nah.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

Maybe its a statement, designed to demonstrate how silly and out of hand all this has been getting? :138:

Oops, never mind, its racist:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/02/ ... blackface/
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ACIST.html
https://metro.co.uk/2019/02/18/people-q ... g-8657327/

[icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif]
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

It is the age of micro-aggressions, anonymous retaliation, and shame garnering. The guy didn't do anything wrong. Those who want to shame him are the ones lashing out with intent to hurt because there is something wrong with them. They need to grow-up and learn to cope. Surely annoying (offending) things will always exist. There was a time when people were proud to be not easily offended.

Micro-aggression which means one-millionth of an aggression, isn't even detectable. In order to detect one-millionth of an aggression, you need to be one-million times more sensitive than an average person. Usually when something is a million times more sensitive, it's reacting to the noise floor and is considered broken or ill-designed. At some point the silent majority will rise up and start calling these incidents for what they are, assaults. Those who make these ground-less accusations should be banned on twitter and other social media outlets.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Hornswoggle wrote:https://www.castanet.net/news/Kamloops/304522/Kamloops-RCMP-officer-s-controversial-post-prompts-backlash

Pretty sad imo

You aren't asking a question, you're stating your opinion.

And my opinion is this, it's a huge overreaction by you, Castanet and others to a silly, but harmless post.

IMO, the pendulum has swung too far. Time to take it back a couple of notch or two.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

bb49 wrote:IMO, the pendulum has swung too far. Time to take it back a couple of notch or two.

I agree it has gone too far.

I fear that it hit a tipping point of no return and we will now be faced with over the top political correctness for some time now.

Political correctness was used by the government to smear opponents and was consistently in the news for years, pinningTrump as an unfit leader because of it. It's creeping into Canadian politics and is in the news here all the time. The more the media talks about it, the more of it we will consume, reading about how ridiculous it is, who has been fired; waiting in anticipation on what the next most rediculous claim will be.
sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

Jlabute wrote:... Those who make these ground-less accusations should be banned on twitter and other social media outlets.

...and those in positions of authority who cave to all the BS should be the ones to get cancelled - the limp wristed :cuss:
Last edited by ferri on Jul 6th, 2020, 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Word censor workaround.
The adventure continues...

No good story ever started with; "So i stayed home."
common_sense_guy
Übergod

Post by common_sense_guy »

It's nice to know I'm not the only one that thinks it's getting a little out of hand by the social justice Warriors and all the corporations caving to anything. And that's exactly the reason why everything's going to backfire on the whole movement.
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

In and of itself, his question is not "racial" but it does point to the racist behaviors of many celebrities in the past who have been taken to task over their spoofing of black people in the name of comedy.

I say racist behaviors because that is what it is being labeled in and by the media. They do it to stir the pot, not to show how "woke" they are as people.

I dislike the word "offensive" today because it is overused by people who find offense in virtually everything. It's such an easy thing to say and it elicits emotional responses from those who are in the proximity and who wonder what it was they missed.

Likely, nothing.

He, Mr. lawman, is a moronn because he used SM to say a "bad word" to see if he would get called on it. No real or intellectual reason for it, just testing the waters.

And now he will be "erased" by the socially conscious machine who govern all.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
ajoker

Post by ajoker »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jul 10th, 2020, 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic

Post by 1092 »

Its so bad now with blm and every thing else going on. If people cannot have a sense of humour...how about this let black companies hire only blacks and white companies hire only whites. After all there are about 23 BLACK ONLY COLLEGES, MISS BLACK AMERICA BLACK ONLY TV PROGRAMMES, This will soon stop all these accusations of racism!!!!

Return to “Kamloops”