How come Jesus failed every single Messianic prophecy?

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
capleton
Banned

How come Jesus failed every single Messianic prophecy?

Post by capleton »

According to the OT, the Messiah will

-Build the Third Temple (Ezekiel 37:26-28). Didn't happen
-Gather all Jews back to the Land of Israel (Isaiah 43:5-6). Didn't happen
-Usher in an era of world peace, and end all hatred, suffering and disease. (Isaiah 2:4) Didn't happen.
-Spread universal knowledge of the God of Israel, which will unite humanity as one.(Zechariah 14:9). Definitely didn't happen.
-Will be a descendant of King David. Jesus was not

Seems to me that Jesus is just another one of the countless failed Messiah's that was common at the time.
cb0208

Re: How come Jesus failed every single Messianic prophecy?

Post by cb0208 »

When I was little and bullies came running after me, the only thing to ward them off was for me to play dead. I would drop down on the ground. They would pull at me and try to hurt me, but it wasn't any fun for them because there was no response lying on the ground like that limp.

You ask a question that shows evidence on a human level. And I assume no one answers this question for that very reason. That is like saying how can love affect my family who I haven't talked to for years? Well, it would appear that if you haven't talked to ones family for years that love has failed in your family.

The truth is love is something that goes beyond borders and reason, beyond a human understanding, love is the very truth behind all veils that keep what is true hidden and what hides from those who cannot move past any relationship because love is something that isn't tangible it is something we are able to give and receive. What is failure to the eyes of those who only see it for what is in front of us can never see the truth for what is inside of us.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I find it very weird certain posters are obsessed about religion, even though they claim not to be a believer of said religion.

Guess what I leave religious people alone to do their thing, surprising thing happens they leave me alone to do my thing.
Wow what a wild concept, should try it.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

I find it odd that someone will claim that a small subset of Messianic prophecies is "every single Messianic prophecy".
You and 71 others Like this post
capleton
Banned

Post by capleton »

LANDM wrote:I find it odd that someone will claim that a small subset of Messianic prophecies is "every single Messianic prophecy".

I listed the most important ones, a Jewish person told me if Messiah claimant does not fulfill All of them then he isn't the Messiah. I find it odd that you were unable to list a single one that Jesus fulfilled.
Last edited by capleton on Aug 9th, 2020, 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
capleton
Banned

Post by capleton »

GordonH wrote:I find it very weird certain posters are obsessed about religion, even though they claim not to be a believer of said religion.

Guess what I leave religious people alone to do their thing, surprising thing happens they leave me alone to do my thing.

So I shouldn't discuss religion in the religion forum? That is somewhat odd. Religion effects society so saying it shouldn't be criticized or discussed is ridiculous.
capleton
Banned

Post by capleton »

cb0208 wrote:When I was little and bullies came running after me, the only thing to ward them off was for me to play dead. I would drop down on the ground. They would pull at me and try to hurt me, but it wasn't any fun for them because there was no response lying on the ground like that limp.

You ask a question that shows evidence on a human level. And I assume no one answers this question for that very reason. That is like saying how can love affect my family who I haven't talked to for years? Well, it would appear that if you haven't talked to ones family for years that love has failed in your family.

The truth is love is something that goes beyond borders and reason, beyond a human understanding, love is the very truth behind all veils that keep what is true hidden and what hides from those who cannot move past any relationship because love is something that isn't tangible it is something we are able to give and receive. What is failure to the eyes of those who only see it for what is in front of us can never see the truth for what is inside of us.

What does love have to do with this?
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:I find it very weird certain posters are obsessed about religion, even though they claim not to be a believer of said religion.

capleton wrote:So I shouldn't discuss religion in the religion forum? That is somewhat odd. Religion effects society so saying it shouldn't be criticized or discussed is ridiculous.

Keep religious stuff in this category.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

There are 100's of prophesies Jesus fulfilled and I am familiar with the details of them and also what some critics have claimed,Always the critics have based their statements on someone elses faulty premise. So believers don't want to play your game of whack a mole.. There will always be a critic or something on Google you can find to say , no its not true and then what? We are to show you how that critic has based their findings on a faulty idea from someone else and then on to the next mole? So I won't be playing.....Enjoy your religious discussions that you are so interested in.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
youjustcomplain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by youjustcomplain »

GordonH wrote:Keep religious stuff in this category.

Though I don't agree with Capletons methods, he is talking about religion in the religion forum. He, in his way, is tossing out a challenge to believers to have a discussion, albeit aggressive and hostile, about their faith. I don't see this as anything he shouldn't do.

I don't think he'll get any value out of any discussion when he approaches the conversation with such hostility. As Hmmm seems to put things, he/she has his/her own way of viewing things and feels no need to defend it to him or anyone else. It's too bad because it doesn't help close the understanding gap, but I suspect many people of faith have little desire to defend it. This is why I started the thread about why people believe and I tried to not attack people for their belief or disbelief.
capleton
Banned

Post by capleton »

youjustcomplain wrote:
GordonH wrote:Keep religious stuff in this category.

Though I don't agree with Capletons methods, he is talking about religion in the religion forum. He, in his way, is tossing out a challenge to believers to have a discussion, albeit aggressive and hostile, about their faith. I don't see this as anything he shouldn't do.

I don't think he'll get any value out of any discussion when he approaches the conversation with such hostility. As Hmmm seems to put things, he/she has his/her own way of viewing things and feels no need to defend it to him or anyone else. It's too bad because it doesn't help close the understanding gap, but I suspect many people of faith have little desire to defend it. This is why I started the thread about why people believe and I tried to not attack people for their belief or disbelief.

I have asked this question to the Christian preachers who came to my house, they didn't think it was hostile and it is a good thing to challenge believers. I wish more atheists challenged me when I was a believer. Do you think no one should ever challenge religon? I don't agree especially when religon causes so much harm In the world.
Last edited by capleton on Aug 10th, 2020, 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

capleton wrote:I have asked this question to the Christian preachers who came to my house, they didn't think it was hostile and it is a good thing to challenge believers. I wish more atheists challenged me when I was a believer. Do you think no one should ever challenge religon? I don't agree

Everyone should challenge everything. It doesn't matter if it is beliefs, religion, conspiracies, or science.

Science is challenged constantly, even by it's own believers. If they didn't,we would still believe that the moon is made out of cheese and that the speed of sound can ever be broken.

Those that are of single minded faith, have just quit after they came up with the answer that works into their beliefs.
Bring back the LIKE button.
capleton
Banned

Post by capleton »

Hmmm wrote:There are 100's of prophesies Jesus fulfilled and I am familiar with the details of them and also what some critics have claimed,Always the critics have based their statements on someone elses faulty premise. So believers don't want to play your game of whack a mole.. There will always be a critic or something on Google you can find to say , no its not true and then what? We are to show you how that critic has based their findings on a faulty idea from someone else and then on to the next mole? So I won't be playing.....Enjoy your religious discussions that you are so interested in.

Cool, a non answer with no examples. I was expecting as much.
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

^^^^. First I’ll ask you if you think Jesus even lived and is a historical person? Next, if he did live, when was he born? If you don’t believe he was a real person who lived in the first century CE than you will never except any prophecy he may or may not have fulfilled. What source of evidence would you except? Since much of his life and ministry is only recorded in the Bible? Would you except anything from the Bible as proof? I suspect no. Do you believe that first century christians were severely persecuted for their faith?

Let’s start with some base you would or wouldn’t except. I doubt we could even start but let’s we how sincere you really are...
Last edited by Hmmm on Aug 12th, 2020, 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

capleton wrote:
LANDM wrote:I find it odd that someone will claim that a small subset of Messianic prophecies is "every single Messianic prophecy".

I listed the most important ones, a Jewish person told me if Messiah claimant does not fulfill All of them then he isn't the Messiah. I find it odd that you were unable to list a single one that Jesus fulfilled.

I’m not the one that made a claim. I simply refuted yours in a short and simple way. It’s not up to me to try and prove your claim.

I take particular comfort in Adverbs 3:6-8.
"Gibea did buryeth bushels of incense and was vain in the eyes of the Lord thy God."
You and 71 others Like this post

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”