A light up the mountain across the lake from Trepanier

A potpourri of off-topics.
ampeg

Light on mountain

Post by ampeg »

What is this light?

Only comes on at night, in a part of the okanagan mountain park where theres no developments

Its solid, not blinking and not at the top. Say directly across from the cove resort.

Any idea? Purely asking out of genuine curiosity. Might have to go for a hike here!!
common_sense_guy
Übergod

Re: Light on mountain

Post by common_sense_guy »

Aliens from another planet calling to you trying to get you to hike out there so they can probe you
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.
ampeg

Post by ampeg »

Hahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahshshshs
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

common_sense_guy wrote:Aliens from another planet calling to you trying to get you to hike out there so they can probe you

ampeg wrote:Hahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahshshshs

I agree.
:spitcoffee: :spitcoffee: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :yahoo: :yahoo: :popcorn:
Bring back the LIKE button.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

There are cell towers on the mountain.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Boosted632
Banned

Post by Boosted632 »

Theres an old hippy commune up there all off the grid they've been up there forever
I wouldn't Have to manage my anger if people could learn to manage their STUPIDITY
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

If they're off the grid where's the light coming from that they need to have on all night?
common_sense_guy
Übergod

Fancy wrote:If they're off the grid where's the light coming from that they need to have on all night?

Off-grid merely means they're not connected to paid for hydro. Many people have solar lights and you can always throw the generator on when you want some really bright lights
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Maybe someone stuck some cheap solar lights on the mountain.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

common_sense_guy wrote:Off-grid merely means they're not connected to paid for hydro. Many people have solar lights and you can always throw the generator on when you want some really bright lights

lol - I know what off grid means. You think hippies are going to throw on a generator with a huge light visible for an all nighter? I don't think so.
common_sense_guy
Übergod

Fancy wrote:
common_sense_guy wrote:Off-grid merely means they're not connected to paid for hydro. Many people have solar lights and you can always throw the generator on when you want some really bright lights

lol - I know what off grid means. You think hippies are going to throw on a generator with a huge light visible for an all nighter? I don't think so.
ummm yes when they really need it. Just because they may be hippies you don't think they would have a few things for luxury or emergency?. Doesn't cost very much to run a generator. I know more than a couple people that live off-grid but they all have a generator. Actually I would think it would be a very very small percentage that live off-grid don't have a generator
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

common_sense_guy wrote:ummm yes when they really need it.

I have a generator - I know I don't want it running all night just to run a light - every single night....
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

There's a repeater up there.
Boosted632
Banned

Post by Boosted632 »

Fancy wrote:If they're off the grid where's the light coming from that they need to have on all night?

They all have this new thing called solar power you should look into it one guy even gets his power from the wind imagine that and they all have generators as well. Theres also these new things out called led lights that use next to nothing for power hard to believe buts its true. Never seen a cell tower or a repeater station with a white light on it a red one yes white one no.
I wouldn't Have to manage my anger if people could learn to manage their STUPIDITY
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I have solar panels too. I wouldn't want a light on all night - every night either.

Return to “Grab Bag”