Mother, can you spare a dime? Freeland flat broke

jimmy4321
Guru

Re: Mother, can you spare a dime? Freeland flat broke

Post by jimmy4321 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Aug 24th, 2020, 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I don't see the problem here. While I probably agree more with Bill Morneau politically than Freeland, the super rich Morneau lost the right to hold the position because of his appalling handling of We.

Also, imagine if you will that the future conservative finance Minister is like most Canadians and needs to co-sign to purchase a 1.3 million dollar home. Would it be right for the opposition to say the person cannot hold the job for this reason?
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Gilchy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Gilchy »

Glacier wrote:I don't see the problem here. While I probably agree more with Bill Morneau politically than Freeland, the super rich Morneau lost the right to hold the position because of his appalling handling of We.

Also, imagine if you will that the future conservative finance Minister is like most Canadians and needs to co-sign to purchase a 1.3 million dollar home. Would it be right for the opposition to say the person cannot hold the job for this reason?

Well said. There are many, many things the Liberals can and should be criticized on, byt Freeland buying a house 7 years ago with the assistance of her parents is not one of them (could say it was a prudent financial move considering what TO real estate has done since).
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Glacier wrote:I don't see the problem here. While I probably agree more with Bill Morneau politically than Freeland, the super rich Morneau lost the right to hold the position because of his appalling handling of We.

Agreed, Glacier.

What ought to be of concern to all of us is whether or not Freeland is likely to have a solid enough grasp of finances, the real drivers of the Canadian economy, and the real pressures on those drivers and the economy, to be able to withstand being manipulated. IMO, she may have quite a good grasp of economic drivers and pressures from her time negotiating the North American trad deals. Whether or not someone co-signed her mortgage in 2013 isn't much of an indicator of her financial acumen.

Going strictly on the condescending and supercilious tone she took in parroting Trudeau's nonsense "the Trudeau government took on the debt so Canadians wouldn't have to" - like the party will somehow take it with them when they're no longer the government? :crazy: - and her ever-so-sanctimonious mewlings about how the pandemic gives us an opportunity to restart the economy with a heavier emphasis than ever on climate change, willingly or out of blind naivete Freeland will be nothing more than a puppet for the global agenda. So far, she is behaving like a ventriloquist's dummy, and in this case she is sitting on a ventriloquist's dummy's knee. It's a shell game with the PMO as the ventriloquist in control, and they have proven their priorities are serving the party and their willing allegiance to the global agenda at the expense of Canada.

Freeland surely knows the PMO will not tolerate anyone who interferes while they throw Canada under the bus for their global agenda. So whether she has enough understanding or enough integrity to say "this is wrong" remains to be seen. I won't hold my breath - it seems unlikely to me they would have put her in that position if they weren't sure her first loyalty is to the party.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Pete Podoski
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Pete Podoski »

Canada's next Finance Minister, Pierre Poilievre, already has a house in his riding.

Your point is moot.
Be sure to read Justin Trudeau's new autobiography: Sunny Day Sketches of a Small Mind
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

removed
Last edited by Catsumi on Sep 2nd, 2020, 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off topic, wrong thread
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

:135: :topic:
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Pete Podoski
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Pete Podoski »

Maybe Freeland's mom has a couple of trillion dollars lying around to finance her crazy spending plans.

We've gone from a guy who was skimming a few bucks for himself (which is completely egregious in itself) to a flat broke lunatic with no financial acumen that is plunging Canada into third world staus.
Be sure to read Justin Trudeau's new autobiography: Sunny Day Sketches of a Small Mind
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Flat Broke Freeland gets BUSTED pretending to wear a mask.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=310820677284711
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Chrystia Freeland when she was a young girl on Halloween 45 years ago........

Mother......."we have no makeup.......just go as a witch."

45 years later.........."damn, I'm out of makeup........I'll just go to work as a natural butt-ugly witch again."
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Feb 5th, 2022, 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Wrong thread for this post.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Bsuds wrote: Aug 23rd, 2020, 9:13 am Well considering her "job" is in politics and she could lose that job at any time I would suspect whoever is doing the mortgage is just covering their Butts.

Smart move on their part IMO.
Further too, females tend to have a more difficult time getting even a loan.

Maybe, hopefully who ever denied her has a crystal ball.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Pete Podoski wrote: Sep 3rd, 2020, 8:21 am Maybe Freeland's mom has a couple of trillion dollars lying around to finance her crazy spending plans.

We've gone from a guy who was skimming a few bucks for himself (which is completely egregious in itself) to a flat broke lunatic with no financial acumen that is plunging Canada into third world staus.
Dig deeper she might have been doing lectures with Maggy. She might be wealthier then you think!!!
Catri
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Catri »

Seems a tad early for pre-emptive Freeland vilification campaigning, doesn’t it? I mean, the Liberal leader post may well not open up for her for years yet. Still I suppose when negativity is all you’ve got it doesn’t hurt to get an early start,
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Catri wrote: Feb 7th, 2022, 7:37 pm Seems a tad early for pre-emptive Freeland vilification campaigning, doesn’t it? I mean, the Liberal leader post may well not open up for her for years yet. Still I suppose when negativity is all you’ve got it doesn’t hurt to get an early start,

Take it as a joke!! She is however the Minister of Finance is she not?

She needs to go to Justins and pick a pail of $1,000.00 off that tree.

Return to “Canada”