Selling pot in Vernon after legalization

weedlover

Re: Selling pot in Vernon after legalization

Post by weedlover »

dontrump wrote:what i find appalling is the fact after 2 years of legalization the government has done very very little to combat and shut down the illicit black market of cannibis ? before one could read a new story at least once a week of a busted grow op at various places in BC and now still over 50% of all dope(weed) sales nationally are still purchased from illegal growers and distributers

Part of the reason that it is hard to shut down the legal market is you have legal shops like Black Crow Cannabis that also have an illegal online store that sells only the illegal products
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

unless they drop the price to about $4 a gram the black market will never take a hit or go away
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

bb49 wrote:
dontrump wrote:what i find appalling is the fact after 2 years of legalization the government has done very very little to combat and shut down the illicit black market of cannibis ? before one could read a new story at least once a week of a busted grow op at various places in BC and now still over 50% of all dope(weed) sales nationally are still purchased from illegal growers and distributers

Well we've got a mini-grow op next to us. Third year in a row our neighbour has been growing it.
He has 8 to 12 plants in his backyard and they are stinking out our backyard and sometimes our house. Today the stench was horrible. We couldn't stay outside long and had to close all the windows tonight.
I'm at my wits end as to what to do. I'm hesitant to report him to the police as it's likely I'm the only neighbour that can see his little grow op, so he'll know who did it.

there is always weed killer [icon_lol2.gif]
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

the truth wrote:unless they drop the price to about $4 a gram the black market will never take a hit or go away

actualy there are some low grade weeds for sale out there at 4$ G plus tax even so to grow 2.2 lbs in a old building somewhere and sell it for $1365 LB based on $3 gram is huge money for a illicit operation
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

dontrump wrote:
the truth wrote:unless they drop the price to about $4 a gram the black market will never take a hit or go away

actualy there are some low grade weeds for sale out there at 4$ G plus tax even so to grow 2.2 lbs in a old building somewhere and sell it for $1365 LB based on $3 gram is huge money for a illicit operation

That would depend upon overhead and risk.

The last time I checked, it cost $35/mth for electricity, the risk of being caught and lawyer fees for defense, cost of equipment for the original set-up and nutrients during grow and bloom.

Then, one would have to have an "old building" away from neighbours.
Then, someone would be needed for 24/7 security to prevent getting ripped off.
etc, etc, etc......

In conclusion; It is still a risky/expensive business to be involved in.
I have left out things like; #of plants/yield of finished product.
Insects/mold, bad taste, marketing, delivery, payment, explaining where all the cash has come from.

RENT/RESALE......if you are to rent, the landlord has the right to inspect the property every 30 days.
If a house has been used as a grow-op, when sold, the banks and CMHC will not be involved in the mortgage, but the health authorities will be very interested in the air quality and the potential for hidden mold. Try and get insurance on a "previous grow-op".
Bring back the LIKE button.
weedlover

Post by weedlover »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Sep 11th, 2020, 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Potentially libelous
ajoker

Post by ajoker »

There are currently $99 ounces being sold at the BC Cannabis Store.

Return to “North Okanagan”