Toni Boot NDP candidate in next provincial election

Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Re: Summerland mayor running for NDP

Post by Anonymous123 »

the truth wrote:https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-310772-21-.htm#310772. bad move ndp

Feel free to step up.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
Drip_Torch
Guru

Re: Toni Boot NDP candidate in next provincial election

Post by Drip_Torch »

fluffy wrote:
Drip_Torch wrote:I'm going to suggest it is as fair as it was for Mayor Dan Ashton and Councilor Tarik Sayeed.

That was being talked about locally, didn't Dan Ashton take an unpaid leave of absence while he campaigned ? Can't remember what Sayeed did.

Ms. Boot will have her work cut out for her. If Dan runs again it will be his third term, and he has been pretty much scandal free. I think he has some respect among voters in Penticton while Ms. Boot has already raised a few eyebrows, and not in a good way.

I think you're completely right about that fluffy and I recall Dan paid the costs of the by-election out of his own pocket too.

About the only thing I remember about Tarik is he once showed up at a council meeting in the form of an ipad, or a computer monitor. I can't tell you who lost interest quicker after that. Was it him in being a councilor, or me in seeing him continue as a councilor?
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

fluffy wrote:
pentona wrote:She should be forced to resign (no L.O.A.'s) or fulfil the full municipal term.

If she runs provincially and loses she'll be in an unenviable spot resuming her position as Mayor, having to explain how she was ready to drop the job and run. In any event she likely wouldn't make it through another election in Summerland.

says alot about who she really is. she is a :cuss:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
RandyDandy
Fledgling

Post by RandyDandy »

If memory serves, I seem to recall that when Dan Ashton left Penticton council for the Liberals, he obtained a leave of absence
AND paid for a by-election out of his own pocket. I think it would be asking too much of Boot to demonstrate similar class.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

she has made it very clear everything is about her, remember that come vote time people
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
watchd0g

Post by watchd0g »

indianlarry66 wrote:what does the Trump part mean to you ? Do you think Trump does not tell the truth ? And how does he relate to this John and this Horvath people you speak of ?

I don't believe anyone would not understand the inference so I suspect you have an ulterior motive in asking, but....

:up: it is the shared traits of opportunistic, elitist and absolute lack of integrity.

J. Trump Hargrove is poised to exploit a pandemic for power instead of him and his puppets like Dr Bonnie staying on course spending their time and efforts and money(our money) on getting us thru this calamity.

Clear enough?
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

watchd0g wrote:Clear enough?

Not really. Who are Horvath and Hargrove ?
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

cyruslosco66
Banned

Post by cyruslosco66 »

watchd0g wrote:
indianlarry66 wrote:what does the Trump part mean to you ? Do you think Trump does not tell the truth ? And how does he relate to this John and this Horvath people you speak of ?

I don't believe anyone would not understand the inference so I suspect you have an ulterior motive in asking, but....

:up: it is the shared traits of opportunistic, elitist and absolute lack of integrity.

J. Trump Hargrove is poised to exploit a pandemic for power instead of him and his puppets like Dr Bonnie staying on course spending their time and efforts and money(our money) on getting us thru this calamity.

Clear enough?

No sorry . I do not know who those people are . Are you upset BC is not in a total lockdown ?

I also do not understand all the free advertising this lady is getting if no one likes her . It seems self
defeating . :135:
m4a ubi free palestine wear a mask support your local first nation band
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

watchd0g wrote:

Clear enough?

B86E9A83-1907-4C02-A99B-F8A703D35DC4.jpeg
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
smoky500
Fledgling

Post by smoky500 »

apparently another candidate (Doug Holmes) had filed nomination papers but they did not have any vote by members to select their representative, the Provincial executive wanted Ms. Boot
pentona
Übergod

Post by pentona »

smoky500 wrote:apparently another candidate (Doug Holmes) had filed nomination papers but they did not have any vote by members to select their representative, the Provincial executive wanted Ms. Boot

It may have been a mistake to select Toni Boot over Doug Holmes (and with no party vote on it) due to the conflict that she created with the retailer in Summerland this year. Grandstanding it was; no question, but it may bite her and the party in the you know where.
Pete Podoski
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Pete Podoski »

I don't think Dan Ashton has to worry too much about the N.D.P.'s candidate, as Dan is a solid performer, hard worker, and well-respected fellow.

But Boot's apparent grandstanding for political gain won't sit well with constituents. People aren't usually fooled by publicity stunts and this one is so obvious to make it an insult to people's intelligence.

And I agree that she should step down from the Mayor's chair if she wants to play with the big kids. I see it as a clear conflict of interest and a breach of fiduciary duty to the people of Summerland.
Be sure to read Justin Trudeau's new autobiography: Sunny Day Sketches of a Small Mind
0gopogo
Fledgling

NDP....the un-democratic party

Post by 0gopogo »

So much for democracy, Doug Holmes didn't even have a chance. :-X

http://www.pentictonherald.ca/news/arti ... PbK17Pb6aE
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

I've never liked Dan Ashton, he did a few strange things when he was mayor of Penticton.

I guess, he'll get my vote this time, because I'm sure not voting for Tony Boot.

There needs to be some electoral laws set out for civic leaders that at mid term run provincially of federally.

I have to say Ashton did that part the right way.

Provincially, Boot won't get in, that's a given. Now, come October 2022, if she runs for mayor again, a) even without the NDP run, she was doubtful to be elected. b) with the NDP run and her shenanigans with the confederate bandana, a ham sandwich could beat her.

I hope at one of the all candidates meetings (I guess they will be on line ?) someone poses the question to her : "If you don't get a provincial seat, will you fall back and run for mayor of Summerland again in October 2022 ?"
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"

Return to “BC Provincial Elections 2020”