Toni Boot NDP candidate in next provincial election

JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Re: Toni Boot NDP candidate in next provincial election

Post by JagXKR »

fluffy wrote:So it is still out there then. The internet can be a pretty big place when it comes to sweeping up a mess. :)

Not only out there but if needed it is on some hard drives. :biggrin:
Saved for posterity.

Also here:

https://blackpress.tv/video.php?id=45714
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

JagXKR wrote:
fluffy wrote:So it is still out there then. The internet can be a pretty big place when it comes to sweeping up a mess. :)

Not only out there but if needed it is on some hard drives. :biggrin:
Saved for posterity.

Also here:

https://blackpress.tv/video.php?id=45714

She could have at least done something useful with the flags. How about turning them into masks?
My wife I looked over my shoulder while I watched thst video, and commented,
Is she a black Karen?
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
cyruslosco66
Banned

Post by cyruslosco66 »

Still giving this woman , which most the people posting about her seem to not like , free publicity ? :135:
m4a ubi free palestine wear a mask support your local first nation band
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

ya the more people know what a fake :cuss: she is the better
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
RandyDandy
Fledgling

Post by RandyDandy »

Did she really say "I'm the mayor and I can do whatever I want". How many people want this person representing them in Victoria? An old friend, Richard Johnston from Summerland, now a UBC Political Scientist, says that the NDP stand a good chance of winning a majority in the election next month. I would suggest now is not the time to be complacent about outcomes. She may be a baddie in our local books but elsewhere she is known as a black woman fighting against racism. Wow! Rally the troops!
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

In the riding she is in, she has two chances of winning. Slim and none.

I actually voted for her. I won't make that mistake again.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

RandyDandy wrote:Did she really say "I'm the mayor and I can do whatever I want". How many people want this person representing them in Victoria? An old friend, Richard Johnston from Summerland, now a UBC Political Scientist, says that the NDP stand a good chance of winning a majority in the election next month. I would suggest now is not the time to be complacent about outcomes. She may be a baddie in our local books but elsewhere she is known as a black woman fighting against racism. Wow! Rally the troops!

she is known for fighting racism you say :200:

more like she is causing and spreading racism
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
old boy
Fledgling

Post by old boy »

She is the one that caused the "racism issue" for the publicity of herself,as she didnt get a mention when it came to the
'real racism issue" in Summerland,with regard to the graffiti damage done on an orchardists home!! She created this all on her own,got the attention of John Horrible,not that it is difficult to do so!! She has done nothing for Summerland in the past 6 years on Council other than collect a pay cheque!! Mind you she is 1 of 5 that continue to do the same thing !!
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

if she really wants to sit in the legislator in the near future, I think she would best be moving to a more NDP friendly riding.
With NDP's you have to be this gender or this race after a white guy steps down, she would be a shoe-in pretty much anywhere on the island.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

seewood wrote:With NDP's you have to be this gender or this race after a white guy steps down, she would be a shoe-in pretty much anywhere on the island.

It’s going to be interesting to see what kind of a vote count she can manage. Personally, I don’t think she’ll be able to unseat Dan, but stranger things have happened. Penticton did elect an NDP MP federally, but like Dan, he was fairly well known and respected. I wouldn’t call what Ms. Boot has gained in the public eye as “respect” as much as “notoriety”.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

old boy wrote:She is the one that caused the "racism issue" for the publicity of herself,as she didnt get a mention when it came to the
'real racism issue" in Summerland,with regard to the graffiti damage done on an orchardists home!! She created this all on her own,got the attention of John Horrible,not that it is difficult to do so!! She has done nothing for Summerland in the past 6 years on Council other than collect a pay cheque!! Mind you she is 1 of 5 that continue to do the same thing !!

Feel free to throw your hat in the ring. Do some good for Summerland.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Or... as Boot was described in a certain media outlet : "Challenger Boot, who was in the news this summer for taking a forceful stance against confederate flags in her community, said she is eager for the campaign."

"Forceful stance",,, or "outrageous political sideshow, victimizing a hard working tax paying local merchant". Interesting interpretation of Boot's shenanigans cutting up bandanas in front of the Your Dollar Store.

As former premier Bill Vander Zalm described his own biased media coverage, unlike Boot's biased positive, his negative : "If I took my dog down to the lake and it walked on the water, the headlines would read 'Vander Zalm's dog can't swim' "
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

I got a definite sense of bias from that article as well, but it’s getting easier and easier to see past that these days. If you ignored every media outlet that showed bias there wouldn’t be many left. You just need to learn how to dig for relevant info. This is especially true in politics, and while this election likely won’t stoop to the lows we see in our neighbour to the south it’s still wise to hold a healthy degree of skepticism. If you really want the drama, social media is the place to go.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

It's a solidly Liberal riding. Who the NDP runs is kind of irrelevant.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

gordon_as wrote:It's a solidly Liberal riding. Who the NDP runs is kind of irrelevant.

There is a possibility that the powers that be within the NDP party share that feeling and that running a woman/minority member is just window dressing. It has been stated that one of the forces driving their choice was to show diversity within their slate of candidates.

Return to “BC Provincial Elections 2020”