Joe Biden Discussion

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Joe Biden

Post by The Green Barbarian »

A year ago or so, the signs were already there. What were the Dems thinking???

Joe Biden assures voters he's 'not going nuts' during campaign stop

2020 presidential hopeful Joe Biden continued his string of gaffes at a campaign stop in New Hampshire on Friday, where he had to reassure the crowd that he wasn't losing his mind.

Biden spoke at the Ivy League college, Dartmouth, several hours before the campaign event, but had trouble remembering the specifics of his surroundings and whether or not he spoke at a medical school.

“I just spoke at Dartmouth on health care, at the medical school — or not — I guess it wasn't actually on the campus but people from the medical school were at the — I want to be clear, I'm not going nuts," he told the crowd.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/joe-biden ... s-campaign
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Biden obviously has dementia and should withdraw from the race

Now Democrats are conspiring to gaslight the American people by engineering the presidential election of a man clearly suffering from dementia, Joe Biden. This is no time to be “polite.” We are talking about the presidency. As always, we need a frank, intelligent discussion and debate about the issues and the candidates. It is perfectly fair to talk about Bernie Sanders’ heart attack as well as Biden’s and Trump’s mental acuity.

Contrary to current ridiculous Democratic talking points, it is not ageist to point this out. One out of seven Americans over the age of 70 suffers from dementia. (Biden is 77.) If it’s ageist to talk about dementia among the elderly, it’s ageist to talk about immaturity among the young.

It is neither necessary nor possible to scientifically determine whether the former vice president has dementia. On the other hand, you don’t need an astronomer to know that the sun rises in the east. If you have encountered dementia, you know Biden has it.

There is so much blame to go around for this BS that I can’t figure out what order to put it in. I’ll go chronologically. There are the Democratic Party bosses who, terrified at the prospect that Sanders might win the nomination, recruited former Vice President Joe Biden out of a comfortable retirement to run yet again.

There is Biden himself. His family should have known better than to allow a campaign by the guy who inspired the headline “Biden allies float scaling back events to limit gaffes.” Not that gaffes are the issue. Or stuttering. Or being old. Many Americans are as old or older than Biden, they stutter, and they’re mentally competent. Biden is not.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/opinion/20 ... draw-race/
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

The polls show that the democrats are not enthusiastic about Joe Biden. I wonder if the few Biden fans have a list in point form for what they love about Biden.

---

https://townhall.com/columnists/eddiezipperer/2020/08/19/is-biden-the-worst-democratic-nominee-in-a-generation-n2574655

This trend is not confined to the CNN poll, it’s showing up everywhere. In the most recent Fox News poll (RV), voters were asked essentially the same question in slightly different words, “Which is the bigger motivation?” Is it “Enthusiasm for your candidate to win” or “Fear the other candidate might win.”

Only 39% of Biden voters answered with enthusiasm for Biden compared with 51% for Trump. When the same question was asked in 2016, Clinton bested Trump 44% to 35%.

In the most recent NBC/WSJ poll (RV)— a poll that shows Biden up by 9 points— Trump topped Biden on this enthusiasm question a tremendous 38 points: 74% to 36%.

In 2016, Clinton and Trump were almost neck and neck in this poll question. Clinton was up 49% to 46%. And— quick side note— that poll showed Clinton leading Trump by 10 points.

In 2012, Obama bested Romney on this question 72% to 35%, and in 2008, Obama bested McCain 81% to 61%.

So what does all this mean? To use a Trumpism, it means that the Democrats aren’t sending us their best people. In 2008, the electricity being generated by Obama was almost inescapable— partially because Obama represented a historic moment for the country, but also because Obama possessed newness, youth, and charisma while at the same time representing a political shift from the perceived failures of the Bush administration.

In 2016, I can remember Hillary Clinton desperately trying to manufacture the old Obama excitement. Unfortunately for her, she was devoid of newness, youth, and charisma. But somehow, she still managed to garner more enthusiasm than Biden.

In 2020, it was plain to anyone who watched Biden “celebrate” his official nomination at the virtual convention that even Biden himself doesn’t seem overly enthusiastic about his candidacy. He displayed about as much exhilaration as one of those cardboard cutouts watching the MLB games. The burning excitement of the “Hope and Change” days are a dot in the Democratic Party’s rearview mirror.

Lack of excitement among Democratic voters is like a Kudzu vine spreading through the polls which otherwise look promising for Biden. The hardest part of winning the presidency is making people excited enough to actively interrupt their lives for a moment in order to vote. It’s easy to see why Democrats—who usually worry about disenfranchisement—are eager to embrace the new vote-by-mail paradigm. They can look at the polling data and see that their candidate isn’t going to inspire people to wait in a line or make a special trip to cast a vote for him.

The bottom line is that Democrats have never been less excited about their nominee. They’re all-in on orange-man-bad-ism being enough to drive turnout in their favor, but an entire generation of presidential elections says it won’t be.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Sep 23rd, 2020, 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Wrong thread for this post.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Sep 23rd, 2020, 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

Jlabute wrote:The polls show that the democrats are not enthusiastic about Joe Biden. I wonder if the few Biden fans have a list in point form for what they love about Biden.

---

https://townhall.com/columnists/eddiezipperer/2020/08/19/is-biden-the-worst-democratic-nominee-in-a-generation-n2574655

This trend is not confined to the CNN poll, it’s showing up everywhere.

Picking one or 2 known conservative poll doesn't mean too much about anything. All it will show is what the conservatives want to see. If one went to a site like the 538, an aggragate polling site from all over the US. Biden is clearly ahead in most polls and Trump is basically at his usual low 40% ish fanatical base driven approval rating. That won't cut it in November. That's Barry Goldwater type epic thumping.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/

Biden even leads voters that don't like their choices. You know.....lesser of 2 evils.

A Monmouth University poll conducted last week found Biden leading Trump by a 50 percent to 41 percent margin among all voters. Among those who view both Biden and Trump unfavorably, Biden leads 59 percent to 17 percent.

A Suffolk University poll that showed Biden with a 50 percent to 40 percent edge among all voters pegged his advantage among those unfavorable voters at 44 percent to 9 percent, while 31 percent said they would vote for a third-party candidate. Given the option of a head-to-head match-up, Biden's advantage expanded to a 55 percent to 17 percent gap.

And a Civiqs poll conducted for the progressive Daily Kos website showed Biden leading Trump among those voters by a 40 percent to 7 percent margin.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4 ... ir-choices
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

This is what happens when someone calls dead American war heros "Suckers and Losers". It usually results in a Republican veteran war hero's widow like Cindy McCain endorsing a Democratic Presidential Candidate Joe Biden. I'd say that's big news and a huge support in a place like Arizona.

Cindy McCain endorses Biden for president in snub to Trump

“He supports the troops and knows what it means for someone who has served,” McCain said in a phone interview. “Not only to love someone who has served, but understands what it means to send a child into combat. We’ve been great friends for many years, but we have a common thread in that we are Blue Star families.”

McCain’s backing could help Biden appeal to Republicans disaffected with the GOP president and give the former vice president a boost in Arizona, a crucial swing state that McCain represented in Congress for 35 years. He’s remained a revered figure since his 2018 death from complications of a brain tumor, particularly with the independent voters whom Biden is courting.

“I decided to take a stand, and hopefully other people will see the same thing. Other women particularly,” McCain said. “You may have to step out of your comfort zone a little bit, but Biden is by far the best candidate in the race.”

McCain said she hasn’t voted for a Democrat since she was 18 and followed the lead of her parents. She remains a registered Republican and has no plans to change, she said.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/09/22/ ... -to-trump/

Is it any wonder numerous life long Republicans are endorsing Joe Biden in this race? I'm thinking not if one were to peak out of the echo chamber and look around them to see what is really going on past all the lying and the misinformation.
liisgo
Lord of the Board

Post by liisgo »

foenix wrote:This is what happens when someone calls dead American war heros "Suckers and Losers". It usually results in a Republican veteran war hero's widow like Cindy McCain endorsing a Democratic Presidential Candidate Joe Biden. I'd say that's big news and a huge support in a place like Arizona.

“He supports the troops and knows what it means for someone who has served,” McCain said in a phone interview. “Not only to love someone who has served, but understands what it means to send a child into combat. We’ve been great friends for many years, but we have a common thread in that we are Blue Star families.”

McCain’s backing could help Biden appeal to Republicans disaffected with the GOP president and give the former vice president a boost in Arizona, a crucial swing state that McCain represented in Congress for 35 years. He’s remained a revered figure since his 2018 death from complications of a brain tumor, particularly with the independent voters whom Biden is courting.

“I decided to take a stand, and hopefully other people will see the same thing. Other women particularly,” McCain said. “You may have to step out of your comfort zone a little bit, but Biden is by far the best candidate in the race.”

McCain said she hasn’t voted for a Democrat since she was 18 and followed the lead of her parents. She remains a registered Republican and has no plans to change, she said.

Is it any wonder numerous life long Republicans are endorsing Joe Biden in this race? I'm thinking not if one were to peak out of the echo chamber and look around them to see what is really going on past all the lying and the misinformation.

Mostly because they just feel they have not succeeded with in their own party and never accomplished much compared to the others. So this is a way to cover that up and make it look like it wasn't your lack of achievements and just move on. You gotta think there is no way anyone would vote for what they can clearly see coming from the Dem's. They have nothing, just rhetoric. Not a bit of merit. Something must be up and it isnt common sense.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

foenix wrote:This is what happens when someone calls dead American war heros "Suckers and Losers". .

Nobody did that.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

foenix wrote:
Is it any wonder numerous life long Republicans are endorsing Joe Biden in this race?

Not really. The McCains and the Bidens have been friends for decades. The establishment politicians on both sides I have no doubt support Biden, as they've known him for almost 50 years. This is no surprise.

Biden himself is actually a really nice man who has been through a lot. Unlike the horrid Killary and the empty suit Obama, he's one of the few Democrats that people generally like. That being said, he's 77 years old and suffering from dementia. His speeches are boring (teleprompter) and uninspiring. The Dems dropped the ball by not gambling on Tulsi Gabbard, and that was a huge mistake.

I'm thinking not if one were to peak out of the echo chamber and look around them to see what is really going on past all the lying and the misinformation.

Exactly, time to look outside your echo-chambers Leftists and Dem lovers. The lies are off the charts. The Atlantic deliberately lying about Trump disparaging the troops was incredibly disgusting.
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

foenix wrote:This is what happens when someone calls dead American war heros "Suckers and Losers". It usually results in a Republican veteran war hero's widow like Cindy McCain endorsing a Democratic Presidential Candidate Joe Biden. I'd say that's big news and a huge support in a place like Arizona.

liisgo wrote:Mostly because they just feel they have not succeeded with in their own party and never accomplished much compared to the others. So this is a way to cover that up and make it look like it wasn't your lack of achievements and just move on. You gotta think there is no way anyone would vote for what they can clearly see coming from the Dem's. They have nothing, just rhetoric. Not a bit of merit. Something must be up and it isnt common sense.

*removed* Joe Biden and the Dems have a lot of work to do once they get in undoing all the damage the present Administration have and not done. The first order of business for Joe Biden and the Dems will be to tackle the Pandemic and the economic devastation that it caused. It will be a refreshing change to see some logical and sane leadership instead of the chaotic, incoherent and ever changing policies of the present Administraion.
Last edited by ferri on Sep 29th, 2020, 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

*removed*

1990 Getting there
2003 Hang on almost there.
2020 NOW HE’S READY TO FIX THE COUNTRY!!!!![/quote]

Nice guy though.
Last edited by ferri on Sep 29th, 2020, 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to removed post.
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
foenix wrote:
Is it any wonder numerous life long Republicans are endorsing Joe Biden in this race?

Not really. The McCains and the Bidens have been friends for decades. The establishment politicians on both sides I have no doubt support Biden, as they've known him for almost 50 years. This is no surprise.

They were not only friends but she has other reasons to vote for Joe Biden......
Cindy McCain, lifelong Republican, endorsing Biden because ‘he’s the better man’ ............McCain on Wednesday said: ‘Joe Biden represents the kind of values and integrity and courage we want in a president’...........“My husband John lived by a code: country first. We are Republicans, yes, but Americans foremost. There’s only one candidate in this race who stands up for our values as a nation, and that is Joe Biden,”.........."Joe Biden represents the kind of values and integrity and courage we want in a president and I think would have my back as a citizen. I want to feel like my president’s cares about me,”........Cindy McCain on Wednesday said also that the reports of Trump calling fallen American soldiers losers and suckers was “pretty much” the last straw.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... better-man
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

foenix wrote:
They were not only friends but she has other reasons to vote for Joe Biden.....

*removed*

It's concerning that Joe can't even do a TV interview without a teleprompter telling him what to say. Are any of you TDS sufferers concerned about Joe getting killed in the debates? If not, why not? He seems worse than Justin Trudeau when it comes to thinking on his feet, and that's saying something. Will he cheat? Will this be a repeat of 2016 where the Dems get the debate questions in advance?
Last edited by ferri on Sep 29th, 2020, 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Sep 23rd, 2020, 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “World”