16 months to BC election - or this October?

cuba108
Fledgling

Re: 16 months to BC election - or this October?

Post by cuba108 »

Gone_Fishin wrote:
cuba108 wrote:This is a message to the no way am I voting for the NDP. They don’t give a rats :cuss: whether you vote for them. They realize the Okanagan would vote Liberal even if they ran a shaved monkey as a candidate, so save your spew and venom, nobody cares.

So what you're saying is: Okanagan folks are pretty damned smart.

Hardly, what I am saying is the NDP needs to retain the seats they have and gain four more to achieve a majority. Obviously that won’t be anything in the Okanagan with it’s Evangelical and hill billy Conservatives. They will be looking at more articulate ridings that were lost by small margins.

I hardly consider folks who would vote for a shaved monkey as smart.
If no one has died on the table, you have not done enough surgeries.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

cuba108 wrote:

But they're smarter than anyone who votes NDP. They know a shaved monkey has more experience and knowledge about how to run a massive economy like a province than any NDP loser.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

cuba108 wrote:
Hardly, what I am saying is the NDP needs to retain the seats they have and gain four more to achieve a majority. Obviously that won’t be anything in the Okanagan with it’s Evangelical and hill billy Conservatives. They will be looking at more articulate ridings that were lost by small margins.

I love how people who can do math are "hill billies" and people who can't do math, can't govern, can't understand even basic taxation or economic policy, are "articulate". The NDP are the furthest thing from "articulate", or "smart", or "capable". They are a bunch of children. Really really dumb children.

Then you shouldn't hang out in East Vancouver where they voted for the insanely stupid Jenny Kwan many times. Ironically, if the NDP started running shaved monkeys that would be a huge upgrade on their current talent pool of losers they dredge up every election. Just a terrible party from top to bottom. Just yuck.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Les Leyne on the election call:
After six months of the NDP government pounding home a message about the need for total unswerving commitment and “100 per cent, all-in” focus on the biggest emergency in 100 years — COVID-19 — Premier John Horgan has switched gears and called an Oct. 24 election.

The call breaches two written understandings. One is in the law that stipulates a fixed date for elections (the next one was due Oct. 16, 2021). But there was always a workaround, and it’s the clause that recognizes the lieutenant-governor’s power to dissolve parliament any time on the premier’s advice.

A recent Liberal MLA resignation actually temporarily gives them more of a cushion than before. This most polarized province has never been more united this year. The legislature has hung together on every single pandemic issue. All the money requested was approved unanimously. Virtually all the steps taken have been endorsed.

But Horgan said last summer “it became clear to me there is a great divide between the two sides.”
He also noted more than a dozen MLAs want to retire. But so what? They signed up for four-year terms.

In other areas, there were two legislative differences with the Greens on matters of very limited scope. Hardly “instability.”

The NDP could still easily win on Oct. 24. But it would be a victory based on manipulating the extraordinary common commitment that’s arisen in B.C. and using it for their own purpose.

https://www.timescolonist.com/les-leyne ... 1.24207081
cyruslosco66
Banned

Post by cyruslosco66 »

205000 requests for mail in ballots compared to 6700 in 2017.

https://twitter.com/brish_ti/status/130 ... 41216?s=20
m4a ubi free palestine wear a mask support your local first nation band
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

indianlarry66 wrote:205000 requests for mail in ballots compared to 6700 in 2017.

https://twitter.com/brish_ti/status/130 ... 41216?s=20

https://elections.bc.ca/provincial-elec ... requested/

I'm curious as to why. In all my years of voting, the only significant line-ups I've experienced were for municipal elections. There's usually no more than a handful or no line-up at all at the polling places for provincial or federal elections. That's been the case when I lived in northern BC, and down here in the South Okanagan.

What have others experienced?
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

rustled wrote:
I'm curious as to why. In all my years of voting, the only significant line-ups I've experienced were for municipal elections. There's usually no more than a handful or no line-up at all at the polling places for provincial or federal elections. That's been the case when I lived in northern BC, and down here in the South Okanagan.

What have others experienced?

Same thing. Minimal line ups and wait times where I have voted whether it be federal or provincial elections. The only real reason for any difference and change is fear. IT's exactly that same fear that Horgan hopes will get him a majority, we can only hope it doesn't work.

Personally I hope the greens are removed from all seats and only NDP and Liberals get elected so that if we get another minority government we can't have a tiny minority making sleazy deals to gain power. Never mind that good ole deal was tossed out the first chance Jonny got as well huh? Tells you something about him and how he will govern that is certain.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Horgan blew what credibility he'd earned with me over the past three years by calling the election early and blaming the Greens. We now know we can't trust Horgan in any seat of a minority government - even during a time of intense upheaval, he has proven he will not put the best interests of British Columbians before the best interests of his party. So I'm hoping the people who voted NDP last time thinking they would stop Site C and shut down fish farms and generally do much, much more for the far left environmentalists will put a few more Greens in the legislature at the expense of the NDP, giving us a small but viable BC Liberal majority.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Great interview . . . well, Neetu Garcha is great:

https://globalnews.ca/video/7358573/pre ... rgan-1-on1
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Urbane wrote:Great interview . . . well, Neetu Garcha is great:

She did good, considering she was dealing with a slippery weasel.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Carrs Landing Viking
Übergod

Post by Carrs Landing Viking »

Urbane wrote:Great interview . . . well, Neetu Garcha is great:

Horgan looked like he was going to implode. Good job Neetu.
Carrs Landing Viking
Übergod

Post by Carrs Landing Viking »

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/311638 ... ing#311638

Every single British Columbian should be voting for this. Get rid of the most hated tax the NDP brought in.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

cyruslosco66
Banned

Post by cyruslosco66 »

jimmy4321 wrote:I hope this is wrong

https://newsinteractives.cbc.ca/electio ... -columbia/

Most the chatter i see online from a large swath is support for the ndp . I am no fan of Horgan . I am hoping Sonia can win more seats from the Bclibs
m4a ubi free palestine wear a mask support your local first nation band
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

The one to really watch this election is Neetu Garcha!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1309607377981800448

Respect. :up:
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...

Return to “BC Provincial Elections 2020”