No Candidates

JagXKR
Lord of the Board

No Candidates

Post by JagXKR »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/31 ... n-Okanagan

How can this be? Horgan calls an election without candidates to run in the ridings?

The NDPs called the election, but nearly half of the province's ridings don't have an official candidate. Boundary-Similkameen, Kamloops-North Thompson, Kamloops-South Thompson, Kelowna-Lake Country, Kelowna-Mission, Kelowna West, Shuswap and Vernon-Monashee all currently don't have one – Penticton's Toni Boot is the only one in the region who is running as an NDP candidate.

"We will be announcing candidates in all 87 ridings and we are finalizing that list at the moment," says Tim Renneberg, BC NDP Media Relations.

Looks like something was put in motion that wasn't ready.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Re: No Candidates

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Left wingers aren't known for their ability to plan and structure important things like elections and building provinces. They're like a bunch of kids that dream big but have no practical experience on how to make things happen. That simply doesn't work when it comes to things like running a province.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Like rats deserting a sinking ship, many of their MLA's decided not to run this time after seeing the writing on the wall. Why go through the shame of being thrown out of office by an enraged electorate. And in many other ridings, why would anyone step forward to take a whipping at the polls, not to mention revealing themselves to the community as being a leftist?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

bob vernon wrote: not to mention revealing themselves to the community as being a leftist?

This would be highly shameful and embarrassing, no question.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Pete Podoski
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Pete Podoski »

Gone_Fishin wrote:Left wingers aren't known for their ability to plan and structure important things like elections and building provinces. They're like a bunch of kids that dream big but have no practical experience on how to make things happen. That simply doesn't work when it comes to things like running a province.

So you're telling us that a bunch of social activists and union brass don't know their butts from a hole in the ground?

Yeah, I can see that. The N.D.P.'s talent pool is shallow to begin with, and is draining fast as many flee the camp.

Horgan's jumped into the pool before he knew what was in the water. A couple of polls with 1,000 people surveyed across Canada doesn't give him the picture he thought he had about his popularity, or lack thereof.
Be sure to read Justin Trudeau's new autobiography: Sunny Day Sketches of a Small Mind
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

So no platform, and no candidates and yet having an election is a good idea. Seriously people if this isn't enough to show they shouldn't be given 4 years of unmitigated power I don't know what is.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Veovis wrote:So no platform, and no candidates and yet having an election is a good idea. Seriously people if this isn't enough to show they shouldn't be given 4 years of unmitigated power I don't know what is.

Didn't really have a platform last go round either.

What his schtick last election......... oh yeah "Vote for me and we'll figure it out later". [icon_lol2.gif] Must have taken a lot of long grueling days and nights to come up with that platform. :biggrin:

To get candidates I guess he'll just have someone create a roulette wheel with a bunch of BCTF members names on it then throw darts at it.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Democracy is going to suffer as a result of Horgan's reckless election call. In many ridings candidates will be appointed rather than going through the normal democratic procedure of the nominating process and a vote by members. Oh well . . . as long as Horgan gets his majority nothing else matters.
mikest2
Lord of the Board

Post by mikest2 »

Ready...........Fire..............Aim (optional)
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...
Pete Podoski
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Pete Podoski »

oldtrucker wrote:Or Horgan knows that the ridings that don't have a candidate don't have a chance of swinging NDP ( like the Okanagan), so he doesn't care.

He's saying that he isn't concerned about us in the Okanagan.

He's in it for himself.
Last edited by Pete Podoski on Oct 2nd, 2020, 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be sure to read Justin Trudeau's new autobiography: Sunny Day Sketches of a Small Mind
smoky500
Fledgling

Post by smoky500 »

elections BC doesn't have full listings yet, only have NDP for Boundary riding

https://elections.bc.ca/provincial-elec ... date-list/
Carrs Landing Viking
Übergod

Post by Carrs Landing Viking »

Election BC is also sending out blank ballots. What the hell!
https://theprovince.com/news/politics/b ... 9c4f152a07

There is no way I would be getting a mail in ballot.

Total incompetence. :cuss:
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

True NDP. Give us a majority please but dont ask how we can lead....well folks....this is it. No planning, no governing just a hope for unfettered purse strings
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

bob vernon wrote:Like rats deserting a sinking ship, many of their MLA's decided not to run this time after seeing the writing on the wall. Why go through the shame of being thrown out of office by an enraged electorate. And in many other ridings, why would anyone step forward to take a whipping at the polls, not to mention revealing themselves to the community as being a leftist?

What are we all supposed to be enraged about? I think they’ve done a reasonably good job since taking office.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

Mostly, except it was by using the liberal budget for a long time and then listening for the first time to a trained professional.

That isnt ndp winning, and how this election has been set up is actual ndp ability......which is clearly none

Return to “BC Provincial Elections 2020”