Okanagan NDP supporters

fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Okanagan NDP supporters

Post by fluffy »

I’m cautiously optimistic about this election. I have a feeling that Mr. Horgan made the right decision to call an early election from a strategy viewpoint, and that the NDP may well win a majority government. That being said I hope it’s a slim majority and that the opposition has some clout.

I will vote Liberal in my home riding of Penticton because, although I support the provincial NDP in principle, I don’t feel good about their local candidate. She’s not ready for the big leagues in my opinion, and I doubt she will be able to unseat the incumbent.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

maple leaf wrote:West Kelowna has an independent running and there has over the years been much talk on these forums about how we all should vote for independents. Would be better than reelecting useless ben again.

Agree. I have often promoted the idea that having enough independents to produce a swing vote would go a long way for keeping the major parties from getting too cocky. It seems to be a long time coming though.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
maple leaf
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by maple leaf »

fluffy wrote:I’m cautiously optimistic about this election. I have a feeling that Mr. Horgan made the right decision to call an early election from a strategy viewpoint, and that the NDP may well win a majority government. That being said I hope it’s a slim majority and that the opposition has some clout.

I will vote Liberal in my home riding of Penticton because, although I support the provincial NDP in principle, I don’t feel good about their local candidate. She’s not ready for the big leagues in my opinion, and I doubt she will be able to unseat the incumbent.

Actually I think that riding has been NDP a long time ago.
“If I were to remain silent, I’d be guilty of complicity.”
— Albert Einstein__________________________
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

maple leaf wrote:I have lived in the Okanagan for 40+ years and never once have the NDP come close to electing representation from the NDP party in my ridings. This time around the 3 Liberals will probably be voted back in.
So to all the NDP voters, what if instead of voting NDP who will never have a hope in hell of being elected in the Okanagan, we vote for the Conservatives or if no Conservatives running in your riding as the case for West Side Kelowna we vote for the independent. If enough NDP voters did this we could in effect unseat the 3 Liberals who think they are a shoe in and reduce the number of Liberals seats ensuring our end goal of electing a Majority NDP government.
Just throwing that out there.

Just want to know...did you register as a third party sponsor to elections BC? if so you should...pretty much the same statement as Doc's.....but with more words...
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

maple leaf wrote: ensuring our end goal of electing a Majority NDP government.

This made me throw up in my mouth.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

maple leaf wrote:Actually I think that riding has been NDP a long time ago.

I think you’re right, and it has been NDP federally for two terms now.
maple leaf
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by maple leaf »

[/quote]

Just want to know...did you register as a third party sponsor to elections BC? if so you should...pretty much the same statement as Doc's.....but with more words...[/quote]

I have no idea why you would think I should do that in order to have a conversation on strategic voting. You make no sense.
69cutlass
Übergod

Loose nut

Post by 69cutlass »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Letters/3 ... -strategic

And yet another loose nut in the okanagan. If you truly hate our province then by all means vote ndp. Please remember they didn't actually get elected. They gained power by backroom deal with the greens.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Loose nut

Post by Gone_Fishin »

69cutlass wrote:https://www.castanet.net/news/Letters/312573/Let-s-get-strategic

And yet another loose nut in the okanagan. If you truly hate our province then by all means vote ndp. Please remember they didn't actually get elected. They gained power by backroom deal with the greens.

I think that loose nut spun on this thread. See what I did there?

The NDP hearken back to the 1990s when there was a split vote on the center-right. They were able to inflict the most damage possible during that decade of doom. Let's make sure that never happens again.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
maple leaf
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by maple leaf »

NDP supporters,the ideas must be resinating as the righties are freaking out at the prospects of an NDP majority government to continue on with the best government BC has seen for over 20years. They have nothing to offer except the lower standards of ad hominem comments par for the course from them.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

In B.C., John Horgan’s risky election call is being put to the test

Horgan, Canada's only NDP premier, had a governing agreement with the third-place Green Party that vaulted him into power in B.C.'s minority parliament in 2017.

The deal with the Greens — which deposed the Liberals after 16 years in power — stipulated that Horgan would not call another election before October 2021.

But Horgan triggered the snap election one year early, no doubt enticed by opinion polls showing him with a big lead.

That lead appears to be holding up for the NDP. Halfway through the campaign, Horgan seems to be cruising for a majority-government victory.

But British Columbia is a funny place for politics. The pollsters have been spectacularly wrong in the past. And the only thing you can ever expect in a B.C. election campaign is for the unexpected to occur.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/other/com ... &ocid=iehp

It has been said many times but there is only one poll that counts. We’ll find out soon enough if this ploy of calling an early election plays out as expected for Horgan. I fully expect my riding to elect the NDP candidate but we'll see.
69cutlass
Übergod

Post by 69cutlass »

maple leaf
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by maple leaf »

69cutlass wrote:https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/312664/Liberals-accuse-NDP-of-bribing-electorate

Buying votes????

Oh Jas the liberals shill hypocrite, Libs buying votes with tax cuts, giving away ICBC for disgruntled voters, a referendum in Surrey all buying votes.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

maple leaf wrote:
West Kelowna has an independent running and there has over the years been much talk on these forums about how we all should vote for independents. Would be better than reelecting useless ben again.

Why is that?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

maple leaf wrote:NDP supporters,the ideas must be resinating as the righties are freaking out at the prospects of an NDP majority government to continue on with the best government BC has seen for over 20years. .

The NDP is freaking terrible.

Return to “BC Provincial Elections 2020”