Toni Boot NDP candidate in next provincial election

cyruslosco66
Banned

Re: Toni Boot NDP candidate in next provincial election

Post by cyruslosco66 »

Gone_Fishin wrote:The Greens and NDP have decided once again to go with perennial losers in the Okanagan, conceding the seats to the BC Liberals. Basically, Horgan doesn't care about this area so he just finds whatever union thug or social activist he can and sends them out to get embarrassed in the election. Sad.

If one is a Bclib supporter this should be great news . I do not understand the unhappyness of bc's rightwing , it is almost like they want the ndp to win :smt045
m4a ubi free palestine wear a mask support your local first nation band
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

So this is the number 1 reason for me not to vote for Toni.

Grand Chief Stewart Phillip and councillor Joan Phillip of the Penticton Indian Band and the Band's incumbent chief Chad Eneas and contender Joseph Pierre have all thrown their weight behind NDP Boot.

Anything that Stewie is for, I'm against.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton ... dorsements
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

go vote people, give boot the boot people :up:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

I might have considered voting NDP if not for her. Too much of a loose cannon, and not ready for the big leagues in my opinion. In the end I held my nose and went Liberal. I'm of the mind that the NDP are are going to take a majority win and felt that if nothing else the opposition is going to need a voice in case Horgan et.al. get a little too full of themselves.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Boss Mustang
Fledgling

Post by Boss Mustang »

Having just moved here, can someone give a brief list of her accomplishments since being mayor? All I know is that Summerland has the WORST roads in the Okanagan. Like a third world country. Tourists must be impressed.
old boy
Fledgling

Post by old boy »

Boss Mustang wrote:Having just moved here, can someone give a brief list of her accomplishments since being mayor? All I know is that Summerland has the WORST roads in the Okanagan. Like a third world country. Tourists must be impressed.

In answer to your question, she has done absolutely nothing, but add to her credentials as Mayor, setting herself up to run for the Provincial NDP!! About the only real thing that she has done, both in her term as a Councilor and now as Mayor, is to allow excessive hiring of staff at all levels, taking dollars away from some much needed infrastructure work, our badly maintained roads being a prime example of that!!
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

she has spread hate in her community, making summerland look and sound like some small town usa :cuss: give boot the boot people
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
RandyDandy
Fledgling

Post by RandyDandy »

I am very curious as to how Summerlanders will react when she tries to sleaze back in as Mayor. Are we all waiting for her to take on Cannings when a federal writ is dropped? Summerland council...farm team to a higher calling.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

RandyDandy wrote:I am very curious as to how Summerlanders will react when she tries to sleaze back in as Mayor. Are we all waiting for her to take on Cannings when a federal writ is dropped? Summerland council...farm team to a higher calling.

It's pretty much a sure thing that she won't make it through another municipal election. As for taking on Richard Cannings, she'd just be setting herself up for a major embarrassment. Mr. Cannings is well respected among his constituents, has had some significant successes during his terms as MP even without a party in power in Ottawa, and is a man of integrity. Ms. Boot does not play in that league.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

the truth wrote:she has spread hate in her community, making summerland look and sound like some small town usa :cuss: give boot the boot people

She has been at the center of a poop-storm of mixed opinions that's for sure, which makes me wonder about just why the provincial NDP chose her to carry their flag. Penticton is, so far at least, considered a safe Liberal riding. Less than a week from the election, Mr. Wilkinson has yet to visit this riding, choosing instead to focus on ridings in the lower mainland that he sees as threatened, ridings that the NDP need to flip to secure their majority. That tells me he is not worried about losing this riding, that's it's in good hands. Politicians generally hate any kind of scandal, and Ms. Boot stirred up a whopper with her camera stunt in front of a local business. That makes me wonder if the provincial NDP just want her for window dressing, pushing their "diversification" theme. Still, don't count your chickens and all that, it will be worth watching.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

I guess there was some sort of virtual all candidates meeting.

Boot was asked, that if she was elected as the MLA for the riding (ya, right) if she would pay for a byelection as Ashton had done. To which she said she "wasn't in the same socio-economic situation" as Ashton, who paid the cost of the byelection to replace himself in Penticton of $32,000. It's estimated to cost $8,000 to $10,000 for a Summerland byelection. An MLA makes $111,000 plus expenses. Boot is getting $35,845.72 as mayor of Summerland.

Boot's not making many brownie points, is she.

The consensus was that the meeting was overwhelmingly won by Ashton, not much mention of Boot at all.

Come to think of it, I'm guessing the next municipal election for mayor in Summerland, won't be a byelection, it will be a "bye election". Even if a ham sandwich runs against her, my vote goes for the pork.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
CanuckFan
Fledgling

Post by CanuckFan »

Thank goodness she was not voted in. Hopefully, the residents of Summerland will follow suit next election.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

CanuckFan wrote:Thank goodness she was not voted in. Hopefully, the residents of Summerland will follow suit next election.

love it, one less racist in power , way to give boot the boot voters https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton ... -Penticton

Return to “BC Provincial Elections 2020”