Pet Peeves

A potpourri of off-topics.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Pet Peeves

Post by Bsuds »

flamingfingers wrote:My longstanding Pet Peeve is a "News Hour" that has durn near 50 minutes of advertisements!!

And 10 min of the same ol same ol.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

flamingfingers wrote:My longstanding Pet Peeve is a "News Hour" that has durn near 50 minutes of advertisements!!

And when the traffic report comes on, not that I give a damn about Lower Mainland traffic, you get about five seconds of rapid talking about the latest cluster *bleep* and then twenty seconds of the sponsor. :swear:
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Standing inline at Save-On to pay for $2.47 worth of product, the woman in front of me puts her products on the conveyor. After they are through she bags them and then pulls out a wad of scratch tickets to cash in.
And proceeds to scratch those that weren't already scratched. :swear:
After they are cashed in she hums and hahs about which new scratch tickets to buy. :swear:
Gets that out of the way and she slowly puts them into her purse. :swear:
Then she hums and hahs some more about which 649 tickets to buy. :swear:
Then she starts looking in her wallet for whatever card she wants to use to pay for all this. :swear:
Everything is paid for and she pulls out a pen and proceeds to sign them all. :swear:

Some were Scratch For Life tickets. Lady, if you win you won't live long enough to collect :swear: :cuss: :swear:

But one small bit of good came out of this test of my patience. I found the product I wanted and it wasn't made in China. :up:
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

^^^^^^Don't you just hate it when that happens^^^^^^^^

The same happens at the gas station too.
Bring back the LIKE button.
just popping in
Lord of the Board

Post by just popping in »

No Halloween candy on shelves.
No recognition of Remembrance Day.
But lots of Christmas candy. :-X
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Thanks for the reminder. I drove downtown this morning along Lakeshore/Pandosy and only hit 1 red light and it was short.

Promised myself I would buy another ticket.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

^^^Don't worry about forgetting to grab an extra ticket before cut-off when out. Go online and purchase either Lotto Max or 6/49 depending on the day.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Baking shows, either on television or youtube, when they don't bother scraping out the bowl and leave 1/4 of the batter in the bowl. Why bother if you''re going to waste perfectly good ingredients.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

That castanet doesn't have a consumer advocate to assist people who have been ripped off locally by local contractors.
Castanet, you are a local forum, and sometimes bad things happen to people by unscrupulous contractors. The costs associated with dealing with them are often more than the project and they know it. Bad contractors are the shopping cart pushers who steal the cans out of the driveways, no one can do much about it and often the only way for the consumer to "win'" is to give a bad review on Google or Yelp. :cuss:

Come on Castanet, up your game here.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Queen K wrote:That castanet doesn't have a consumer advocate to assist people who have been ripped off locally by local contractors.
Castanet, you are a local forum, and sometimes bad things happen to people by unscrupulous contractors. The costs associated with dealing with them are often more than the project and they know it. Bad contractors are the shopping cart pushers who steal the cans out of the driveways, no one can do much about it and often the only way for the consumer to "win'" is to give a bad review on Google or Yelp. :cuss:

Come on Castanet, up your game here.

https://www.consumerprotectionbc.ca/

I remember Global Vancouver having Olsen on your side
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

That's my whole :cuss: point Gordon, that there is no LOCAL advocate. What does Sean Olson care about what happens to people in the Okanagan Valley? Where there are hundreds of cases that can't even get aired in the Lower Mainland alone?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Queen K wrote:That's my whole :cuss: point Gordon, that there is no LOCAL advocate. What does Sean Olson care about what happens to people in the Okanagan Valley? Where there are hundreds of cases that can't even get aired in the Lower Mainland alone?

Has anyone even tried to contact him or is this just assumption.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

That there is no local avocate is not an assumption, that's the pet peeve.

I have no idea if anyone has tried to contact him. But is there a point to contacting him for an Okanagan problem? Or is he concerned about all of BC? Because at the rate contractors screw over people in this town there needs to be 10 Seans.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Queen K wrote:That there is no local avocate is not an assumption, that's the pet peeve.

I have no idea if anyone has tried to contact him. But is there a point to contacting him for an Okanagan problem? Or is he concerned about all of BC? Because at the rate contractors screw over people in this town there needs to be 10 Seans.

Knowing the amount of cutbacks Global has done over last few years, I highly doubt they will be adding local advocate. I wouldn’t hold your breath with Castanet either.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Personally send Black Friday back to were it started and they can keep it within their borders.
https://www.castanet.net/news/Poll/3175 ... s-weekend-

Return to “Grab Bag”