An interesting Approach to Dealers

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

An interesting Approach to Dealers

Post by Lady tehMa »

Saw this on Facebook, posted by one of my Northern-living friends.

Band harm reduction.jpg

Thoughts?
I haven't failed until I quit.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Re: An interesting Approach to Dealers

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Thoughts? You bet I do.

I wish our communities had the power to do this, post names, cut off power and water. But oh, the whining and crying that would follow.
This is one power the native communities have that I envy.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by stuphoto »

Some communities do control both the water and electricity so they could if they wanted to.
However someone is profiting off it, so they will only throw that switch when forced to.

Personally I would rather leave the water flowing but direct the neighborhood sewer system into the house.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Could be problem if last name of the dealer is either smith or jones
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Lady tehMa wrote:Saw this on Facebook, posted by one of my Northern-living friends.

Band harm reduction.jpg

Thoughts?

i love it................ :smt045 :smt045
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Yeup ... Shut them down completely ...

No power , no water ... NOTHING !

Then bring in the the bulldozers
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by stuphoto »

No Bulldozers,
Clean the dump up and it's perfect for Low Income housing.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

That's a great approach, but it won't work anywhere else besides some small town on the reservation. Because like it or not, but in the real world, these measures would be quickly countered in court. You have to prove somebody is a drug dealer. You have to put them in jail if that's the case, not just kick them out. You have to give them rights, you have to battle them in a legal field.

It's nice to talk about how in the Middle East they cut off hands if somebody is caught stealing and how it supposedly fixes crime (it doesn't). But you can't bring archaic measures as the way to fix a society that is in the 21st century. It's too simplistic, but it makes you feel warm and fuzzy talking about it. Yeah, I wish it was this simple, but it's not.

And I hate drug dealers just like any other guy.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Even Steven wrote:That's a great approach, but it won't work anywhere else besides some small town on the reservation. Because like it or not, but in the real world, these measures would be quickly countered in court. You have to prove somebody is a drug dealer. You have to put them in jail if that's the case, not just kick them out. You have to give them rights, you have to battle them in a legal field.

It's nice to talk about how in the Middle East they cut off hands if somebody is caught stealing and how it supposedly fixes crime (it doesn't). But you can't bring archaic measures as the way to fix a society that is in the 21st century. It's too simplistic, but it makes you feel warm and fuzzy talking about it. Yeah, I wish it was this simple, but it's not.

And I hate drug dealers just like any other guy.

Right, and our current system is working really well. Let's just keep on doing it that way.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

Cutting off utilities gets complicated when there are non-dealing residents in the home, particularly children and seniors. The collateral damage might cause this to do more harm than good.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

JayByrd wrote:Cutting off utilities gets complicated when there are non-dealing residents in the home, particularly children and seniors. The collateral damage might cause this to do more harm than good.

So therefore, it's a coin toss. Either force the seniors and children out, and at the same time give them a better situation, with all of our resources that are available, OR leave them where they are and make them pawns of drug dealers?

A drug dealer lives in a house with seniors and/or children that is using those people as a shield to protect themselves ....
Does that make it OKay for them to continue their illegal and dangerous business? OR does it make for a greater criminal charge when they are arrested?
I don't see anything in the CCC that pertains to living with seniors/children while dealing drugs that constitutes a criminal charge over and above "possession for sale".

YES, arrest them, but add a "no contact order" to their condition of bail, even to the extent of "stay away from the area" of at least 500kms.

In the mean time, support the seniors/children in the household, they are the ones that need it the most.
Bring back the LIKE button.
liisgo
Lord of the Board

Post by liisgo »

Saik’uz First Nation issued a stern warning on Nov. 5 to any community member supporting illegal drug activity from their on-reserve home and said any evidence of such involvement will result in them being banned from 10 different locations.

So, the BC government is financially supporting Native only, court rooms through out BC in the tune of Millions of dollars. The justification from the different tribe representatives is that they are tired of our system not working fairly, properly. That it creates a revolving door policy of crime. A unfair prison occupancy represented by an abundance of native people, etc, etc.
The statement of, Our system of enforcement, punishment, does not work and their system, with their elders at the Helm does.
But now, a complete "wash your own hands" of involvement to your own people needing assistance, help is being thrown out the window. Kicking their people out of their homes, off the reserve's where they live?
Ignoring them, handing them off to the same system you claim doesn't work?
Our system is wrong, unfair, failing, yet now so does yours.
But still the biggest concern out of this is the lack of responsibility to your own.
The hypocrisy of past statements and stances.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

mexi cali wrote:Right, and our current system is working really well. Let's just keep on doing it that way.

Thank you for a simplistic response to a rather complicated discussion.
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

It has some good points, but it's a lot like flushing a toilet. The crud just moves along.
Black Dogs Matter
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Even Steven wrote:
mexi cali wrote:Right, and our current system is working really well. Let's just keep on doing it that way.
Thank you for a simplistic response to a rather complicated discussion.
I'm sorry, do you find this complicated? I think it is in fact simplistic. Problem is, too many people beakin off about charter rights when innocent people are victimized by parasitical doosh bags who don't give a rats behind about the death toll they create.

Those charter rights protect them and where I stand is that, once you have committed a crime serious enough, you remove yourself from said rights, you are free game.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition

Return to “Social Concerns”