Best Value for Winter tires in Kelowna

Business and professional recommendations.
Mark1111
Board Meister

Best Value for Winter tires in Kelowna

Post by Mark1111 »

Just looking for recommendations from recent purchasers...
If you want to test a man's character, give him power.
A. Lincoln
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Best Value for Winter tires in Kelowna

Post by Bsuds »

I have always gotten a fair deal at Quality Tires.
Prices are very similar where ever you go.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Mark1111 wrote:Just looking for recommendations from recent purchasers...

Keep in mind of All Weather Tires, no more need to switch in Fall & Spring.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

A lot depends on how good of tires you want. Better winter tires usually cost more.
Is the value you want in the price of the tire or the job the tire does?

Consumer Reports rates the best in this order,
Bridgestone Blizzak WS90. Rated at 71
Cooper Discoverer True North 70
Hankook Winter i*Cept iZ2 70
Continental WinterContact SI 69
Michelin X-Ice XI3 68
Nokian Hakkapeliitta R3 68

Not a lot of difference between the top six.
I didn't include prices as they were in US dollars.

There are some Chinese winter tires out there that are literally half the price of the above tires, but I have never seen a review of them.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Here's a warning. Michelin has a sale on. A $70 rebate. If you check their sight, it doesn't explain much.

They have a "helpful" list of tire stores. You enter a postal code. Their ad DOESN'T SAY "these are the only stores where we will honor the $70 rebate"

But if you purchase the tires at Costco or Canadian Tire, when you try to apply, their "helpful" site will tell you THEN that they don't honor the rebate at Costco and Canadian Tire.

You've been warned.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Tires made in China...

"Several top global brands such as Michelin (two production plants), Bridgestone (six plants), Goodyear (two plants), Continental (two plants), Pirelli (two plants), Yokohama (three plants), Hankook (four plants), and Kumho (three plants) are present in China through their manufacturing units."

Tough to find NA made tires these days.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Bsuds wrote:Tires made in China...

"Several top global brands such as Michelin (two production plants), Bridgestone (six plants), Goodyear (two plants), Continental (two plants), Pirelli (two plants), Yokohama (three plants), Hankook (four plants), and Kumho (three plants) are present in China through their manufacturing units."

Tough to find NA made tires these days.

Nokian Tyres have production plants in Finland, Russia & US (second plant to be built in US). Couldn’t find any in China.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

GordonH wrote:Nokian Tyres have production plants in Finland, Russia & US (second plant to be built in US). Couldn’t find any in China.

They are a decent brand too. Have them on my new car and had their All Weather on my last one.

Also have them on my F350.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

my5cents wrote:Here's a warning. Michelin has a sale on. A $70 rebate. If you check their sight, it doesn't explain much.

They have a "helpful" list of tire stores. You enter a postal code. Their ad DOESN'T SAY "these are the only stores where we will honor the $70 rebate"

But if you purchase the tires at Costco or Canadian Tire, when you try to apply, their "helpful" site will tell you THEN that they don't honor the rebate at Costco and Canadian Tire.

You've been warned.

Costco has an offering that came out recently for Michelin tires.
Buy four Michelin tires and receive a $100 Costco Shop Card.

Of course they don't advertise the price of the tires but Costco is usually pretty competitive.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

bb49 wrote:
Of course they don't advertise the price of the tires but Costco is usually pretty competitive.

A quick look at their website will give you the price.

Another decent place for prices is Dan's tires.

https://www.danstireservices.com/
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

my5cents wrote:Here's a warning. Michelin has a sale on. A $70 rebate. If you check their sight, it doesn't explain much.

You've been warned.

It actually is very clear. And, it specifically says Costco and Canadian Tire do not apply. It says Canadian Michelin dealers.
I don’t sew any ambiguity other than if someone told you that there was a rebate and then you proceeded without checking.

Waiting for my $100 yokohama rebate for new winters. I always deal with KP. Great guys, local, great service, and prices are competitive.
You and 71 others Like this post
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

LANDM wrote:It actually is very clear. And, it specifically says Costco and Canadian Tire do not apply. It says Canadian Michelin dealers.
I don’t sew any ambiguity other than if someone told you that there was a rebate and then you proceeded without checking................

Actually I received an email directly from Michelin. In response to your post I went into the Michelin site.

I guess they've had some complaints, as it has been changed with a notation that the sale does not apply at Canadian Tire and Costco. It wasn't there three weeks ago.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Mark1111
Board Meister

Post by Mark1111 »

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.
If you want to test a man's character, give him power.
A. Lincoln
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

For the past 5 years or more I've been using Kal Tire in Penticton. The have a great selection of price ranges and brands.
One thing I like to see is year over year is the same service reps at the counter. All seem knowledgeable about the product and the company must pay a wage for these employees to stick around and gain that knowledge.
Perhaps the same is offered in Kelowna??

Similar reason we go to Penticton Appliance when required and not Andre's or another retailer that sells without support.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

The sad thing is, the best deals are at the big shops. The mom and pop shops pay WAY more for the tires because they don't get the bulk discount, and that means they have to pass the cost on to you.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray

Return to “Referrals”