Does Castanet own Critteraid ?

A potpourri of off-topics.
one wheel
Übergod

Does Castanet own Critteraid ?

Post by one wheel »

What is the connection that Critteraid of Summerland has with Castanet ?
Castanet carries heartthrob stories weekly asking for volunteers or donations & am I the only person wondering how this group achieves such recognition ?
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Re: Does Castanet own Critteraid ?

Post by oneh2obabe »

Critteraid is an animal sanctuary and depends on donations. Castanet doesn't own Critteraid but helps by featuring their animals and how people can help. Castanet also features "Adopt-a-Pet" and updates it on a regular basis, as needed.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Miss Maggie
Fledgling

Post by Miss Maggie »

one wheel wrote:What is the connection that Critteraid of Summerland has with Castanet ?
Castanet carries heartthrob stories weekly asking for volunteers or donations & am I the only person wondering how this group achieves such recognition ?

I’ve noticed this too. At first i was reading the stories but now they are just repetitive and annoying so i scroll right on by.

My guess is that someone working at Castanet is affiliated with Critteraid somehow.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

I doubt there's a huge money in animal sanctuary for them to pay for stories so perhaps Castanet is just trying to help them. If they're a registered charity perhaps there's some sort of write-off associated with them.

Good for them in any case.
one wheel
Übergod

Post by one wheel »

Oh gosh Miss Maggie are you saying you're not going to volunteer to read to cats that are suffering from trauma ?

Don't worry I won't be doing that either.
Miss Maggie
Fledgling

Post by Miss Maggie »

one wheel wrote:Oh gosh Miss Maggie are you saying you're not going to volunteer to read to cats that are suffering from trauma ?

Thats a thing? Maybe they could just play a meditation tape or something?
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

While this particular program might not be your cup of tea, why knock it if one hasn't bothered to check out the benefits it offers. Reading to animals in shelters has been around for years. Besides improving a person's reading skills, it helps calm skittish animals and helps in developing social skills increasing their chance of being adopted.

https://time.com/4235658/kids-reading-to-shelter-dogs/
https://www.tomsofmaine.com/good-matter ... ters-alike
https://fearfreehappyhomes.com/reading- ... n-chances/
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
applebee

Post by applebee »

My my are we not cranky about things in these postings. Just tak two deep breathes, relax and skip over the parts of the news that are causing you so much stress. Life is tooo short to spend your days cranky!!
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

applebee wrote:My my are we not cranky about things in these postings. Just tak two deep breathes, relax and skip over the parts of the news that are causing you so much stress. Life is tooo short to spend your days cranky!!

Yes perhaps so. But sometimes we just get cranky when we check in for local news and what is there on top of the local news pile??? Endless stories about Critteraid. I love animals too and support their welfare but last I checked......this was not an SPCA or Peta website for gosh sake.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Maybe they are Crankypated and just need some Restoralax? :biggrin:
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
0gopogo
Fledgling

Post by 0gopogo »

I'm getting sick of all the critteraid crap too from castanet....that Jacenda Byer is such a childish act, how old is she...12 ???? Anyhow, we have Alley Cats Alliance and the SPCA too that do awesome things for animals, they also rely on donations from the public. Why not showcase them too? It's always about critteraid whining for money.
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

You guys do realize Castanet does a Pet of the Week video for the SPCA, right?

If you don't want to watch a one minute video for Critteraid, don't. If you don't want to donate, don't. If you want to complain about Castanet being a good corporate citizen in extending a helping hand to an animal sanctuary, have at 'er.

0gopogo
Fledgling

Post by 0gopogo »

Yeah, yeah.yeah. Alley Cats Alliance does amazing work, give them air time too, Castanet. But at least critteraid stop referring to the volunteers as "auntys" to the cats. I will give them that. lol.
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by stuphoto »

one wheel wrote:Oh gosh Miss Maggie are you saying you're not going to volunteer to read to cats that are suffering from trauma ?

I make up stories for a friends dog all the time.
She seems to love the attention that comes with it.
You can easily make it interactive by pointing at a cat on TV or knocking and acting like someone is at the door.
Cats often seem to like the same attention although thankfully have a shorter attention span.
If you think it's weird, you can balame my ex commonlaw wife [icon_lol2.gif]
MalaPropina
Board Meister

Post by MalaPropina »

Seriously? People are knocking down a volunteer run non-profit animal rescue that takes in animals that the almighty SPCA won't even though they get millions in donations yearly, much of which goes to paid staff?

Wow! People are really getting bitter. Good on Catanet for helping a wonderful organization. It nice to see stuff when I open the page that isn't Covid or Trump or local crime related once in a while. It's a reminder that there are good people still out there doing good deeds.

Return to “Grab Bag”