How old are you?

Just what it says. Games. On a forum.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

How old are you?

Post by Queen K »

I'm party line old. Pop bottles worth 2 cents and that could buy candy old.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Re: How old are you?

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Draught beer was 20 cents when I started drinking illegally.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
just popping in
Lord of the Board

Post by just popping in »

bb49 wrote:Draught beer was 20 cents when I started drinking illegally.
I "vaguely" remember that too, could fill a whole table for just a few $1.00 bills! [icon_lol2.gif]
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

I still remember the old floating bridge

Pretty old!
viking1970

Post by viking1970 »

Going to flintstones, valley fruit stand and buying hockey cards at SIDS grocery. Driving with parents to Vernon to shop at k mart. Vernon had a Wendy's and kelowna didn't. Let's not forget the kelowna drive-in. Got my driver's license at the old court house on water. Griped at the price of gas which was 29.9 a liter. Good times growing up here.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

This is how old I am:

GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I am going steal a line from a former Forum admin... “Old as dirt. Twice as gritty” :biggrin:

I remember when Eaton’s expected Vernon to be main city in the valley so that’s why they set up there store in Vernon and not Kelowna.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Silly Putty was introduced the year I was born and I am considered a "Boomer".

Bummer!
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

I've smoked a cigarette in a hospital but have had a computer since I was a child.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

JLives wrote:I've smoked a cigarette in a hospital but have had a computer since I was a child.
K- I can relate but you are a lot younger than I am. I just had a vision of seeing you walking down the street with your puppy and wishing I took that picture. Bear with me all of you please. I watched a younger lady with her pitbull walking along a street downtown Kelowa and that pitbull was watching their owner with such intent eyes and as much as I wanted to interact and pat the dog that dog had no eyes except for their owner. I have only thought of JLives and her dogs from that moment on. Respect for you always JLives and your pups - you taught me more than you will ever realize and it has helped me with the grand dogs I have now. How old are you? As young as you feel. I didn't realize BSuds age until today and have guessed at others but it doesn't matter. I rang the telephone operator, listened to 78 rpm records, pumped water and used an outhouse because there wasn't an indoor toilet. But that doesn't mean I'm as old as you think I am.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Fancy wrote:
JLives wrote:I've smoked a cigarette in a hospital but have had a computer since I was a child.
K- I can relate but you are a lot younger than I am. I just had a vision of seeing you walking down the street with your puppy and wishing I took that picture. Bear with me all of you please. I watched a younger lady with her pitbull walking along a street downtown Kelowa and that pitbull was watching their owner with such intent eyes and as much as I wanted to interact and pat the dog that dog had no eyes except for their owner. I have only thought of JLives and her dogs from that moment on. Respect for you always JLives and your pups - you taught me more than you will ever realize and it has helped me with the grand dogs I have now. How old are you? As young as you feel. I didn't realize BSuds age until today and have guessed at others but it doesn't matter. I rang the telephone operator, listened to 78 rpm records, pumped water and used an outhouse because there wasn't an indoor toilet. But that doesn't mean I'm as old as you think I am.
Solid chance that was me. I had a short stocky blue one and a taller lean black one. And lived downtown for 10 years. Thank you for that Fancy. Greatly appreciated and put a smile on my face. I'll show this to my daughter. She'll love it too. I have 3 husky crosses now. They're pretty cool. I'm 41 and feel better now than I did at 30. And I don't smoke cigarettes anymore.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
viking1970

Post by viking1970 »

There was a smoke room outside the maternity ward of k.g.h. I sat in there as a kid waiting for my next sibling(no telling of the sex then) cigars were smoked and flasks came out. You could smoke also in back rows of a greyhound bus. Way to look out for the non smoker.
OldIslander
Board Meister

Post by OldIslander »

My first years in Vernon were before they got any TV reception (by antenna, of course...). Our relatives in Penticton got it a few years before we did. Then they got 3 or 4 channels and we only got one.

When we went to visit them, we crossed the lake at Kelowna on the Pendozi ferry.

And...
In this vale
Of toil and sin
Your head grows bald
But not your chin.

Burma Shave

I can remember reading the BurmaShave signs on driving trips to the US. [icon_lol2.gif]
“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.” Ernest Benn
The_quiet_one
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by The_quiet_one »

I smoked on a plane.
I smoked on a bus.
I smoked on a train.
I smoked in a hospital.
I’ve quit smoking
Noisy Boater
Übergod

Post by Noisy Boater »

The round bar tables were Red Terry Cloth with the elastic.
Did You Have A Big Bowl Of Stupid For Breakfast ? I Have 8 Billion Gazillion Likes.

Return to “Forum Games”