I’m in
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Re: Retiring early in Mexico Couple..

Post by Catsumi »

:topic:
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Mark1111
Board Meister

Post by Mark1111 »

Nope...Sorry Catsumi, I understand your moderator pain, but what we have now is a groundswell Kelowna born grassroots migration. It can’t be stopped. The plane, Can Force One (my god who thought of that name), now reconditioned with soft flexible wings to withstand annoyingly close airport hangers, is leaving the terminal...are you in?
If you want to test a man's character, give him power.
A. Lincoln
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I'd like to give Mexico a try, even for a few months, starting now. I've never been there, do not do well with Spanish and only have a passing familiarity with Mexican food, usually end up ordering the same thing to avoid disappointment. Retire there entirely though? That's another matter. I have too many ties here, so I tell myself, but the woman who moved did too. And she did it.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Mark1111 wrote:Nope...Sorry Catsumi, I understand your moderator pain, but what we have now is a groundswell Kelowna born grassroots migration. It can’t be stopped. The plane, Can Force One (my god who thought of that name), now reconditioned with soft flexible wings to withstand annoyingly close airport hangers, is leaving the terminal...are you in?

Sure I’m in. Who else do you think is in the pilot’s seat?
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Noisy Boater
Übergod

Post by Noisy Boater »

Just going to put my 2 pesos worth. We have been going to the Mex for 25 plus years. Both sides. La Paz to Manzanillo and PV to Progresso. I have had medical and dental work done there. Stingray sting and cracked a molar eating peanuts !! Top notch work for both and cheap. A former co worker bought a house in Rincon de Guyabitos. They spend 6 months there and live in the son n laws basement suite when back in Kelowna. We will do the same except a condo a put it in a rental pool. We will move to Van Island for warmer winters next year when I finally retire. Drag the RV around for the summer and condo it in Mex in winter. Think its time!! :130:
Did You Have A Big Bowl Of Stupid For Breakfast ? I Have 8 Billion Gazillion Likes.
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

Catsumi wrote:
Mark1111 wrote:Nope...Sorry Catsumi, I understand your moderator pain, but what we have now is a groundswell Kelowna born grassroots migration. It can’t be stopped. The plane, Can Force One (my god who thought of that name), now reconditioned with soft flexible wings to withstand annoyingly close airport hangers, is leaving the terminal...are you in?

Sure I’m in. Who else do you think is in the pilot’s seat?

Hopefully not this guy:

32BA21AA-0BB1-4EE9-AE2C-55CC477C0868.jpeg
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

As long as he can fly it and land. :biggrin:

There are two shows on Mexican cuisine, one is an episode where Somebody Feed Phil goes to Mexico City and outer regions. And the other is episode two, Ugly Delicious, titled "Taco." I am doing extensive research as to my food options in other words, in retiring to Mexico. I plan to learn the foods and be a "food tour guide" in my spare time down there. LOL.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Catsumi wrote: :topic:

Well we were thinking of inviting you too Cats... :200:

We would require a designated driver, and a Mod may be just the cat's meow.. :biggrin:
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

I handle the flying machine whilst the lovely ferri serves cocktails and my famous devilled eggs. We’ll be off like a shot in the dark.

Unknown
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

The Ultimate Castanet get Together Field trip Adventure. . Sounds good to me.. :130:
And the best thing we won't have the Anonoymous crew from here along, cuz then they would be outed and couldn't slag everything like they do now .. :smt045
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Catsumi wrote:I handle the flying machine whilst the lovely ferri serves cocktails and my famous devilled eggs. We’ll be off like a shot in the dark.

Devilled eggs tend to do that.
You and 71 others Like this post
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Nature’s answer to Boost

Unknown
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Through an eye of a needle at twenty paces......... :200:
You and 71 others Like this post
zookeeper
Walks on Forum Water

Post by zookeeper »

I have been trying more Mexican food. So, the Castanet get together, is there still room on the plane?

Return to “Grab Bag”