WalMart Stores

A potpourri of off-topics.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

WalMart Stores

Post by Bsuds »

We have been told that the Westbank WalMart is stocked better than the Kelowna store.

We have been frustrated in Kelowna with items not being in stock when we shop there so we went to the Westbank store to compare.

We decided there is no comparison and the Westbank store is much better than the Kelowna store as far as the shelves being full.

I don't know why Kelowna has such a problem but they seem to have a fair bit of trouble with keeping their shelves full.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Re: WalMart Stores

Post by Lady tehMa »

That's interesting because I've always found the West Kelowna Winners to be far superior to the Kelowna one.
I haven't failed until I quit.
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

I agree that the Westbank Walmart is far better than the Kelowna one.

Haven’t been in the Winners over there, so can’t comment on that.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Aw Sudsy, now you've gone and let the cat out of the bag. On the bright side - can't see a lot of folks shopping there when they stated they wouldn't drive across the bridge when it was rumoured the new Costco might be built on this side.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Both stores mentioned are newer. The Winners here is OK. I always found the one at the Capri mall to have better selection.

As for Wally. Esthetically, it feels better than the Kelowna store which of course is older and yes, they don't really ever seem to be out of anything unlike the RCSS who routinely are out of A) staples and B) anything in the flyer. I still choose to shop there though because for me, and I'm only speaking for me, all Wallys feel a bit grimy.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

Walmart Kelowna had their "grand" reopening 3 or 4 weeks ago after undergoing a store renovation. Regardless, the difference between managers at both stores is like night and day.

Penticton Walmart is a nice store but I don't get down that way as often as before.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

^^^ I ventured there Monday ( been months) didn't even notice the renos :) Seemed to be stocked fine - didn't see empty shelves.
Mad I didn't stock up on my coffee pods as those were a great price.
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

oneh2obabe wrote:Walmart Kelowna had their "grand" reopening 3 or 4 weeks ago after undergoing a store renovation.

That reno is a joke. Made it more like a warehouse and has fewer products so it looks like the shelves are full. (groceries)
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Something is going on at the Kelowna Walmart tonight. Police, sirens, lights, taped off. Snapchat pix show some of the action.

Anyone know what's going on there?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/3 ... art#317119
Hopefully it doesn't have anything to do with masks - that would be really disappointing.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

Some say a bomb threat, some say an anti-mask brawl, and some say there are 3 cars cordoned off with police tape.

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Note the time I posted, because it came from social media, and the time Castanet's story got posted. Hate to say it but I broke the news here first. :biggrin:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

Queen K wrote:Note the time I posted, because it came from social media, and the time Castanet's story got posted. Hate to say it but I broke the news here first. :biggrin:

You're not the first and you won't be the last who posts before a story shows up on Castanet.

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Nor is it my first time that I wrote about something and it shows up in the news minutes later. Walmart is letting customers out now.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

That's where the Mrs left the pressure cooker! :biggrin:

Return to “Grab Bag”