Retiring early in Mexico Couple..

A potpourri of off-topics.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Retiring early in Mexico Couple..

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

zookeeper wrote:I have been trying more Mexican food. So, the Castanet get together, is there still room on the plane?

We'll just get a bigger plane.

But not sure how everyone will identify each other. :135:
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Lots of us have met. Dinner together. lunches. Roofing issues. lol.
Welcome aboard bb.

zookeeper wrote:I have been trying more Mexican food. So, the Castanet get together, is there still room on the plane?

GREAT! :130: Will have a bowl of Oyster stew for you!
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
zookeeper
Walks on Forum Water

Post by zookeeper »

bb49 wrote:

We'll just get a bigger plane.

But not sure how everyone will identify each other. :135:

Name tags :138:
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

It's easy, just put your actual pic in your avatar, like me.... :130: ..... and our Cat friend .. we call Queen K... :biggrin:
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
workingclasshero
Fledgling

Post by workingclasshero »

My concern is if you do get covid in Mexico you will not be able to get home,
airlines would not let you fly, the border to USA is closed for people coming from Mexico.
you would be stuck in an expensive Mexician hospital with insurance only covering you for a short period of time.
you will have to have someone take care of you outside the hospital as the hospitals are full.
we are staying at home as the risk isn't worth it. we know of a few couples that are going to Bucerias, but they own
places there and plan to isolate the whole time. the beaches, shops and restaurants are quite during the week but
busy on the weekends as Mexicans enjoy the weekends.
people are dying there and are not being reported, Mexican families often don't have the money for funerals.
we have been sending money each month to a local charity that runs soup kitchens.
we hope that we can go back next year, we will be watching how the vaccines are rolled out in Mexico
many retired people in Bucerias area start a little business and sell stuff in the local markets, food items,
spices, pasta, jewelry, etc.. they are displacing Mexicans in the markets. tourists are not supposed to work in Mexico
jv34

Post by jv34 »

Here’s the Covid stats in Jalisco the next state over which includes the Puerto Vallarta area.

Jalisco 4,584 deaths as of today.

Respect the Mexicans if your going down...Wear your mask...ya over the nose.

We have a holiday booked starting January and unfortunately very concerned about the situation and will probably have to cancel because of the huge numbers.

We really feel for the Mexican people and wish them strength during these challenging times...so sad.
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

workingclasshero wrote:My concern is if you do get covid in Mexico you will not be able to get home,
airlines would not let you fly, the border to USA is closed for people coming from Mexico.
you would be stuck in an expensive Mexician hospital with insurance only covering you for a short period of time.
you will have to have someone take care of you outside the hospital as the hospitals are full.
we are staying at home as the risk isn't worth it. we know of a few couples that are going to Bucerias, but they own
places there and plan to isolate the whole time. the beaches, shops and restaurants are quite during the week but
people are dying there and are not being reported, Mexican families often don't have the money for funerals.
we have been sending money each month to a local charity that runs soup kitchens.
we hope that we can go back next year, we will be watching how the vaccines are rolled out in Mexico
many retired people in Bucerias area start a little business and sell stuff in the local markets, food items,
spices, pasta, jewelry, etc.. they are displacing Mexicans in the markets. tourists are not supposed to work in Mexico

Wait a second.. are you guys thinking of going, BEFORE Covid settles down ? :200: ...I thought this plane ride was after all that.... :up:
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
zookeeper
Walks on Forum Water

Post by zookeeper »

Queen K wrote:

I had the beef dip, Carne Asada por favor.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

zookeeper wrote:
Queen K wrote:

I had the beef dip, Carne Asada por favor.

Si Senorita, Carne Asada coming right up! (The Oyster Stew was delicious). :D
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Travel health insurance should cancel benefits for those who travel to Covid hotspots.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

jimmy4321 wrote:Travel health insurance should cancel benefits for those who travel to Covid hotspots.

They already don't cover it without added insurance which is difficult if not impossible to get.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

OK, I have rented a 737 Max for the flight.

It hasn't had the updates yet and the pilot has never flown one before but we should be good to go. :biggrin:
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

As long as there is carne asada for Zookeeper on board.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

60-YEARS-in-Ktown wrote:
workingclasshero wrote:My concern is if you do get covid in Mexico you will not be able to get home,

Wait a second.. are you guys thinking of going, BEFORE Covid settles down ? :200: ...I thought this plane ride was after all that.... :up:

Nah, it's cheaper right now, what with folks being a skeert n all.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Bsuds wrote:OK, I have rented a 737 Max for the flight.

It hasn't had the updates yet and the pilot has never flown one before but we should be good to go. :biggrin:

Hey, I made it to and from Mexico twice in a Max 8. No problemo.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition

Return to “Grab Bag”