Fee Simple townhouse

Business and professional recommendations.
YoVinny

Fee Simple townhouse

Post by YoVinny »

Good Morning:

I am looking to move West and downsize to a townhouse. There seems to be plenty of condo type properties, but relatively few fee simple or freehold townhouses.

I get the whole lifestyle thing, but I have a hard time with the value proposition of the condo fee.

Can anyone recommend any new construction or re-sale townhouse complexes?

Kelowna and perhaps as far away as Vernon

Any advice welcome.

Thank you
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Fee Simple townhouse

Post by LANDM »

YoVinny wrote:Good Morning:

I am looking to move West and downsize to a townhouse. There seems to be plenty of condo type properties, but relatively few fee simple or freehold townhouses.

I get the whole lifestyle thing, but I have a hard time with the value proposition of the condo fee.

Can anyone recommend any new construction or re-sale townhouse complexes?

Kelowna and perhaps as far away as Vernon

Any advice welcome.

Thank you

They are mostly fee simple and freehold. However, anything with common area will generally have some level of strata fee to cover that common area. An exception would be a duplex with no strata fee and no strata organized, even though it is technically a strata in many cases.
There are other less common examples and exceptions but I’m not sure what you are expecting.
You and 71 others Like this post
YoVinny

Post by YoVinny »

Hello LandM:

Thank you for the reply - I should have been clearer - Almost every townhouse I see in Kelowna (new development or re-sale) has a condo fee.

Where I am from, many townhouses have a unique street address, not unit numbers at one address - and no common areas. They are located on public streets, not private roadways. And of course the owner needs to maintain the landscape, roof, exterior, etc.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Well...in that case it's a house.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Dunbar Villas (Dunbar Court, Black Mountain) are non-stratified duplexes & townhomes. I don't know what's available, though.
I haven't failed until I quit.
polelady
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by polelady »

Food for thought... here in BC not sure in other areas... their seems to be insurance issues... yes make sure to clarify that cost before signing on the dotted line... and of course do a diligent review to the boards that are set up that handle the monthly fee,,, seems some are in the grey area of not telling the truth...lol
Good luck... on your venture... and only take the real estate stories with a grain of salt...
YoVinny

Post by YoVinny »

Thank you for the responses - I agree the insurance is an interesting story for condos. I appreciate the replies
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

YoVinny wrote:Hello LandM:

Thank you for the reply - I should have been clearer - Almost every townhouse I see in Kelowna (new development or re-sale) has a condo fee.

Where I am from, many townhouses have a unique street address, not unit numbers at one address - and no common areas. They are located on public streets, not private roadways. And of course the owner needs to maintain the landscape, roof, exterior, etc.
OK, I see what you mean. Yes, there are some zero setback from lot line units that are as you describe. As already mentioned, they currently exist in a part of Black Mountain up by the golf course, and we will start to see more elsewhere.
Having their own street address does not mean no common property and no strata fee, to be accurate.

Good luck with your search!
You and 71 others Like this post

Return to “Referrals”