Walks on Forum Water

Re: 2019 F-150

Post by dirtybiker »

Off the hop I would have said 40ish.
This add shows one at the asking $58.
https://classifieds.castanet.net/detail ... t/4333321/

So methinks 52-55 would be reasonable for the market and a motivated
price to move it.

Not the speculators pie in the sky pricing.

Good luck and sorry to hear of your friends issues.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

Whoa whoa. You cannot compare a Lariat to a Sport/XLT/XTR. Go to Ford's website and spec out that truck new - it'll come out to $45k or so.

F150's are one of those vehicles you can buy new for $35k or you can buy new for $90k depending on the options. Sport is lower optioned truck. It's one step up from "bare bones no options" while Lariat is "Most bells and whistles".

A quick search doesn't show me any comparable trucks listed with a price shown. A few "Call dealer for price" vehicles listed - may want to call a few and see what they say.

I bought a lightly used F150 XTR a few years ago with 6000km on the clock. Similar situation - very low KM's and new ones were 2 years newer (2021's are on sale now) . I chose to drive to Alberta to get it as trucks there were selling for a few thousand lower than in the Okanagan. I paid $28k. Based on my experience, If I was serious about selling it I'd start by listing it for Approx $37k. Drop the price by a couple thousand if it hasn't sold after a couple of months.
Last edited by TylerM4 on Nov 27th, 2020, 12:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Have a look here.

http://www.vmrcanada.com/canada_makes.html

I have found it to be fairly close .

Looks like $29-$33 with the info you gave.
Last edited by Bsuds on Nov 27th, 2020, 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

Bsuds wrote:Have a look here.

http://www.vmrcanada.com/canada_makes.html

I have found it to be fairly close .

Comes out at approx $30k. Personally I think that's a little low.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Might be best to see if she can get it appraised somewhere.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

oldtrucker wrote:I'm not really into vehicle buying and selling,so I was wondering what some of you might think on this.
I have a friend that has recently discovered that they have some health problems and they can't make it in the long run as they will not have the income to carry out the payment obligations.
My Wife's suggestion (Retired Banker) would be for her to talk to her bank first.

She would also have the option of just giving the keys to the bank and walking away from it. If she still owes more than it's worth selling then that's an option too.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

#1 truck people steal
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

normaM wrote:#1 truck people steal
Nope. Not true at all. We're talking about F150 here.
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

oldtrucker wrote: ^^^Short sentence- but it speaks volumes on peoples mindsets on money and debt these days. People sign up for 'get now -pay later'. Big time pay later. I guess my attitude on debt is so last century.
oldtruckers father...." Boy....If you don't spend money on things you want, you'll have plenty of money for things you need".
Many of us younger (although I'm not that young) have the same mindset.

42yo - I could afford to buy a new vehicle outright but chose to buy "gently used" instead. Better to save those funds if I hope to retire some day. Have never owned a brand new vehicle and at this rate - It may never happen.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Here is Kelly Blue Books, check them out.
https://www.kbb.ca/
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

sorry Tyler, saw the F lol
"Once again, Ford F250 and F350 trucks from the 2000s topped the Insurance Bureau of Canada’s annual ranking of the most stolen vehicles in Canada. In 2019, Ford pickup trucks took up eight of the top 10 spots on the list with the 2007 Ford F-350 claiming the unenviable title of most stolen vehicle for the year."
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Whew, I'm safe. My F350 is a 2008!
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Are they easy to jack, or a truck choice for those who have to steal a ride?
polelady
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by polelady »

Suggestion to get rid of the truck.... !
Again this depends on how much she owes on the unit.. maybe time to cut her losses and get on with life... tossing the keys at the bank of financial institution does now work at times... perhaps it is Ford Credit Corporation... again not sure but most are very aggressive on collections.. Have heard where they take it back... sell if for wholesale price and go after the owner for the difference.... again Hear Say...
Anyway suggest she contact a dealer who sells to the US ,,, yes most dealers are still doing it with the dollar difference... but for the most part they like the 250 and 350 loaded ones low mileage... but since hers is low mileage... it may worth checking out... From my knowledge most dealers get Blue Book wholesale price in US dollars... they buy wholesale Canadian and sell for USA dollars wholesale... on the average after the changes are made to export to US,,, and trucking across the border most make about % 10,000 per unit... so I hear...
Just food for thought... since it it slow mileage... 18,000 km... and the dealer she bought it from will probably bend her over and ........... ruthless when not selling units..
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

The dealer will give much less than the 33-35 it appears as though they may go for.

She might want to try getting the word out on FB. A private sales will get her the most money and maybe there will be some good will amongst her circle, assuming she has one.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition

Return to “Grab Bag”