2019 F-150

A potpourri of off-topics.
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: 2019 F-150

Post by vegas1500 »

dirtybiker wrote:Off the hop I would have said 40ish.
This add shows one at the asking $58.
https://classifieds.castanet.net/detail ... t/4333321/

So methinks 52-55 would be reasonable for the market and a motivated
price to move it.

Not the speculators pie in the sky pricing.

Good luck and sorry to hear of your friends issues.
This is a crew cab.....here is a xtra cab according to what is written. Big price difference
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

If you take it to a dealer for them to buy, you will be sadly disappointed in what they offer you. Find a broker and send it state side...if that’s to much hassle, talk to the bank or list privately. Take a look on Kijiji to see what they are worth...search across Canada to get a better idea. Selling a used vehicle privately these days is tough because no one has cash and they need financing. I’ve bought and sold more than I can count over the years but in the last 3-5 it’s been a tough slug to flip. Edit..... could consign it somewhere.
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

normaM wrote:Are they easy to jack, or a truck choice for those who have to steal a ride?
It's a combination of things:
- F250 and F350 are seen as commercial vehicles and are not in scope for mandatory anti-theft features. (Yes, they are relatively easy to steal).
- They are expensive vehicles with expensive parts to sell.
- There are MANY of them out there. If you're going to learn how to steal one vehicle, this would be the one to learn.
- Because there are many: Harder for police to find/recognize it once reported stolen.
- Because there are many: Large market to sell your stolen parts to.
- They are big trucks offering criminals a little privacy. Harder to see drivers and to see the ignition has been messed with.
- They are hard vehicles to stop. Push past a RCMP cruiser or go offroad.
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

oldtrucker wrote:
It has the regular doors but the back doors open suicide style.Still seats 6. I don't know what type of cab that's called. It also has the console shift on the 'floor' not on the steering column. - i don't know if that makes it any different of a value. The official name is XLT Sport. I've tried to find others with 'Sport' in the name but there are none around to compare to. I never needed to learn until now as that kind of spending is just a wee bit out of my budget so I never look at them.
Same as mine. Ford calls that their "Supercab". Unfortunately the full crew cab is more desirable on the resale market.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

I am so not a truck person. Its when they box my lil muttmobile in a parking lot I do my best swearing. Damn double cabs, put wings on you'd have an airplane. Then they have the balls hanging off the back.
I'm mad just flashing being boxed in! lol
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
featfan
Guru

Post by featfan »

https://debtvictoria.com/seize-or-sue-rules/

If you are feeling STUCK in a bad car loan that you either cannot afford or wish you never got into because you are backwards in the loan, then there may be an EASY SOLUTION to help you get OUT of a bad car loan!

The good news is that we have Seize or Sue rules in British Columbia. BC has very “consumer friendly” rules about secured loans for consumer items such as cars and trucks (and RV’s, Motorcycle’s etc). These rules are under the PPSA Personal Property Security Act.
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by stuphoto »

Good to hear ol trucker,
I am glad you had a little extra $ to help them out.

Personally, I don't call that sort of thing a loan anymore.
I just call it helping out a friend.
That way if they can't pay you back, you aren't as mad.
Plus you are less likely to lose a friend.
Besides, if the roles were reversed I imagine they would have helped you out.

Return to “Grab Bag”