Poll Covid Hoax Or Not

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.

Do you think covid is a hoax

yes
21%
no
79%
not sure yet
No votes

Total votes: 43

cyruslosco66
Banned

Poll Covid Hoax Or Not

Post by cyruslosco66 »

I am just interested in seeing how many ppl think covid is a hoax or at worst just a cold or flu and not a deadly virus .
m4a ubi free palestine wear a mask support your local first nation band
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Re: Poll Covid Hoax Or Not

Post by TylerM4 »

I voted.

The 2nd part of your question is too vague tho. The common cold is already a deadly virus that kills tens of thousands of people a year.

Recommending you reword to something like "Or you believe it is no worse than the common cold/flu" to avoid that confusion.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

I predict that about 2 of 10 will say it's a hoax. That's in keeping with the 80 percent rule. 80% of the pop has an IQ of 80 or less.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

TylerM4 wrote:The 2nd part of your question is too vague tho.
What second part? The only question was:
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Fancy wrote: The only question was:
If it is it matches the great chemtrail conspiracy in that the same requirement exists that thousands of different players and all the governments of the world would have to be complicit in conspiring with each other. Not even in a James Bond movie,
but hey – maybe some believe the truth to be even stranger than fiction in this case.
typhoon44
Übergod

Post by typhoon44 »

mexi cali wrote:I predict that about 2 of 10 will say it's a hoax. That's in keeping with the 80 percent rule. 80% of the pop has an IQ of 80 or less.
That sounds wrong. Please check your math.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

looks OK too me. Por Que?
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
WESTman
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by WESTman »

mexi cali wrote:I predict that about 2 of 10 will say it's a hoax. That's in keeping with the 80 percent rule. 80% of the pop has an IQ of 80 or less.
Lol your correct that 80 percent have less than 80 IQ. About 80 percent voted that Covid is not a hoax......
"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind".
~C. S. Lewis
typhoon44
Übergod

Post by typhoon44 »

mexi cali wrote:looks OK too me. Por Que?
I don't disagree with your premise that there are a lot of dumb people, but IQ is a measure specifically defined such that 50% of the population will test above 100 and 50% will test below 100 so it is impossible for 80% of the population to have an IQ under 80.
Maybe you meant 20%? I haven't done the math to determine if that is correct or incorrect.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

indianlarry66 wrote:I am just interested in seeing how many ppl think covid is a hoax or at worst just a cold or flu and not a deadly virus .
Understanding that the effects of Covid on different people or understanding the severity of it compared to other viruses in the past has zero to do with believing if its a hoax or not, so that last little bit of your post is irrelevant to your poll.

As far as believing that this is some sort of hoax or conspiracy, yeah, mankind is too stupid to pull something like that off. And those who believe it, well, they’re on the very bottom to the totem pole in regards to intelligence and thinking skills.
Last edited by OKkayak on Dec 3rd, 2020, 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

Fancy wrote: What second part? The only question was:
It's in his post, not the poll that accompanied it.
NotNorthAnymore
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by NotNorthAnymore »

It is real.
My 84 year mother caught it in SK from a woman she gave a ride to that had attended a super spreader religious event in Prince Albert.
It took her over 6 weeks to get over it and she is still not back to where she was.
Probably never will be at her age.
"THEY" are watching you! -- "THEY" know who you are! -- "THEY" know where you are!
Always use heavy duty BBQ tinfoil under your Black Hat - That way "THEY" can't read your 'mind'.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

For those that believe it's a hoax/conspiracy theory, I would like them to tell us which other hoaxes and theories they believe in.
How about the Kennedy assassination, the moon landing, and the big one 9-11?
There are dozens of others too, so go for it. And don't be shy.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
WESTman
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by WESTman »

OKkayak wrote:
indianlarry66 wrote:I am just interested in seeing how many ppl think covid is a hoax or at worst just a cold or flu and not a deadly virus .
Understanding that the effects of Covid on different people or understanding the severity of it compared to other viruses in the past has zero to do with believing if its a hoax or not, so that last little bit of your post is irrelevant to your poll.

As far as believing that this is some sort of hoax or conspiracy, yeah, mankind is too stupid to pull something like that off. And those who believe it, well, they’re on the very bottom to the totem pole in regards to intelligence and thinking skills.
The disproportionate response to this virus is why many think something else is a foot. As too the "pulling it off" I would say their are very few people actually in on it. They just get the snow ball rolling and we manifest. An unconscious conspiracy in many respects. A self policing situation where anyone in the bureaucratic structure, academia, media questioning the situation is at risk of financial ruin and ostracization. Where any professional questioning the narrative is scrubbed from the internet by the arbiters of reality at google, YouTube etc. And a nice liberal college girl "fact checking" just as a cherry on top.

"The television screen is the retina of the mind’s eye. Therefore the television screen is part of the physical structure of the brain. Therefore whatever appears on the television screen emerges as raw experience for those who watch it. Therefore television is reality and reality is less than television."

"What a dirty trick but how skillfully executed! What a swindle, but how well and with what courage it has been done!"
"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind".
~C. S. Lewis
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

WESTman wrote: "The television screen is the retina of the mind’s eye. Therefore the television screen is part of the physical structure of the brain. Therefore whatever appears on the television screen emerges as raw experience for those who watch it. Therefore television is reality and reality is less than television."
Okay then, this helps to explain a lot. :smt045

Return to “Social Concerns”