The little Hitler in all of us. (or maybe most)

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Re: The little Hitler in all of us. (or maybe most)

Post by LANDM »

Thinktank wrote:
LANDM wrote:... melting in the sun at the thought of wearing a mask, taking a vaccine and having the slightest inconvenience in their lives.
Really? [icon_lol2.gif]

Inconvenience is going to the Bay, like usual, at 10:00 and finding out they open at 11:00 now because of coronavirus.

Inconvenience is having to wait two weeks until my special brand of toilet paper is in stock.

Inconvenience is having to look down while walking to see special arrows glued to the floor of Walmart, and having
to go up one aisle and down another, doubling the time I spend in the store, doubling the time I might be exposed to the dreaded virus just to get that toilet paper.

Being forced to get a vaccine is worse than Hitler. It won't happen anyway, and the government knows it.

Just mentioning "mandatory vaccines" is a threatening act in my opinion. Don't even try it. Don't even dream of it.

:chicken: <--- it will never happen

Cool, and I guess travelling to countries that require it will never happen for some people also. Fine with me.

I’m not the snowflake melting from covid-related minor inconveniences,
You and 71 others Like this post
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Queen K wrote:...Kiss your travel ... good bye
LANDM wrote:...and I guess travelling to countries that require it will never happen ...
Why should the CDC ( A pharmaceutical promotion company) decide what everyone on earth does?

So what you're saying is, before seven billion people can fly anywhere for business, they need to get at least two Coronascam vaccines because we all know vaccines are worthless unless you get a "booster" shot.

That's like Julie Gerberding, the former head of the CDC deciding all healthy children should get a flu shot, because she owns $3 million of stocks in Merck, and technically, she should go to jail.

I listen to my doctor. My doctor said not to get the coronascam vaccine. You listen to your doctor.

CDC decides seven billion people can not fly for business purposes - because someone like her ^ controls the world. [icon_lol2.gif]

And seven billion sheeple accept it, without a fight.
wow.gif
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
edmskeptic
Board Meister

Post by edmskeptic »

Some of you understand this quote.
(thank you to the posters more enlightened than me)

"The welfare of the people in particular has always been the alibi of tyrants, and it provides the further advantage of giving the servants of tyranny a good conscience."

Albert Camus

Those that don't understand it, tread the same path as Hitler.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Omnitheo wrote:I guess you missed the right wing response over the last couple years to one of the largest civil rights movement in US history?.
I missed it because I was too busy watching the left wing response, which was burning buildings and looting and rioting. And "largest movement in US history"? Oh my goodness, just ridiculous. Rosa Parks is shaking her head at how nonsensical this statement is right now.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

edmskeptic wrote:Some of you understand this quote.
(thank you to the posters more enlightened than me)

"The welfare of the people in particular has always been the alibi of tyrants, and it provides the further advantage of giving the servants of tyranny a good conscience."

Albert Camus

Those that don't understand it, tread the same path as Hitler.
So, the endgame here is genocide? If you don't snitch on your family and friends, you'll be taken out on the street and shot?

These constant Hitler references really shows the ignorance of so many.

Having some sort of restrictions during times of crisis has nothing to do with "tyranny", it's a necessity. Whether its a pandemic or time of war.
edmskeptic
Board Meister

Post by edmskeptic »

First learn history.
Second, reason is the only thing that separates civilization from abject horror.

"take away their livelihoods! -> throw them in jail -> kill em all!" took a number of years to proceed to its genocidal conclusion.

the commonality in all those steps is a loss of reason.
(as some people right here illustrate)
WESTman
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by WESTman »

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind".
~C. S. Lewis
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

edmskeptic wrote:First learn history.
I'm quite versed in history, thanks.
edmskeptic wrote:Second, reason is the only thing that separates civilization from abject horror.
You need to understand reason first and then you need to differentiate tyranny from necessity.

When the British Government implemented curfews during WW2, was that tyranny or necessity?
When the British Government told everyone to turn their lights off at night, was that tyranny or necessity?
When the British Government implemented rations on its citizens, was that tyranny or necessity?
When the British Government seized private boats and told its citizens to sail them into a war zone, was that tyranny or necessity?
edmskeptic wrote:"take away their livelihoods! -> throw them in jail -> kill em all!" took a number of years to proceed to its genocidal conclusion.
So, genocide is the end game?
edmskeptic wrote:the commonality in all those steps is a loss of reason.(as some people right here illustrate)
Oh, trust me, that is very apparent amongst a handful of posters here.
cyruslosco66
Banned

Post by cyruslosco66 »

edmskeptic wrote:One of hitler's rationalizations was that people x are a threat to my survival and my race's survival.
And the end of that slippery slope was genocide.

Now I'm hearing: "people who don't vax, people who don't mask, people who dare to mingle with other people...are a threat to MY survival."

Is it reasonable? I think @KiloHotel proved that it's not.
https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/pub/71- ... 17-eng.htm
people who ignore health facts will thin their own herd by succuming to the ailments they seem to think is imaginary .

i would suggest google charles darwin and what he had to say about survival of the fittest . :130:
m4a ubi free palestine wear a mask support your local first nation band
edmskeptic
Board Meister

Post by edmskeptic »

viewtopic.php?f=123&t=87179

Humans are constantly working against natures ways, including "survival of the fittest"
Sometimes we win and sometimes the better way is the one provided by nature herself
Staredintoabyss
Board Meister

Post by Staredintoabyss »

indianlarry66 wrote:
edmskeptic wrote:One of hitler's rationalizations was that people x are a threat to my survival and my race's survival.
And the end of that slippery slope was genocide.

Now I'm hearing: "people who don't vax, people who don't mask, people who dare to mingle with other people...are a threat to MY survival."

Is it reasonable? I think @KiloHotel proved that it's not.
https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/pub/71- ... 17-eng.htm
people who ignore health facts will thin their own herd by succuming to the ailments they seem to think is imaginary .

i would suggest google charles darwin and what he had to say about survival of the fittest . :130:
You should probably go deeper than google on that one.

The term was actually coined by Herbert Spencer, and Darwin acknowledged validity of the idea, and attribution of its origin, but only in certain ways.
Darwin himself spoke regularly of the power of cooperation, and the term "fitness" for Darwin was a heavily contextual one that was more about immediate local environments, with acknowledgement that fitness for one environment can actually be contrary to fitness in another.

Natural selection and "fitness" are not fungible terms and they mean quite different things depending on the context.
edmskeptic
Board Meister

Post by edmskeptic »

https://www.qwant.com/?q=calgary%20arre ... source=all

The fascism is creaping in, one city at a time.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

the sad part is that he's getting healthy by skating.

Are those police insane?

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

edmskeptic wrote:https://www.qwant.com/?q=calgary%20arre ... source=all

The fascism is creaping in, one city at a time.
That was insane...

There is likely more to the buildup of this arrest but the video only shows the confrontational part. Learning why just this one player was being arrested and not the others would fill in the missing info.

Can't believe the police went to take down an individual wearing skates. Pretty embarrassing that they couldn't get him on the ground. Very shocking they resorted to kicking and kneeing him. Can't believe they thought a taser would be a good idea. Force should only be used when met with force. Why not just ticket him? Why not just handcuff him and require him to submit to be released?
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

^ Another little Hitler - thinks she can force people to get vaccines.
Fredrickson: It’s time to remove personal and religious exemptions to vaccines
https://collegian.com/2017/12/fredricks ... -vaccines/

Adrian Dix - don't even think of being another Hitler.

Return to “Social Concerns”