The Gift Of Giving A Blessing

damama55
Übergod

The Gift Of Giving A Blessing

Post by damama55 »

Yesterday I was done shopping at Super Store and buying a couple of Lotto tickets. A lady asked if I would like a turkey!!
I was totally surprised and asked if she was sure. She said she had bought a lot of groceries, got a free turkey, but wouldn't be able to use it.
I couldn't believe her generosity, and of course, my heart was very touched. People that saw what was happening, too, were touched and I had tears of happiness.
On my way out, I told the Volunteer for the Salvation Army what had just happened. I told him, "You know what?? I am going to pay it forward." and put $20 into the kettle.
I still had tears, went outside and the beautiful lady was standing there, waiting for her ride. Her name is Kathy, and she is an angel in disguise.
I have found, with COVID, people seem to be more caring and are doing more from the heart.
This Christmas, with all that has been happening, we should all continue to stay strong, do our part, and, do something for someone that will pick up our spirits.
Thank you, Kathy.
YOU ARE A BLESSING, DEAR.
May we all be a blessing in the days ahead.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Re: The Gift Of Giving A Blessing

Post by dirtybiker »

A wonderful post. One I can hopefully learn from in my
sometimes myopic stumble through life.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

nice x mass story :up:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

Very nice of her, and thank-you for paying it forward! :130:

Last summer (2019) I brought my family to another community in the Okanagan to visit. Detoured to the local waterpark to let the little devils burn off some energy. I was feeling generous and in vacation mode so I decided to buy Ice-cream for the family. Long story short - I ended up with a big box of ice-cream treats. The joy I got from handing out the extra treats to other children (parents permission 1st) and families was so worth the $15 I spent on extra ice-cream.

Ever since that day, I make it a goal to repeat that experience whenever I can. Family has taken to making fun of me and calling me "Ice-cream Santa" but it's all in good fun.

It's really easy to forget the joy that giving gives. Especially when giving to those who aren't as fortunate and/or those not expecting to receive anything- even if by less fortunate that simply means "not in possession of a big box of ice-cream treats".
Last edited by TylerM4 on Dec 9th, 2020, 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
just popping in
Lord of the Board

Post by just popping in »

Today we were shopping for a Christmas tree, the cheapest to be had was $26.00, the kind saleslady asked in a caring manner if we could afford it and then marked it down by 50%. There seem to be many special angels among us.
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

Thank you for such beautiful stories.
I hope we can all spread some joy and tears of thankfulness throughout the rest of the year and carry it on through 2021. May it become a GREAT habit, making SOOO many hearts happy and grateful.
Thank you.
Wonderful blessings to all.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!!
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

MAPearce wrote:MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!!
Thanks for that!

...........THE WAY IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE SAID FOR MANY!
Noisy Boater
Übergod

Post by Noisy Boater »

Merry Christmas to all!! Our daughter recently moved to Cambell River. She had finished her grocery order at the till and realized her debit card was in her truck. The cashier put her order to the side while she went to fetch it. Upon her return the cashier told her the lady behind her had paid for her order as well as her own and then quickly left before our daughter could track her down. Somewheres around a hundred bucks. What a show stopper that was eh !!! Still faith in humanity.!! Many many years ago the wife and I and 2 daughters agreed to NO MORE gift exchanging. Instead we give $500.00 to SHARE and sponsor a couple of families as well as leave a large bag of supplies on the doorstep for the Castanet food bank drive and 2 girls from the Restoration Company picked it up the other day. I am also personally going to give an extra $10.00 next time I go through the any drive thru. A free donut would brighten my day :up:
Did You Have A Big Bowl Of Stupid For Breakfast ? I Have 8 Billion Gazillion Likes.
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

WOW and WOW!!! BEAUTIFUL!!
More Angles among us.
More tissues, please. WOW!! :smt045 :admin:
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Noisy Boater wrote:Merry Christmas to all!! Our daughter recently moved to Cambell River. She had finished her grocery order at the till and realized her debit card was in her truck. The cashier put her order to the side while she went to fetch it. Upon her return the cashier told her the lady behind her had paid for her order as well as her own and then quickly left before our daughter could track her down. Somewheres around a hundred bucks. What a show stopper that was eh !!! Still faith in humanity.!! Many many years ago the wife and I and 2 daughters agreed to NO MORE gift exchanging. Instead we give $500.00 to SHARE and sponsor a couple of families as well as leave a large bag of supplies on the doorstep for the Castanet food bank drive and 2 girls from the Restoration Company picked it up the other day. I am also personally going to give an extra $10.00 next time I go through the any drive thru. A free donut would brighten my day :up:
I miss my Island ...

Good people there ...
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

sweet story, thanks for sharing
So what time should I arrive for dinner? ")
Yesterday Sally Ann had the kettle outside the liquor store in the Mission. People were being generous. I said " aren't you supposed to have bells? Guy told me they aren't allowed to - guess sharing during the pandemic. I said " make a bell noise" and he replied " ding dong" So I gave money instead of robbing him! J/k the robbing part. Too many witnesses
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

I am making Christmas dinner and then sharing it with folks I know that are alone. I do believe a lot of folks are planning on doing something similar.
I hope you get to have a lovely dinner, too.
May the joy and peace of this beautiful Christmas be a part of all of our celebrations.
Merry Christmas and all the best for 2021.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

I don't have many to get gifts for - so each year I pick someone I know ( from a store, etc) and get them a gift. It's so random they are always shocked.
But for anyone reading this I think getting is a blessing too, and I take a size small in Mansions :)
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

What a wonderful gift you are doing. Thank you, too, for your gift of a blessing.
Life is beautiful and we do have angels among us. Hopefully, if you don't get your mansion here, you will get it on the other side. :up: :admin:

Return to “Central Okanagan”