Ron MacLean to attend Liberal Party fundraiser

southy
Lord of the Board

Re: Ron MacLean to attend Liberal Party fundraiser

Post by southy »

Ken7 wrote:I lost a lot of respect for Ron when he did not stand up for Cherry.

Very sad it just goes to show the man he is not. I don;t care to listen to him any more.

I strongly believe there is a lot more to the story than what we actually saw and heard. A new thread of its own i’m sure. Ron did what he felt was right ... remember he and Cherry have/had a long history together. There is information we will never see and probably for good reason.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

southy wrote:
I strongly believe there is a lot more to the story than what we actually saw and heard. A new thread of its own i’m sure. Ron did what he felt was right ... remember he and Cherry have/had a long history together. There is information we will never see and probably for good reason.
Sadly I'm not even a Cherry fan. I just think Ron could have stepped up.

The fact of the matter, who was Don speaking to?? I took it personal and I'm third Genration Canadian. "You guys, get out there and support the Vets."
Last edited by Ken7 on Dec 16th, 2020, 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Interesting how you chose to paraphrase
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

oneh2obabe wrote: McLean was hired by Rogers Media at the beginning of the 2014–15 NHL season when the company acquired the national rights to the NHL.
Then fired due to his interview with Gary Bettman, then rehired because his replacement was a bigger idiot then He was (George Stroumboulopoulos).
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
bernie428
Board Meister

Post by bernie428 »

[/quote]

Sadly I'm not even a Cherry fan. I just think Ron could have stepped up.

The fact of the matter, who was Don speaking to?? I took it personal and I'm third Generation Canadian. "You guys, get out there and support the Vets."[/quote]

Stepped up and did what?
Pay for Cherry's lawyer.
Friends don't drag friends down with them, they stand up and take their medicine like a man.
Cherry broke his contract. Again.

I won't be buying a plate at that dinner, but I have no problem with Ron.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

bernie428 wrote:
I have a problem with him working with a party and with people who don't have Canadian's best interests at heart, and who don't represent the values of the majority of Canadians.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
typhoon44
Übergod

Post by typhoon44 »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
bernie428 wrote:
I have a problem with him working with a party and with people who don't have Canadian's best interests at heart, and who don't represent the values of the majority of Canadians.
You want to cancel a hockey announcer because he is sane and doesn't agree with you? Sounds pretty undemocratic.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

typhoon44 wrote: You want to cancel a hockey announcer because he is sane and doesn't agree with you? Sounds pretty undemocratic.
I don't want to cancel anyone. I just have a problem with Ron Maclean helping out the Liberals, who don't have Canadians best interests at heart and who don't represent the values of the majority of Canadians. Now if he was helping the Conservatives, he would be working with good people who represent the values of the majority of Canadians.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Dec 17th, 2020, 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
blueliner
Übergod

Post by blueliner »

bernie428 wrote:
Gone_Fishin wrote:
MacLean's paycheque comes from the CBC, but don't let facts get in your way.

https://www.cbc.ca/programguide/persona ... 8153260336
Don Cherry is also on there. Fired.
So is Mansbridge. Retired.

If they are alive, they are listed.
You forgot Dave Hodge " That's how things go with this network CBC " then he got fired too
Chyren
Board Meister

Post by Chyren »

When you dislike someone for political leanings you should really look in the mirror. Welcome to 2020 I guess. We can disagree and still like each other.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Chyren wrote:When you dislike someone for political leanings you should really look in the mirror. Welcome to 2020 I guess. We can disagree and still like each other.
I don't dislike Ron Maclean. I just have a problem with him working for the Liberals, a party that doesn't represent the values of the majority of Canadians.
typhoon44
Übergod

Post by typhoon44 »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Chyren wrote:When you dislike someone for political leanings you should really look in the mirror. Welcome to 2020 I guess. We can disagree and still like each other.
I don't dislike Ron Maclean. I just have a problem with him working for the Liberals, a party that doesn't represent the values of the majority of Canadians.
And yet they are in power and up strongly in popularity. "We" voted in the Liberals regardless if "you" voted for them.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

typhoon44 wrote: And yet they are in power and up strongly in popularity. "We" voted in the Liberals regardless if "you" voted for them.
I'm not sure who "they" is when you say "they" are in power. "They" being the Liberals only hold power because of the NDP. Neither party represents the core values of the majority of Canadians. Only the Conservatives do that. That's why it was a shame to see Ron Maclean in league with the Liberals.
Hot Business Chick
Banned

Post by Hot Business Chick »

Cool. I'm a big fan of Ron's and it's always nice to see a celebrity fundraising.

Sincerely,

Hot Business Chick

Return to “Canada”