Who tells Government Officials what to say during a pandemic

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Who tells Government Officials what to say during a pandemic

Post by Thinktank »

Did you ever wonder who tells government officials what to say?

^ Who wrote the information on that paper she is reading?

Ontario's top health officials admit someone tells them what to say.

Someone is telling government officials what to say.

I think it's the executives of multinational corporations that tell our government officials what to say.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/pfizer ... -1.5798089
Albert Bourla, CEO of Pfizer Inc., sold nearly $6 million worth of shares in his company on Monday. (Zach Gibson/Bloomberg)

do we really want to do what he tells Justin and Bonnie to tell us what to do?

Discuss
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Who tells Government Officials what to say during a pand

Post by stuphoto »

Government Speach Writers is a job anyone can apply for.
So if you think you can do better, why not apply. You may just get the job.
My guess is, you may have to wait for the next right wing ruling party before getting the job.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

stuphoto wrote:Government Speach Writers is a job anyone can apply for.
So if you think you can do better, why not apply. You may just get the job.
My guess is, you may have to wait for the next right wing ruling party before getting the job.
It's quite common now to check an applicants social media accounts.

I'm sure TT would be at the top of their list. :biggrin:
So I saw a bumper sticker today that said, I'm a Veterinarian so I drive like an animal.
I suddenly realised how many Proctologists are on the road!
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

so a speechwriter tells Bonny everything she needs to know about the flu?

or a multinational corporation that sells vaccines tells Bonny everything she needs to know about the flu.

What Garth Turner has to say sounds better than "build back better" Trudeau or Be Kind Bonny

Big hype all over the place in recent weeks. Pfizer. Moderna, AstraZeneca. Grannies, nurses, foreign leaders, Pence and Fauci getting the shot. Planes of serum landing in Canada. Trudeau crowing about it in the Commons. Premiers lining up for accolades. Okay, we got it. But the vax is trash unless it gets into twenty million Canadian arms over the next six months.

So far, not so good. Only about 52,000 people have been vaccinated in all of Canada

https://www.greaterfool.ca/

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Thinktank's point, I believe, is that they are all using the slogan, "build back better". As in, this is the great reset language and who told them to use it.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Dec 29th, 2020, 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Baiting
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

I think what eventually comes out of their mouths is a result of a negotiation with the governing party considering there's been 3 provincial elections during this mess and some suspiciously slow action in BC.
Premier Higgs seems to be the only one who got his election and managed this pandemic well, though at the time I thought he was wrong for it
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by stuphoto »

Thinktank wrote:so a speechwriter tells Bonny everything she needs to know about the flu?

or a multinational corporation that sells vaccines tells Bonny everything she needs to know about the flu.

What Garth Turner has to say sounds better than "build back better" Trudeau or Be Kind Bonny

Let's just say for a moment that you were running for office, and had some great ideas.
However you knew that everyone always falls asleep whenever you open your mouth.
You are of course going to want to hire a writer to help you express yourself.
For that matter, you may even want to hire an image consultant.

These people are still using your ideas, and are just helping you express them.

Even more important than that.
They don't want you accidentally offending anyone, and being held liable.

As for Catch Phrases, I agree with you. I am tired of them and yet equally as bad as everyone else using them.
Some writers don't have any imagination. Which honestly isn't part of their job.
Even if they did, some people will add a word just to sound cool
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Let's just say for a moment, a Pfizer salesman is recommending that everyone in Canada buy his vaccine but Pfizer guy sells stocks for $6.5 million - people won't trust him. Notice all the health officers for Canada are women? But they're all told exactly what to say by men from the big multinational corporations. Yaffe, from Ontario just reads from a paper.

Chief medical officers leading Canada through this pandemic, top row from left: Dr. Barbara Yaffe in Ontario; Dr. Jennifer Russell in New Brunswick; Canada's chief public health officer, Dr. Theresa Tam; Dr. Deena Hinshaw in Alberta; Dr. Patricia Daly in Vancouver; bottom, from left, Toronto's Dr. Eileen de Villa; Dr. Heather Morrison in Prince Edward Island; Dr. Bonnie Henry in B.C.; Dr. Janice Fitzgerald in Newfoundland and Labrador; and Dr. Vera Etches in Ottawa.

So we got these people - that want to control the health and life of 35 million Canadians. They all say to get a vaccine - like they all have orders from the same boss.
telling us what to do. Running a $billion dollar operation.
telling us what to do. Running a $billion dollar operation.

stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by stuphoto »

Are you sure they are all women :200: [icon_lol2.gif]

:topic:
I for one think they are all doing the best job they can, considering the circumstances.
They want us all to stay healthy and get back to work as soon as possible.
I would hope any government would do the same thing.

It's not like they are forcing up to take it or even limiting it to Pfizer.
Besides my understanding is that Pfizer is one of the few companies funding their own research rather than asking for government handouts.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Manitoba's Health Officer..........Brent Roussin.
edmskeptic
Board Meister

Post by edmskeptic »

Who is running things is extremely ugly. Most people will deny it rather than look.
One way to get through is to emphasize personally observable phenomena.

1) Someone tells politicians and doctors what to say.
2) Politicians and doctors then tell you what to think.
3) Fascist people then police and punish you for any disagreement with what politicians have told you to believe.
ItsBigDaddy
Banned

Post by ItsBigDaddy »

edmskeptic wrote:Who is running things is extremely ugly. Most people will deny it rather than look.
One way to get through is to emphasize personally observable phenomena.

1) Someone tells politicians and doctors what to say.
2) Politicians and doctors then tell you what to think.
3) Fascist people then police and punish you for any disagreement with what politicians have told you to believe.

It’s all about political power and money.
The severity of the lies that we are being told and believing because the “experts” tell us what to do is outrageous.
What manipulated minions we have become in our society, we the people, no longer have control of our thoughts, they are controlled by masterminds that feed this garbage narrative though social media and MSM.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Thinktank wrote:Ontario's top health officials admit someone tells them what to say.
Believe you are taking this out of context.
Yaffe, however, said in a statement provided to CTV News Toronto that she does “speak freely” during the briefings and was just referencing the fact that her communications team provides her with “researched and vetted remarks” to give at the beginning of the briefings, usually with the number of new cases and deaths reported in the province on that particular day.
So no, not wondering. And you've already posted about it page 16 on the Vaccine thread.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Yaffe, ... her communications team provides her with “researched and vetted remarks”...

^ THAT - IS CANADA'S COMMUNICATIONS TEAM. HE TELLS BONNY, YAFFE, AND EVERY OTHER CANADIAN HEALTH OFFICIAL WHAT TO SAY - AND THEY SAY IT.

Wow - that's not good.

Return to “Social Concerns”